[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Is Rowsey going to lead or sulk?  (Read 11418 times)

94Warrior

• All American
Is Rowsey going to lead or sulk?
« on: December 03, 2017, 06:52:14 PM »
As a 5th year senior, it's time for AR to grow up.  The team surrounded Rowsey immediately following introductions, showing him how important and appreciated his is.  He was clearly not amused, and he extracted himself from the huddle ASAP without cracking a smile.  He was too busy sulking about being removed from the starting lineup, to understand how important it would be to this team to have his scoring punch come off the bench.

He continued to sulk after entering the game.  When he wasn't turning the ball over and forcing shots, he was running half speed coming off picks and not working nearly hard enough.  Hustle is something you normally count on from Andrew, especially on the offensive end.  Not against Georgia.

Wojo's words directed to our most veteran players (aka Rowsey) post-game were not kind.  He said his week of preparation was poor and you play like you practice.

He was suspended just a couple weeks ago for poor behavior, and his attitude following removal from the starting lineup was disappointing to say the least.  So, the question is, will he start acting like a 5th year senior and be leader?  Or, can we expect to see more of his immaturity going forward?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 06:56:19 PM by 94Warrior »

GGGG

• All American
Re: Is Rowsey going to lead or sulk?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 06:56:19 PM »
He played like crap no doubt.  But I didn't interpret his body language as sulking.

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 07:25:13 PM »
He played like crap no doubt.  But I didn't interpret his body language as sulking.

Fair enough, I hope you are right.

Just curious, were you in the BC or did you watch on tv?  Because, what I interpreted as sulking, would not have been televised.

FWIW, Wojo called out AR after the game, saying we needed more from our most veteran players.  To me it didn't sound like he was talking about just their play.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2017, 07:44:03 PM »
I watched it on television. 

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2017, 08:43:01 PM »
Calm it the hell down. Lol.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2017, 08:48:45 PM »
Watched it on tv—he definitely appeared that he sulking on the bench initially, and he certainly seemed disinterested when he entered the game. Disappointing.

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2017, 10:07:23 PM »
Watched it on tv—he definitely appeared that he sulking on the bench initially, and he certainly seemed disinterested when he entered the game. Disappointing.

That's how I saw it.  That's how a lot of people sitting near me saw it, too.

And, I am calm.  Just disappointed.  If he wants to prove me wrong, all he needs to do is have a couple monster games and beat Vermont and the Badgers this week.  All will be water under the bridge.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 10:11:05 PM by 94Warrior »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2017, 10:17:22 PM »
That's how I saw it.  That's how a lot of people sitting near me saw it, too.

And, I am calm.  Just disappointed.  If he wants to prove me wrong, all he needs to do is have a couple monster games and beat Vermont and the Badgers this week.  All will be water under the bridge.

I doubt he’s overly concerned about proving anything to anyone on this board.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2017, 10:23:04 PM »
I doubt he’s overly concerned about proving anything to anyone on this board.

I doubt it, too.  That's why it was said tongue in cheek.
However, he might want to run full speed off-the-ball next game.  You know, like he normally does when he's in the starting lineup.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2017, 11:15:06 PM »
The Coach is in charge. If he discipline places a player who deserves it, great do it. If there is still a reason to discipline Andrew Rowsey, then bench him  for an entire game. The whole game. Win or lose, maybe it is a teaching moment. If not, then would have probably been an ongoing disaster.

Coach needs the respect of all of his players. Period.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 04:17:44 PM by Daniel »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2017, 08:01:56 AM »
I'd prefer that Rowsey lead rather than sulk.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2017, 08:42:51 AM »
In year 1, Wojo played with 7 scholarship players and benched JaJuan.    Last year, he declared every position up for grabs, TBD by how hard you practiced during the next week.   Matt took over at center, and once again JaJuan was benched.    IMHO, if there were enough bodies or other options at the point, Rowsey would have been benched.  But there aren't.   Thanks, Haanif, Duane, and Traci.    It is clear that Wojo is miffed with Rowsey.    It is up to Rowsey to respond.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Boards

• Walk-On
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2017, 08:56:32 AM »
I was at the BC - probably for the last time as I live in Minnesota and usually make it to one game a year, sad, so many great memories in there - anyway Rowsey is wayyyyy to small to be sulking, dude needs to get his head on straight and understand he's already at a disadvantage and can't coast or he will be exposed. Hero ball from him is a problem. Also side note that BC crowd stunk... Saturday game and lower bowl wasn't even full. Very disappointed in the MU crowd. Terrible game all around.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2017, 09:20:39 AM »
I was at the BC - probably for the last time as I live in Minnesota and usually make it to one game a year, sad, so many great memories in there - anyway Rowsey is wayyyyy to small to be sulking, dude needs to get his head on straight and understand he's already at a disadvantage and can't coast or he will be exposed. Hero ball from him is a problem. Also side note that BC crowd stunk... Saturday game and lower bowl wasn't even full. Very disappointed in the MU crowd. Terrible game all around.

