[April 25, 2024, 09:43:05 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Uncle Rico
[April 25, 2024, 05:51:25 PM]

Campus camp-out with cool flags? by FreewaysBurnerAccount
[April 25, 2024, 04:52:25 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 25, 2024, 02:51:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: The Harry Froling Era Now Begins  (Read 20744 times)

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
Re: The Harry Froling Era Now Begins
« Reply #100 on: December 15, 2017, 03:23:50 PM »
It's a simple game. You hit the ball, you throw the ball, you catch the ball. You got it?!

Wait...
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #101 on: December 15, 2017, 03:26:47 PM »
Well this thread went to crap.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #102 on: December 15, 2017, 03:27:49 PM »
I just hope he has hops like a kangaroo. 

MUBigDance

• All American
« Reply #103 on: December 15, 2017, 03:29:34 PM »
I'm glad its a mystery....like Star Wars spoilers...don't want to know what FRO can do until the NIU and American games.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #104 on: December 15, 2017, 03:44:12 PM »
Bad way.  Unless he has some freaky good move that seems so obvious but works every time and can labeled #theDownUnder

Depends on what part of downunder you are talking about.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #105 on: December 15, 2017, 03:49:14 PM »
I hope he modeled his game after this guy.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #106 on: December 15, 2017, 05:36:50 PM »
I hope everyone realizes he is a below the rim type of player, he will not block many shots and really is not a great rebounder.  He can score and you can not teach
height, he has that.  I expect big things the following 2 years for sure.  He will play the 4 at times, but I think he will be better utilized at the 5 if they change the O
for him at times.  He can go outside, open the lane and be open for a shot.  I am just curious and I would ask Wojo this question.  I can not believe that Matt could not
do the samething.  Never gives him a chance.  Free throw form is really good, and I think he can do more than dunk, lay-ups and a baby hook.  I am sure he practices
shooting from the perimeter, in this generation, they all try.  I hope Morrow is working on that part of his game for next year as well.
How do you know?  Have you watched him play?

DCHoopster

• Team Captain
« Reply #107 on: December 15, 2017, 06:47:56 PM »
How do you know?  Have you watched him play?

Yes. I have seen him play and I have seen videos.   He does not jump well and I would say he is a poor mans Henry Ellenson on overall physical talent.  In the
right situation he can flourish, up to Wojo to see that happens.  Heldt and Harry on the court will not be to good against teams in the Big East, very athletic conference.

HammerScreen

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #108 on: December 15, 2017, 06:49:41 PM »
Really looking forward to see what HF brings to the table. If what I've read turns out to be true, his shooting will open up driving lanes for strong SA drives, MH floaters and SH short pull ups. SH will really benefit from this and get some solid minutes at the 3. SH will dominate opposing 3s in the post

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #109 on: December 15, 2017, 07:10:41 PM »
Looking forward to seeing him play now that he is in shape........

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #110 on: December 15, 2017, 07:59:08 PM »
Really looking forward to see what HF brings to the table. If what I've read turns out to be true, his shooting will open up driving lanes for strong SA drives, MH floaters and SH short pull ups. SH will really benefit from this and get some solid minutes at the 3. SH will dominate opposing 3s in the post
SH = Sam Hauser. HammerScreen = HS.  Who's the biggest Sam fan?  All of us!.....AND Sam's family.  So welcome Hauser kinsman/woman, Sam will be fantastic at MU regardless of who he's on the court with.

Note: if i was a betting man i'd say this is MUFINY's 4th personality

MU82

• All American
« Reply #111 on: December 15, 2017, 09:49:11 PM »
You see Harry in the huddle and he is obviously tall.

I am sick of TV showing our huddle and all Harry is doing is being tall.

Other teams, the tall players are so much more than tall in the huddle. They are motivating their teammates with great motivational motivation.

Our huddles suck. First Wojo's cliches, now Harry's tallness. Sucky!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #112 on: December 15, 2017, 10:22:40 PM »
There's a link in there to another pretty good article:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/basketball/how-a-body-transformation-and-an-opportunistic-friendship-with-thon-maker-has-harry-froling-back-on-track/news-story/ba8677a1765c2f693a7d890fd154ad79

Not good!

