[April 15, 2024, 10:12:01 PM]

Going Portaling: Which Portal Prospect do you want and why? by DoctorV
[April 15, 2024, 09:54:11 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Tyler COLEk
[April 15, 2024, 08:53:41 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by PGsHeroes32
[April 15, 2024, 06:38:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Kohl'd blooded  (Read 19240 times)

PistolBrad

• Scholarship Player
Re: Kohl'd blooded
« Reply #100 on: December 09, 2017, 09:03:03 PM »
As much as I hate to admit it the dunk by Iverson on Cain may have been more exciting.  Although it was not worth 15 points so the Kohl Hole crowd went back to sleeping shortly after.

dajudge

• Starter
« Reply #101 on: December 09, 2017, 09:14:34 PM »
As much as I hate to admit it the dunk by Iverson on Cain may have been more exciting.  Although it was not worth 15 points so the Kohl Hole crowd went back to sleeping shortly after.
I am so elated that Buckys style of play so constrains Iverson
About to watch that thrashing for second time just for good measure

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #102 on: December 09, 2017, 09:43:39 PM »
Curse of Brian anderson on the call had me worried - no matta!!!!!!!

He is a terrible announcer whether it is basketball or baseball.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #103 on: December 09, 2017, 09:50:29 PM »
Probably the most exciting individual play of the game. Loved it. That poor Reuvers kid didn't have a chance

Minne on Minne violence

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #104 on: December 09, 2017, 09:54:17 PM »
Just re-watched the game.

Davison kicked his feet out on the 3 he got fouled on by Elliott.  He also took 4! steps after Howard had left his feet on the Howard charge for his 3rd foul.  That could have been huge, only a 6 point lead at that point.  The whole team played with a chip on their shoulder today.  I have no idea why, hope it was for all of the vitriol that the Hausers got after Joey committed.

A couple of other things from the game.  A We Are Marquette chant at 4:50, where UW piped in music ,during a live ball situation, to drown it out.  UW didn't put final score/ stats on the jumbotron after the game, for what it's worth. And finally, we were treated to the weirdest timeout ever, where Bucky and the Orange Bowl mascot (not kidding) free danced for 2.5 minutes. 

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #105 on: December 09, 2017, 10:13:15 PM »

You're crazy. He doesn't get the playoff nod because he's terrible. Of all the announcers we've been forced to listen to you pick Anderson?

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #106 on: December 09, 2017, 10:16:15 PM »

Davison kicked his feet out on the 3 he got fouled on by Elliott.  He also took 4! steps after Howard had left his feet on the Howard charge for his 3rd foul.  That could have been huge, only a 6 point lead at that point. 

The step back 3 was just as bad. Didn't extend his arm at all. Davison cut off his drive so Markus backed off and gets a charge call. I like Davison but he's already learned the bucky flop.

CreanLover

• Walk-On
« Reply #107 on: December 09, 2017, 10:24:09 PM »
You're crazy. He doesn't get the playoff nod because he's terrible. Of all the announcers we've been forced to listen to you pick Anderson?
He’s fine on basketball. He’s a horrendous baseball announcer. Not as bad as Len Kasper, though.

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #108 on: December 09, 2017, 10:33:39 PM »
Maybe I missed it, but I don't think either of the commentators mentioned that T.J. Schlundt was the son of a former Marquette player.  That's usually the type of thing they say 4 or 5 times during a broadcast.

I kept waiting too.   Watched the whole game and never heard it.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #109 on: December 09, 2017, 10:45:33 PM »
The step back 3 was just as bad. Didn't extend his arm at all. Davison cut off his drive so Markus backed off and gets a charge call. I like Davison but he's already learned the bucky flop.

Agree on that one too. He is trailing Howard off of the baseline screens, by a wide margin, but is able to make up the ground and get set to take a charge?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #110 on: December 09, 2017, 10:54:29 PM »
Charge call on Markus was brutally bad - probably as poor a charge call as any of us will see in any game (MU or otherwise) this season.

I think Theo's block is my favorite play so far in the 2017-18 campaign. DEFINITELY my favorite defensive play.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #111 on: December 09, 2017, 11:07:51 PM »
Charge call on Markus was brutally bad - probably as poor a charge call as any of us will see in any game (MU or otherwise) this season.

I think Theo's block is my favorite play so far in the 2017-18 campaign. DEFINITELY my favorite defensive play.

Perfect example of a defender sliding under a player while he's up in the air.  Saying it was a horrendous call is an understatement.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #112 on: December 09, 2017, 11:11:52 PM »
My thoughts after attending the game and riding high all afternoon and evening:

1.  Markus, Andrew, and Sam combined for 63 points.  Yep, they matched the entire Wisconsin team and would have beaten them if not for a phantom and-1 call with a minute to go.

2.  Great game plan by the coaches and great execution by the players.  I like that MU came out aggressive and was in control from start to finish.

3.  Heldt, Anim, Cain, and John all had some nice moments.  Elliott was quiet but effective on D.  Cain was close to a bunch of steals and very active on D.  What a block by Theo!

