[Today at 07:53:14 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by PJDunn
[Today at 07:36:37 AM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[April 24, 2024, 09:57:20 PM]

Best case scenarios by We R Final Four
[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Let's review...  (Read 4883 times)

muguru

• All American
Let's review...
« on: December 09, 2017, 02:41:03 PM »
I'm sorry, but this just bothers me, and certain posters need to be called out for some things they said this week..

Sultan....
Sultan of Kookiness

All American
        View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Re: Do we REALLY want to beat UW?
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2017, 08:44:27 PM »

I really don’t understand the confidence about this game.

Do you get it now??

Brew...I love you man but..c'mon...

brewcity77

All American
    Alan Bykowski
        MSN Messenger - brewcity77@hotmail.com AOL Instant Messenger - brewcity1977 Yahoo Instant Messenger - brewcity77@yahoo.com
        View Profile Brew City Ball Email Personal Message (Offline)

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2017, 11:07:24 PM »

Reasons for worry:

UW-Madison makes teams play at their pace.
    They haven't shot the three well, but Davison, Trice, King, and Pritzl all have the ability to get hot.
    We don't defend the two and Happ is a beast. He's also maybe the best passing big in the country so even if we double him he can make us pay. Facing an All American is always a challenge.
    Just like they can get hot, we can get cold. We haven't made more than 3 threes in a game at the Kohl since 2009.
    Road games are hard.
    In close games, defense is more reliable than offense, and they're better defenders.
    Having the better team guarantees nothing in a rivalry, especially against teams like Wisconsin where it's more about system than individual talent.

Sultan again...

Sultan of Kookiness

All American

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2017, 08:20:05 AM »

Quote from: JamilJaeJamailJrJuan on December 08, 2017, 12:19:27 AM

Have you watched them play? They’re bad at basketball. If we hit our shots, it’s not going to be close. If we don’t, it will.

If we hit our shots?  Well no kidding.  But I'm not convinced that is going to happen.  UW isn't a bad defensive team.

Have I watched them?  A couple times.  They have had a couple bad outings, but they have also been competitive in nearly every game - including games v. teams much better than MU.

Sultan again...(anyone notice a theme)??

Sultan of Kookiness

All American

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2017, 08:50:41 AM »

Quote from: GrimmReaper33 on December 08, 2017, 08:46:32 AM

Ken Pom has the Badgers as 5 point favorites and they're ranked 17 spots higher than MU in his rankings.  Obviously they aren't nearly as good as they were the past 4 years (as expected) but they're not as bad as their record indicates.  Of the 6 losses, 2 were neutral site games against top 25 teams and 2 were true road games- one of which at top 15 Virginia.  I would like to think MU would have at least another W or two against their schedule, but I'm not so sure they would.

A quick look at UW's numbers shows they haven't shot the 3 well but there are some guys capable of hitting them.  I also don't like the thought of Heldt trying to guard Happ or Theo getting 5 fouls on Happ in about 10 minutes.  I see the game as a toss up.  A good thing for MU is UW has been in a lot of close games so far and seem to choke them away down the stretch due to inexperience.

Exactly.  It's not as though MU has been stellar so far either.  Some good games.  Some poor ones.  Haven't played a true road game either.

I think this is going to be a very frustrating game.  Not saying MU can't win by any means, but if people think we are going to do what OSU did last week, they are mistaken.

The bolded part is classic!

Brew again...You are better than this man!

brewcity77

All American
    Alan Bykowski
        MSN Messenger - brewcity77@hotmail.com AOL Instant Messenger - brewcity1977 Yahoo Instant Messenger - brewcity77@yahoo.com

« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2017, 08:59:29 AM »

Ken Pom has the Badgers as 5 point favorites and they're ranked 17 spots higher than MU in his rankings.  Obviously they aren't nearly as good as they were the past 4 years (as expected) but they're not as bad as their record indicates.  Of the 6 losses, 2 were neutral site games against top 25 teams and 2 were true road games- one of which at top 15 Virginia.  I would like to think MU would have at least another W or two against their schedule, but I'm not so sure they would.

A quick look at UW's numbers shows they haven't shot the 3 well but there are some guys capable of hitting them.  I also don't like the thought of Heldt trying to guard Happ or Theo getting 5 fouls on Happ in about 10 minutes.  I see the game as a toss up.  A good thing for MU is UW has been in a lot of close games so far and seem to choke them away down the stretch due to inexperience.

All of this. No one is saying this is unwinnable, but anyone that thinks MU going into the Kohl and breezing out with a comfortable victory is a foregone conclusion might want to dial their expectations back a bit.