Froling’s diet followed suit. He told a story of how he once ate a tube of Pringles for breakfast, so that was clearly a part of his life he knew he needed to alter.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #113 on: December 16, 2017, 09:18:05 AM »

Froling’s diet followed suit. He told a story of how he once ate a tube of Pringles for breakfast, so that was clearly a part of his life he knew he needed to alter.

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #115 on: December 16, 2017, 06:48:24 PM »
Froling looked solid at practice today.  Harry and Sam battled one another extremely hard, and Harry held his own on both ends of the floor.  I would expect him to get as many, or more, minutes as Matt for the remainder of the season.  Incidentally, Theo continues to improve at a steady rate, as well.  If he can play without being in foul trouble, he will be very productive.  He had another man-sized block (similar to the one he had at Madison), and his offensive moves are very fluid for a man his size.  He is strong, athletic and skilled.

With Harry being immediately inserted into the lineup, and Theo demanding more minutes with his play, Sam will be pushed down to the 3 on a fairly regular basis.  Of course, somebody has to lose minutes.  My guess is those minutes will have to come from Matt and Sacar.   

Also, the Froling family was in attendance today, including Harry's younger brother Sam.  Sam is a senior in HS, and according to his father is currently visiting a number of schools.  He said, MU is full at Sam's position, and so MU isn't a possibility, but he is considering Creighton, Colorado, and others.  Dad was wearing a Colorado sweatshirt and Sam was wearing Australia National Team sweats. Sam appears to be just as tall as Harry and friendly with the MU players, however we won't be seeing that brother connection at MU, according to dad. 

Starting this week, we are immediately a bigger and better team.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #116 on: December 16, 2017, 06:50:03 PM »

I loved the wake-n-bake breakfasts when i was 19 (i was 6 foot 165 though)

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #117 on: December 16, 2017, 06:58:19 PM »
Froling looked solid at practice today.  Harry and Sam battled one another extremely hard, and Harry held his own on both ends of the floor.  I would expect him to get as many, or more, minutes as Matt for the remainder of the season.  Incidentally, Theo continues to improve at a steady rate, as well.  If he can play without being in foul trouble, he will be very productive.  He had another man-sized block (similar to the one he had at Madison), and his offensive moves are very fluid for a man his size.  He is strong, athletic and skilled.

With Harry being immediately inserted into the lineup, and Theo demanding more minutes with his play, Sam will be pushed down to the 3 on a fairly regular basis.  Of course, somebody has to lose minutes.  My guess is those minutes will have to come from Matt and Sacar.   

Also, the Froling family was in attendance today, including Harry's younger brother Sam.  Sam is a senior in HS, and according to his father is currently visiting a number of schools.  He said, MU is full at Sam's position, and so MU isn't a possibility, but he is considering Creighton, Colorado, and others.  Dad was wearing a Colorado sweatshirt and Sam was wearing Australia National Team sweats. Sam appears to be just as tall as Harry and friendly with the MU players, however we won't be seeing that brother connection at MU, according to dad. 

Very much appreciated.  I think that Harry's time at SMU should be discarded as an indicator of what to project moving forward.  Coaching turmoil just after he arrived didn't do anything for him.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #118 on: December 16, 2017, 07:53:27 PM »
Froling looked solid at practice today.  Harry and Sam battled one another extremely hard, and Harry held his own on both ends of the floor........

Greatly appreciated, 94. These kind of posts are the reason I read Scoop.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #119 on: December 16, 2017, 08:55:34 PM »
‘Harry held his own’  8-), hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

lohaus

• Starter
« Reply #120 on: December 16, 2017, 10:21:01 PM »
Literally what are you talking about, Heldt is solid on D

I'm talking about a 6'10" Heldt that turns his shoulder away when guys come to dunk instead of hacking the $hit out of a guy and preventing the dunk. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #121 on: December 16, 2017, 11:10:10 PM »

Thanks a lot for this detailed update, 94.

Really looking forward to seeing Harry play. One sign that we actually are an improving team will be if Heldt's minutes go down to the 15-ish range.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

feedback