[Today at 05:53:49 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: UMBC Post Game Interviews  (Read 6288 times)

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
UMBC Post Game Interviews
« on: December 16, 2006, 03:24:01 PM »
Dominic James
- Trying to anticipate every pass that he could.  A lot of help from teammates.

- Wanted to pick up defensive intensity overall.  Wanted to focus and turn it up.

- McNeal is unbelievable deflecting passes.  DJ knows he's the recipient of most of the steals.  Had lots of dunks in first half and non in second "I was running out of dunks" - "need more in my repertoire"

- Going to see lots of good things from this teams defensive quickness.  Crean wanted DJ to put emphasis on ball pressure.  Told him to pick up D and stop worrying about offense.

- Hayward is strong down low.  Very versatile, getting offensive and defensive rebounds.  He has a lot of potential and getting better.  We will see a lot from him in the future.  Has the mentality that he wants to get his hands on every move. 

- Everyone needs to maintain defensive intensity.  Team did well with that today.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Re: UMBC Post Game Interviews
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2006, 03:31:58 PM »
Tom Crean
- To create 17 point off TOs in 1st half is great.  DJ had 4 points off TOs in last 4 games, and had 8 in 1st half today.  37 deflections in 1st half, 61 for game.

- Want bench  guys (Lazar, Trend, Burke) to play with a lot of energy when they get in.  They all need to understand what needs to be done offensively.  Wants team to be 10 deep.  Kinsella will be back soon.  Team is very competitive. In practice, there was a lot of energy and MU got that from their bench today too.

- Need to get better at doing what they do best.  Too many 3s to start 2nd half. Need to learn to put people away, they're a young team and will get better with that.

- Hayward got 2 tip dunks in games, but non in practice.  They want him to be a complete player and improve on the defensive end.  His jump shot will be there soon too.

- Fitz got 2 fouls early, but he needs to play through that.  He'll shoot the ball well, and play good defensively.

- McNeal got a lot of deflections.  61 is only a couple off the record, don't know individuals.  He's closing on Wade's record.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2006, 03:45:09 PM »
Oh, man, Fitz must not have been a good boy this year, as Santa put 3 cheap fouls in his sack for him.

The first was 5 seconds into the game.  5 seconds!  The tip-off was .. like when you're breaking the rack in pool, but you screw it up and nancy it down the table and it misses nearly every ball.  At tip, it just kind of flopped on the ground, and there was a scrum, which normally on the tip, the refs would just let it go until someone got control.  Not this time.  5 seconds.

#2 Dan was near the basket, took one step forward and naturally had his hand in front, which grazed a UMBC player.  Bingo, foul #2 in < 2 minutes.  Go sit down, Fitz. 

#3, honestly, I have no idea.  Fitz saved the ball from going OOB as he chased it off the court.  3 seconds later, I'm not even sure he was back on the court, and he got called for a PF.  Crean went nuts on that one, as it was a real head scratcher.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2006, 03:47:49 PM »
More stuff

Box Score (ooze with a 4 and 4 game???)

Media Quotes

Notes

Recap
« Last Edit: December 16, 2006, 03:50:08 PM by rocky_warrior »

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2006, 03:49:27 PM »
#3, honestly, I have no idea.  Fitz saved the ball from going OOB as he chased it off the court.  3 seconds later, I'm not even sure he was back on the court, and he got called for a PF.  Crean went nuts on that one, as it was a real head scratcher.

Crean talked about this one on the post game.  Apparently it was for a push.  They reviewed the tape at half, and Fitz did push - so TC apologized to the refs for his reaction.

mviale

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2006, 03:55:51 PM »
Just heard on cbs: "marquette, my final four pick, bounces back" . That monicker is going to kill us this year.
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

Tommy Brice for Coach

• Team Captain
  • Tommy Brice is my hero
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2006, 04:11:55 PM »
Just heard on cbs: "marquette, my final four pick, bounces back" . That monicker is going to kill us this year.

No kidding. We need to stay an underdog team. This 17/20/22 ranking is right where we belong, so we get overlooked by teams that play us in the NCAA tournament. I don't want people to realize how good Marquette is until the 2nd or 3rd round.

And Mike Kinsella is coming back soon? Thats awesome. I thought he was gone for the season.

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2006, 04:16:48 PM »
When is Fitz not in foul trouble?  It seems like he has always been in foul trouble dating back to last year.

feedback