4evercrean....
4everCrean

All American
    He looked good in blue.

« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2017, 11:06:41 AM »

Quote from: muguru on December 07, 2017, 08:59:10 PM

Where does your lack of confidence come from?? Okay, it's in Madison..I get that, but last time in Madison, UW had a MUCH better team, and MU wasn't as good, guess who won?? Happ?? One guy will NOT beat you...I don't care if he scores 40 by himself. As long as no one else goes off, MU wins it. Honestly, what overwhelming factors do you see that UW has in this game?? MU is the more talented team, so if both teams play their best game, MU wins. Both teams play their worst games...MU wins.

I'm asking an honest question...I'm not asking for "IF this happens, or THAT happens(like MU not hitting shots). How/where do you see UW having an overwhelming advantage in this game, that MU will lose the game?? UW is bigger, yes...but they can't shoot. They don't have the quickness on the perimeter to contain Rowsey and Markus...what am I missing??

Have you watched them play? They’re bad at basketball. If we hit our shots, it’s not going to be close. If we don’t, it will.

Reality Check: Current KemPom rankings

Wisconsin                    47
Marquette                    63

Also, home advantage is generally considered to be worth 4 points or so to the home team

Sometimes people just see things or know things that don't show up in numbers..learn to trust my man.

Goose...

Goose

All American

« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2017, 11:48:24 AM »

muguru

If MU does not win tomorrow I would be very surprised. Barring Happ scoring 50 points, this is a game we should win. Quite honestly, while we may be a slightly above average team this year, IMO the Badgers are horrible. This should be a W for MU, providing the little guys and Hauser make some shots.

He's one to trust...he knows ball.

And Sultan for the win...

Sultan of Kookiness

All American

« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2017, 09:04:47 PM »

Quote from: muguru on December 08, 2017, 07:43:37 PM

Nice try...But no..but I'm 1000% positive if MU loses, you will be back here after the game to tell everyone "told ya so". Look, are you going to dispute an undeniable fact that MU will have unquestionably 3 of the 4 best players on the floor tomorrow?? Are you going to be watching this game with your Badger buddies??

If they do lose, it will just make it reaffirm some things for me, that i have already known, but others don't want to see.

Having 3 of the best 4 players on the floor is really kind of an odd statement. Sure it's true, but what does it really mean?

And I am going to the game with my brother the UW alum.  I have no idea where we are sitting.

I expect them to lose, so it will reaffirm things for me as well.

Any questions Sultan?? Do you know what it means now?? Do you finally "get it". Trust the people that know basketball..

“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
Re: Let's review...
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 02:44:03 PM »
Tl;dr

🏀

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 02:45:22 PM »
This will end well.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2017, 02:46:17 PM »
I get what you're trying to do here Guru. And that's fair.

But from you? A perennial pessimist when it comes to MU basketball?

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2017, 02:47:59 PM »
Marquette played outstanding. The Badgers did bad. I don't see where this all comes into play though.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2017, 02:50:27 PM »
You're kind of a joke.

You set yourself up on purpose.

If Marquette won, you get to say you were right and they should have won. You don't have to praise wojo or the team. You get to call out those who had logical reasons for being cautious.

If Marquette lost, you get to attack wojo and the team for underperforming (which you wish you could have done because you don't care for would).

Be more transparent.

MomofMUltiples

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2017, 02:52:11 PM »
To be fair, most of those comments were made BEFORE we knew Wisconsin would be missing two of its more competent players.
I mean, OK, maybe he's secretly a serial killer who's pulled the wool over our eyes with his good deeds and smooth jumper - Pakuni (on Markus Howard)

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2017, 02:54:30 PM »
Let’s all go through Guru’s posts and find everything he’s gotten wrong.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

muguru

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2017, 02:56:53 PM »
To be fair, most of those comments were made BEFORE we knew Wisconsin would be missing two of its more competent players.

I get that, but it doesn't matter(wouldn't have changed the "W")..for people like Sultan, he still would have made comments about anyone expecting blowouts, will be disappointed. My biggest issue with this is in the history of him posting on these boards, he attacks anyone that he is CERTAIN is wrong about something..because he thinks he knows it all...well, this is his time to get some of it back..sometimes, people just know things or "see" things, that he doesn't get...this is one of those instances, and all I'm looking for is for him to ONE time admit he was flat out wrong about something.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2017, 02:58:30 PM »
If I had known Wisconsin was going to be missing two guards, I would have been more optimistic.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

jaygall31

• Team Captain
  • Just get shots up...Turnovers are what KILL you.
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2017, 03:01:27 PM »
Why can't we just all be happy we won the game (by a crap ton).
It's not about ME,
It's about US.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2017, 03:01:52 PM »
You're kind of a joke.

