[Today at 12:50:35 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by warriorchick
[Today at 12:06:20 PM]

MU Gear by Pepe Sylvia
[Today at 11:45:12 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 11:11:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Vegas Line: Marquette +7  (Read 6717 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: Vegas Line: Marquette +7
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2017, 12:18:21 AM »
Badgers were -9 going into their game against Ohio State. MU by 27. #donedeal
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2017, 07:24:00 AM »
Two observations.  Vegas needs equal dollars on both sides of the bet.  Second, NCAA has always had a lag effect with NCAA hoops in my experience. When JFB was a Senior we snuck up on everyone.  While MU didn't win every game, we covered about 80%. (I remember.  ;D)  Vegas hasn't yet figured out that Bucky blows this year.  The bookmakers simply don't follow it quite as closely as the NFL, especially below the Top 25. 

And again, refer to rule one.  The ONLY job is equal money on each side.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2017, 08:23:44 AM »
TAMU

I am going with MU in a rout. If it does not happen I will not be bitching, unless they lay a major, major egg. Two average teams and one that can score points, should be an easy win, IMO.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2017, 08:42:59 AM »
TAMU

I am going with MU in a rout. If it does not happen I will not be bitching, unless they lay a major, major egg. Two average teams and one that can score points, should be an easy win, IMO.

This statement is a good example why you don't bet on your favorite team. UW has played ranked teams tough on a neutral court, took xavier down to the end and had a late lead against a tough Temple team on the road. Plus UW plays a lot like Georgia, which didn't end well last weekend.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2017, 08:51:22 AM »
This statement is a good example why you don't bet on your favorite team. UW has played ranked teams tough on a neutral court, took xavier down to the end and had a late lead against a tough Temple team on the road. Plus UW plays a lot like Georgia, which didn't end well last weekend.

And EIU took MU to OT at the BC.  MU needs to play defense to get respect on the road.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2017, 08:52:37 AM »
TAMU

Goose,

First true road game and a tough gym. This is going to be closer than many people think. Would not be surprised to see UW win.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2017, 08:55:29 AM »
Let's see how much the line moves when the bettors catch wind of the fact that Trice is OUT today.  ;)
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2017, 08:58:26 AM »
Agreed, but there needs to be a threshold of talent that can leverage that home court advantage. It ain't there this year.

Agree the rodents have Happ and zip.  The Warriors will win this game.  Would love to see a slaughter.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2017, 09:05:37 AM »
eso

This guy is far from a homer when it comes to a wager. Would NEVER bet against MU, but my comments are not based off being a fan. I think the Badgers stink and MU can score points.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2017, 09:07:01 AM »
Let's see how much the line moves when the bettors catch wind of the fact that Trice is OUT today.  ;)

Trice's eFG% was 45.6% with over 9 FGA per game.  People may bet more on UW with him being out.  King and Pritzl are likely better players (haven't been doing it yet though).

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2017, 09:31:04 AM »
Trice's eFG% was 45.6% with over 9 FGA per game.  People may bet more on UW with him being out.  King and Pritzl are likely better players (haven't been doing it yet though).

If Trice is out, (I've heard rumors based on a tweet by Trice's mom but haven't found an official confirmation yet) it is a big blow for Bucky. Trice is the closest thing to a PG that they have. Happ was bringing the ball up against Temple when Trice was out. And while he he has been cold to start the season, he did shoot 42% from three last season. One less shooter that Happ can pass to out of the double team.

Wisconsin only uses an 8 man rotation so this brings that down to 7. They have three big men on the bench who can theoretically play in Van Vilet, Illianikin, and Thomas. I wonder if Gard will run with 7 or if they will use some two big sets with Happ and Reuevers/Van Vilet both on the floor. Badgers are not a team that likes to do things they normally don't do, forcing an adjustment like that could really hurt their flow.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2017, 09:40:41 AM »
I dunno, with Trice out this kinda reminds me of 2012 when Bruesewitz wasn't playing and we ran them out of the gym.

Obviously very different teams, but that's probably the last time you can say the two teams were even or Marquette had a slight advantage.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2017, 09:41:28 AM »
  Vegas hasn't yet figured out that Bucky blows this year.  The bookmakers simply don't follow it quite as closely as the NFL, especially below the Top 25. 