4.  Cain made some freshman plays where his shot got blocked or he turned it over.  Plays that he probably made in HS when he was taller and more athletic than everybody.  He's got a bit of a learning curve but when he figures it out I want to see it.

5.  I actually will be kinda sad if Wisconsin becomes DePaul 2.0; I loved whooping the Badgers today but there's no juice if the rivalry becomes one sided.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #113 on: December 10, 2017, 07:15:16 AM »

I like him for basketball.  Love him for baseball.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #114 on: December 10, 2017, 07:17:22 AM »

Davison kicked his feet out on the 3 he got fouled on by Elliott.  He also took 4! steps after Howard had left his feet on the Howard charge for his 3rd foul.  That could have been huge, only a 6 point lead at that point.  The whole team played with a chip on their shoulder today.  I have no idea why, hope it was for all of the vitriol that the Hausers got after Joey committed.

A couple of other things from the game.  A We Are Marquette chant at 4:50, where UW piped in music ,during a live ball situation, to drown it out.  UW didn't put final score/ stats on the jumbotron after the game, for what it's worth. And finally, we were treated to the weirdest timeout ever, where Bucky and the Orange Bowl mascot (not kidding) free danced for 2.5 minutes. 

They did eventually put the stats up.  Only reason I know is when my brother said "Holy crap, they shot what from 3?"

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #115 on: December 10, 2017, 07:28:43 AM »
I stick up for announcers. I agree, BA is poor at college hoops. He should know everything UW and MU living in this state.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #116 on: December 10, 2017, 07:29:08 AM »
I kept waiting too.   Watched the whole game and never heard it.
I was wondering if that was Terrell Schlundt's kid while watching and the fact that they didn't mention led me to believe he wasn't.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #117 on: December 10, 2017, 07:47:11 AM »
Any one surprised by Gard’s game plan?  I thought for sure he would take the air out of the ball.

Also, Wojo added a few Princeton Offensive style sets. I thought this was masterful versus relying just on the high screen offense. Gard had no answers.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #118 on: December 10, 2017, 07:55:34 AM »
I think they tried to slow it down, but they turned the ball over and missed too many shots. 

I think Wojo did things on both offense and defense that it took Gard awhile to adjust to.

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #119 on: December 10, 2017, 07:17:27 PM »
A few random thoughts.

1.  Happ travels EVERY time he touches the ball.  He has "happy feet" like a 7th grade bench warmer.  Big 10 refs must let this go.
2.  Gard didn't have a game plan at all.
3.  Davison is not as good as today's box score
4.  The schools need to get together and hire better refs for this game.  It's an important game, cannot afford to have bush league refs.  If the NCAA controls ref distribution, give this one an asterisk "don't send us a bunch of losers".  Fortunately, the bad calls mostly were both ways.
5.  Heldt needs to play like this against BEAST centers.
6.  Anim's hustle is excellent.  The late game full court loose ball where he got called for a foul - he actually touched the ball first which means it's not a foul. 
7.  Shooting was excellent.
8.  Wisconsin really sucks this year.  Vermont was a better team and better coached.
9.  We need another rival, this series is ours for the next 4-5 years. 
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #120 on: December 10, 2017, 07:26:07 PM »
A few random thoughts.

1.  Happ travels EVERY time he touches the ball.  He has "happy feet" like a 7th grade bench warmer.  Big 10 refs must let this go.
2.  Gard didn't have a game plan at all.
3.  Davison is not as good as today's box score
4.  The schools need to get together and hire better refs for this game.  It's an important game, cannot afford to have bush league refs.  If the NCAA controls ref distribution, give this one an asterisk "don't send us a bunch of losers".  Fortunately, the bad calls mostly were both ways.
5.  Heldt needs to play like this against BEAST centers.
6.  Anim's hustle is excellent.  The late game full court loose ball where he got called for a foul - he actually touched the ball first which means it's not a foul. 
7.  Shooting was excellent.
8.  Wisconsin really sucks this year.  Vermont was a better team and better coached.
9.  We need another rival, this series is ours for the next 4-5 years. 

Regarding #5, very likely the home team is responsible. And all refs are at best inconsistent.

DUNKS45

• All American
  • never too old
« Reply #121 on: December 10, 2017, 07:27:15 PM »

I like him for basketball.  Love him for baseball.

I agree Sultan.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #122 on: December 10, 2017, 07:43:14 PM »
I think Wisconsin sports have been blessed with some great play by play guys both on the radio and on TV.  Even Home Team is great in my opinion.  There's a reason he's called homer, but he's also the Marquette play by play radio guy, not some neutral national broadcast play by play guy.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Goose

• All American
« Reply #123 on: December 10, 2017, 07:50:00 PM »
Big fan of Homer!!

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #124 on: December 10, 2017, 08:35:35 PM »
BTW, just watched a replay.  I thought the reffing was fine.  A couple missed calls, but the only thing horrible was the charge on Markus.  They were pretty consistent throughout the game.

feedback