You set yourself up on purpose.

If Marquette won, you get to say you were right and they should have won. You don't have to praise wojo or the team. You get to call out those who had logical reasons for being cautious.

If Marquette lost, you get to attack wojo and the team for underperforming (which you wish you could have done because you don't care for would).

Be more transparent.

This is NOT true, it's more about giving Sultan back what he so often dishes out...he attacks any poster that says something he THINKS is flat out wrong, because he is arrogant..when in reality, he should maybe pay a little more attention to people that know basketball, and that some people's "eye tests" are better then others. He could learn a lot if he did.

The team played VERY well, in fact, this is the kind of performance I have expected to see from them all year. They are Talented. Wojo did a great job with his game plan on Happ.

I don't dislike Wojo..I'm just an impatient person and hate having to wait this long to be back to where I want to see this program. That's on me..Let's hope this season turns into another NCAA bid.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2017, 03:04:37 PM »
Let’s all go through Guru’s posts and find everything he’s gotten wrong.

If I had known Wisconsin was going to be missing two guards, I would have been more optimistic.

All these things.

I get that, but it doesn't matter(wouldn't have changed the "W")..for people like Sultan, he still would have made comments about anyone expecting blowouts, will be disappointed. My biggest issue with this is in the history of him posting on these boards, he attacks anyone that he is CERTAIN is wrong about something..because he thinks he knows it all...well, this is his time to get some of it back..sometimes, people just know things or "see" things, that he doesn't get...this is one of those instances, and all I'm looking for is for him to ONE time admit he was flat out wrong about something.

I don't see any posts in your collection where anyone is attacking anybody for having a different opinion. But it was very long and hard to read so I might have just missed it.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2017, 03:05:50 PM »

Do you really and truly think that would have made that much of a difference?? In the final score maybe, but it wasn't changing the "W". I said MU had 3 of the 4 best players on the floor today..that showed up in a big way. Bottom line is..Not many teams can stop MU's big 3..so if they can get contributions from others they will be really dangerous..but this is an example of when talent wins out..when you are THAT much more talented then the other team on the floor..90% of the time, this is what will happen.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2017, 03:10:59 PM »
Yes.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2017, 03:12:08 PM »
 Now with that said, Do you have anything Good to say about this team and the Coaching Staff?
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

connie

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2017, 03:12:44 PM »
This is NOT true, it's more about giving Sultan back what he so often dishes out...he attacks any poster that says something he THINKS is flat out wrong, because he is arrogant..when in reality, he should maybe pay a little more attention to people that know basketball, and that some people's "eye tests" are better then others. He could learn a lot if he did.
That's why they invented the "ignore" button.  Bathe in the sweet juice of a resounding victory.  Your karma will thank you.
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

muguru

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2017, 03:12:55 PM »
Now I'm going to be fair here...this is the absolute best thing that was said by anyone before this game..those of you that know Ericthered knows what an arrogant tool he is..he GUARANTEED Joey to UW was a 100% lock..well after the Temple game he said this...

10. I expect us to beat Marquette handily on Saturday and for Happ to have 25-30 points. They’re using Heldt (a poor man’s Illikainen) at center and Hauser (a less physical Van Vliet) at “power forward”. I’m not sure it ever made it here, but their starting point guard, Cheatum, quit the team last week. Their only chance is for them to shoot about 30 threes and hit 50%. If the Badgers do end up losing, I can’t even imagine what the posts will be like here. Needless to say, the Badgers long string of success has done a pretty good job of masking how little several Buckyville posters know about basketball.

This is pure gold..and his last sentence especially, talking about how little several Buckyville posters know about basketball...when his first sentence shows he may know LESS about basketball then any of them. Comparing Sam to AVV, is gold, and who knew Haney was MU's starting point Guard?? This deserves to be on Scooptakes or at the very least get tossed around on twitter.  ;D

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2017, 03:16:54 PM »
I'm sorry, but this just bothers me, and certain posters need to be called out for some things they said this week..

Sultan....
Sultan of Kookiness

All American

Do you get it now??

brewcity77

All American
    Alan Bykowski

Reasons for worry:

They haven't shot the three well, but Davison, Trice, King, and Pritzl all have the ability to get hot.
    We don't defend the two and Happ is a beast. He's also maybe the best passing big in the country so even if we double him he can make us pay. Facing an All American is always a challenge.
    Just like they can get hot, we can get cold. We haven't made more than 3 threes in a game at the Kohl since 2009.
    Road games are hard.
    In close games, defense is more reliable than offense, and they're better defenders.
    Having the better team guarantees nothing in a rivalry, especially against teams like Wisconsin where it's more about system than individual talent.