That's exactly how I see it.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

muguru

• All American
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2017, 09:43:26 AM »
Interesting...the site I check opened at -5, it's now up to -6.5...very strange.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2017, 09:52:47 AM »
I remember when Doogie was out for the UW game. I thought MU was going to lose with him, get smoked without him surely. But we won.

You never know.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Boozemon Barro

• All American
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2017, 10:05:24 AM »
I've been doing well this year fading Wisconsin. They keep being favored every game even though they're garbage. I'll be hammering the ML at +220.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2017, 10:11:13 AM »
Uh oh...

Jim Polzin

@JimPolzinWSJ

The #Badgers are going to be really thin today. No sign of D’Mitrik Trice or Kobe King during pregame warmups.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2017, 10:12:57 AM »
If Trice is out, (I've heard rumors based on a tweet by Trice's mom but haven't found an official confirmation yet) it is a big blow for Bucky. Trice is the closest thing to a PG that they have. Happ was bringing the ball up against Temple when Trice was out. And while he he has been cold to start the season, he did shoot 42% from three last season. One less shooter that Happ can pass to out of the double team.

Wisconsin only uses an 8 man rotation so this brings that down to 7. They have three big men on the bench who can theoretically play in Van Vilet, Illianikin, and Thomas. I wonder if Gard will run with 7 or if they will use some two big sets with Happ and Reuevers/Van Vilet both on the floor. Badgers are not a team that likes to do things they normally don't do, forcing an adjustment like that could really hurt their flow.

I expect them to go big, and play even slower than ever.  Try to get the game played in the 40s.  They will bump (or should I say hump) our guards constantly on the perimeter, but they will get the Kohl treatment and nothing will be called. 

7 man rotation becomes no problem, when they get called for 5 fouls the entire game.  Expect the opposite on our end with Howard getting called for 2 "bump" fouls quick.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 10:23:44 AM by forgetful »

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2017, 10:14:38 AM »
I expect them to go big, and play even slower than ever.  Try to get the game played in the 40s.  They will bump (or should I say hump) our guards constantly on the perimeter, but they will get the Kohl treatment and nothing will be called. 

7 man rotation becomes no problem, when they get called for 5 fouls the entire game.  Expect the opposite on our end with Howard getting called for 2 "bump" falls quick.

True, but they have played 4 games in 7 days. With two on the road. So their lack of depth could affect their legs.

Playing more of their big guys would worry me about the possibility of Sam getting in foul trouble.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2017, 10:26:41 AM »
TAMU

You guys are more optimistic than I.  The Kohl Center is a tough place to play.  Wisconsin has been in most games this year down to the final two minutes. 

Lost to UCLA by 2
Lost at Temple by 4  (had lead with 3 minutes to go)
Lost to ranked Baylor by 5 (two point game with two minutes to play)
Lost to Xavier (tie game with 2 minutes to go)

What am I missing here?  Why is this a rout, even a win?  This will be a tough game for us and I expect to be on the wrong side of the W / L column, but neither result would surprise me.  A rout?
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

muguru

• All American
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2017, 10:28:57 AM »
You guys are more optimistic than I.  The Kohl Center is a tough place to play.  Wisconsin has been in most games this year down to the final two minutes. 

Lost to UCLA by 2
Lost at Temple by 4  (had lead with 3 minutes to go)
Lost to ranked Baylor by 5 (two point game with two minutes to play)
Lost to Xavier (tie game with 2 minutes to go)

What am I missing here?  Why is this a rout, even a win?  This will be a tough game for us and I expect to be on the wrong side of the W / L column, but neither result would surprise me.  A rout?

King and Trice both officially OUT..They have to play a walk on Guard today that has never even suited up..If MU doesn't win this game...

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2017, 10:39:25 AM »
King and Trice both officially OUT..They have to play a walk on Guard today that has never even suited up..If MU doesn't win this game...

Schlundt.  :)

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2017, 10:47:25 AM »

OK, but the predictions here were made before that knowledge was known and seemed highly optimistic.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

muguru

• All American
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2017, 10:55:15 AM »
Line down to -4-5. Glad I got the money line at +225  :)

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2017, 10:57:59 AM »
I was going to call my man and lay the 6 until I read the Scoop.

feedback