[Today at 07:53:14 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by PJDunn
[Today at 07:36:37 AM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[April 24, 2024, 09:57:20 PM]

Best case scenarios by We R Final Four
[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Do we REALLY want to beat UW?  (Read 6341 times)

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
Re: Do we REALLY want to beat UW?
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2017, 02:32:47 PM »
I thought that King and Trice are questionable for the game. Davison had another shoulder issue in practice but is expected to play.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2017, 02:39:05 PM »
Vegas says UW by 6.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2017, 02:43:30 PM »
MU unquestionably will have 3 of the 4 best players on the floor Tomorrow.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2017, 02:50:04 PM »
For whatever reason, muguru is setting up strawmen left and right.

He says we "should" win. Kenpom and oddsmakers suggest otherwise.

He says Wisconsin is horrible. Questionable, as brew pointed out.

He says that if we win, Scoopers will talk about it being a "stunning upset." Proof, please.

Are the strawen being set up so that if we lose, he will be able to paint it as an indictment of Wojo and his athletes? Was Notre Dame's HOME loss to Ball State an indictment of Brey and his athletes?

Let's watch the game, root for MU, see what happens and then do what we do - make over-the-top statements about stuff real and imagined. Must we jump to conclusions before the game even starts?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2017, 02:50:58 PM »
MU unquestionably will have 3 of the 4 best players on the floor Tomorrow.

Yes. But that one on the other side is an All-American.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2017, 02:59:50 PM »
I thought that King and Trice are questionable for the game. Davison had another shoulder issue in practice but is expected to play.

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/938930364285931520

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/938930349492588544

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/college/uw/2017/12/07/wisconsins-backcourt-battling-injury-illness-marquette-looming/933343001/

Looks like Trice is expected to play. Davison seems to have some sort of recurring issue with his shoulder. Some Badger fans were even calling for him to be shut down. King missed practice with illness. Not sure what that means for Saturday.

If any of these three are out, the Badgers are going to really hurting at guard. They've got a few bigs on the end of the bench who can play, but those three are the only ones who can truly play the 1 or the 2. All the more reason to speed them up and get them some tired legs by the end of the game.
TAMU

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2017, 03:08:41 PM »
Are the strawen being set up so that if we lose, he will be able to paint it as an indictment of Wojo and his athletes?

tower912

• All American
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2017, 03:59:55 PM »

Looks like Trice is expected to play. Davison seems to have some sort of recurring issue with his shoulder. Some Badger fans were even calling for him to be shut down. King missed practice with illness. Not sure what that means for Saturday.

If any of these three are out, the Badgers are going to really hurting at guard. They've got a few bigs on the end of the bench who can play, but those three are the only ones who can truly play the 1 or the 2. All the more reason to speed them up and get them some tired legs by the end of the game.

He appeared to dislocate it in 2 games, went into the locker room and returned to the game both times, tough kid. Trice and King both had flu symptoms IIRC.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2017, 04:09:35 PM »
He appeared to dislocate it in 2 games, went into the locker room and returned to the game both times, tough kid. Trice and King both had flu symptoms IIRC.

I've had multiple shoulder dislocations in my life. I know you can pop it back in and keep playing, but you really shouldn't. I hope the kid manages to avoid any major injury.
TAMU

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2017, 06:09:16 PM »
For whatever reason, muguru is setting up strawmen left and right.

He says we "should" win. Kenpom and oddsmakers suggest otherwise.

He says Wisconsin is horrible. Questionable, as brew pointed out.

He says that if we win, Scoopers will talk about it being a "stunning upset." Proof, please.

Are the strawen being set up so that if we lose, he will be able to paint it as an indictment of Wojo and his athletes? Was Notre Dame's HOME loss to Ball State an indictment of Brey and his athletes?

Let's watch the game, root for MU, see what happens and then do what we do - make over-the-top statements about stuff real and imagined. Must we jump to conclusions before the game even starts?

Why are you such a wussy?  Marquette has a much better team than the rodents.  There is no comparison. 

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2017, 06:27:15 PM »
Why are you such a wussy?  Marquette has a much better team than the rodents.  There is no comparison.

Um. As was just pointed out to you, current advanced stats (Kenpom ranking) say that's not true.

Why are you ignoring evidence?

muguru

• All American
« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2017, 07:43:37 PM »

Nice try...But no..but I'm 1000% positive if MU loses, you will be back here after the game to tell everyone "told ya so". Look, are you going to dispute an undeniable fact that MU will have unquestionably 3 of the 4 best players on the floor tomorrow?? Are you going to be watching this game with your Badger buddies??

If they do lose, it will just make it reaffirm some things for me, that i have already known, but others don't want to see.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 07:57:53 PM by muguru »
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2017, 07:47:36 PM »
Um. As was just pointed out to you, current advanced stats (Kenpom ranking) say that's not true.

"But my in-laws are UW fans and I want a Marquette win.....and I want it NOW!" - Veruca Salt

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2017, 08:24:08 PM »

Because the Warriors are clearly the better team.  You are a troll.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2017, 09:04:22 PM »
Nice try...But no..but I'm 1000% positive if MU loses, you will be back here after the game to tell everyone "told ya so". Look, are you going to dispute an undeniable fact that MU will have unquestionably 3 of the 4 best players on the floor tomorrow?? Are you going to be watching this game with your Badger buddies??

If they do lose, it will just make it reaffirm some things for me, that i have already known, but others don't want to see.

Oh goodness.
Maigh Eo for Sam

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2017, 09:04:47 PM »

Having 3 of the best 4 players on the floor is really kind of an odd statement.  Sure it's true, but what does it really mean?

And I am going to the game with my brother the UW alum.  I have no idea where we are sitting.

I expect them to lose, so it will reaffirm things for me as well.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2017, 09:05:10 PM »
Because the Warriors are clearly the better team.  You are a troll.

I don't think you know what "troll" means.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #68 on: December 08, 2017, 11:25:56 PM »

What did Kansas' home loss to Washington, Notre Dame's home loss to Ball State and Florida's home loss to Loyola reaffirm for you?

That good teams sometimes inexplicably lose home games they are heavily favored to win?

If so, what does that have to do with a decent team losing a road game in which they are 6-7 point underdogs?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #69 on: December 09, 2017, 01:10:44 PM »
-Kohl hole worth 15 pts.

Marquette won by 34!

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #70 on: December 09, 2017, 01:14:11 PM »
Now that we have beaten UW, I can officially confirm. Yes. We really want to beat UW.
TAMU