Sultan again...

Sultan of Kookiness

All American

If we hit our shots?  Well no kidding.  But I'm not convinced that is going to happen.  UW isn't a bad defensive team.

Have I watched them?  A couple times.  They have had a couple bad outings, but they have also been competitive in nearly every game - including games v. teams much better than MU.

Sultan of Kookiness

All American

Exactly.  It's not as though MU has been stellar so far either.  Some good games.  Some poor ones.  Haven't played a true road game either.

I think this is going to be a very frustrating game.  Not saying MU can't win by any means, but if people think we are going to do what OSU did last week, they are mistaken.

brewcity77

All American
    Alan Bykowski

All of this. No one is saying this is unwinnable, but anyone that thinks MU going into the Kohl and breezing out with a comfortable victory is a foregone conclusion might want to dial their expectations back a bit.

4evercrean....
4everCrean

All American
    He looked good in blue.

Where does your lack of confidence come from?? Okay, it's in Madison..I get that, but last time in Madison, UW had a MUCH better team, and MU wasn't as good, guess who won?? Happ?? One guy will NOT beat you...I don't care if he scores 40 by himself. As long as no one else goes off, MU wins it. Honestly, what overwhelming factors do you see that UW has in this game?? MU is the more talented team, so if both teams play their best game, MU wins. Both teams play their worst games...MU wins.

I'm asking an honest question...I'm not asking for "IF this happens, or THAT happens(like MU not hitting shots). How/where do you see UW having an overwhelming advantage in this game, that MU will lose the game?? UW is bigger, yes...but they can't shoot. They don't have the quickness on the perimeter to contain Rowsey and Markus...what am I missing??

Also, home advantage is generally considered to be worth 4 points or so to the home team

Sometimes people just see things or know things that don't show up in numbers..learn to trust my man.

Goose...

Goose

All American

muguru

If MU does not win tomorrow I would be very surprised. Barring Happ scoring 50 points, this is a game we should win. Quite honestly, while we may be a slightly above average team this year, IMO the Badgers are horrible. This should be a W for MU, providing the little guys and Hauser make some shots.

Sultan of Kookiness

All American

Nice try...But no..but I'm 1000% positive if MU loses, you will be back here after the game to tell everyone "told ya so". Look, are you going to dispute an undeniable fact that MU will have unquestionably 3 of the 4 best players on the floor tomorrow?? Are you going to be watching this game with your Badger buddies??

If they do lose, it will just make it reaffirm some things for me, that i have already known, but others don't want to see.

Having 3 of the best 4 players on the floor is really kind of an odd statement. Sure it's true, but what does it really mean?

And I am going to the game with my brother the UW alum.  I have no idea where we are sitting.

Any questions Sultan?? Do you know what it means now?? Do you finally "get it". Trust the people that know basketball..

Get a grip, dude.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2017, 03:18:03 PM »

Sultan....
Sultan of Kookiness

All American

Do you get it now??

brewcity77

All American
    Alan Bykowski

Reasons for worry:

Road games are hard.

Sultan again...

Sultan of Kookiness

All American

Sultan of Kookiness

All American

brewcity77

All American
    Alan Bykowski

4evercrean....
4everCrean

All American
    He looked good in blue.

Goose...

Goose

All American

muguru

Sultan of Kookiness

All American

LOL
Chill man
Goal is National Championship

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2017, 03:18:48 PM »
You are who we thought you were.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2017, 03:20:18 PM »
Very douchey
No Finish Line

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2017, 03:20:25 PM »

Sultan....
Sultan of Kookiness

All American

Do you get it now??

brewcity77

All American
    Alan Bykowski

Reasons for worry:

Road games are hard.

Sultan again...

Sultan of Kookiness

All American

Sultan of Kookiness

All American

brewcity77

All American
    Alan Bykowski

4evercrean....
4everCrean

All American
    He looked good in blue.

Goose...

Goose

All American

muguru

Sultan of Kookiness

All American

I don't need a Jimmy Butler gif to say:

What The F^ck Was That?

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2017, 03:22:03 PM »
Now with that said, Do you have anything Good to say about this team and the Coaching Staff?

Hmm...

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2017, 03:22:47 PM »
Why can't we just all be happy we won the game (by a crap ton).
This is why we can't have nice things happen in scoop....
Goal is National Championship