Agreed, lots of entitled, privileged people in modern day Marquette.  If the fans can't get up for a game against Georgia, what the ....

Goose

• All American
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2017, 09:31:34 AM »
In ALL seriousness, many on here said Wojo coached up Matt Carlino and made him better, I hope Wojo coaches Rowsey up just as much. If any chance of having a decent season, Rowsey needs to be a big contributor. If he cannot be that, I would sit him down and play the young guys. Would prefer for young guys to get real playing time and get ready for next year.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 09:33:57 AM by Goose »

Hubert Davis

• Starter
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2017, 09:32:34 AM »
Rows has been playing like TRASH lately. And I was at the game...I saw sulking.

FIRE WOJO.

Strokin 3s

• Team Captain
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2017, 09:54:11 AM »
Agreed, lots of entitled, privileged people in modern day Marquette.  If the fans can't get up for a game against Georgia, what the ....

I think the fans were ready to get up, I know where I was sitting we were.  However, the offensive output was soooo inconsistent it was hard for the fans to get into the game.  Every time they got a little momentum it was extinguished very quickly.

Hubert Davis

• Starter
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2017, 09:58:42 AM »
I think the fans were ready to get up, I know where I was sitting we were.  However, the offensive output was soooo inconsistent it was hard for the fans to get into the game.  Every time they got a little momentum it was extinguished very quickly.

this. I was at the game as well, very solid Saturday afternoon crowd. People were buzzin' before the game. However, the way the game was played out, it was SO hard to sustain any momentum. One three was negated by an AND-1 on the other end or a Rowsey traveling call. Just a rough game overall.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2017, 10:09:54 AM »
this. I was at the game as well, very solid Saturday afternoon crowd. People were buzzin' before the game. However, the way the game was played out, it was SO hard to sustain any momentum. One three was negated by an AND-1 on the other end or a Rowsey traveling call. Just a rough game overall.

Are you talking about the players or the crowd sustaining momentum?

From the television, the place looked and sounded like a morgue for all but 43 seconds of the game.

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2017, 10:13:04 AM »
I thought the crowd was decent.  Esp. the much maligned student section.  I think like most Rowsey believes he is better than he is...someone brought up trust in his teammates I think that is an issue.  I think he may be having a blast off the court.  It is his last year of college after all.  Everybody has bad days, weeks, months.

Interestingly, when the team came through the Court Side Club before intros they walked.  I've never seen that before.  They always ran.  Seemed odd and a little down.  Rowsey was not a part of that moment at all.  I didn't notice but my buddy did.  I asked someone where he was and they said "on the court" so who knows what dynamic is taking place overall.

Markus came through post game noticeably agitated as expected.

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2017, 10:17:17 AM »
Rows has been playing like TRASH lately. And I was at the game...I saw sulking.

FIRE WOJO.

Is Wojo also responsible for Markus's 2 fouls in the first minute?  Is he responsible for TC, DW or HC jumping ship?

I am very pleased with the overall direction of the program, I would just like to see some veteran leadership.

T.V. Diener 34

• All American
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2017, 10:27:05 AM »
FWIW I was at the Chi St. game sitting 4 rows behind the bench.  Wojo was definitely not pleased with Rowsey's attitude/effort in that game and pulled him out of the game telling him he needed more out of him.  He put him back in 5 mins later and slapped him hard on the behind and basically said "Are you ready to play now??".  Basically insinuating he was giving lackluster effort... found it interesting.  Then, after watching on Saturday (I was out of town unfortunately) it still appeared as though Rowsey was still just going through the motions not giving 100% effort and making dumb mistakes.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2017, 11:13:33 AM »
I'd prefer that Rowsey lead rather than sulk.

That would also be my preference, but I'm mindful that our opinion might not be universal. How about a poll?

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2017, 11:35:47 AM »
It is his last go around in college.  I except he'll buck up starting tomorrow.  The clock is tickin'...
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2017, 11:58:32 AM »
That would also be my preference, but I'm mindful that our opinion might not be universal. How about a poll?

I strongly advocate Rowsey playing well instead of playing poorly.

I also would prefer a good game from Rowsey tomorrow to another Scoop poll.

I'm also coming out on the side of preferring a victory over Vermont as opposed to a loss.

Yep, this is me, taking some courageous stances.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson