[Today at 02:48:12 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by tower912
[Today at 02:40:05 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 02:24:16 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Jay Bee
[Today at 02:05:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Student Section — All White Sox fans?  (Read 12198 times)

BobWildLoyalist

• Team Captain
Re: Student Section — All White Sox fans?
« Reply #75 on: January 31, 2018, 04:46:32 PM »
What’s with the F U Nova chant?

Are we 10?  I mean we’re chanting F U to Nova?  Arguably one of the classiest teams in the nation. They ain’t Cincinnati. 

I don’t care if kids pass out, puke or fall from the 400s.  Drink as much as you want, be loud, be nuts.  But save that crap for teams that deserve it.

You’re not White Sox fans.  At least I hope you’re not.

Lens, you're a snowflake. Get over the bad language, they're college kids at a big weekend game. Be glad they showed up. Also, horrible reference to the White Sox. Minus 10 for all around bad post.

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #76 on: January 31, 2018, 05:50:44 PM »
Nova ain't Philly, it's the 'burbs.

So true.  The wealthy burbs.

MUBBesota

• Walk-On
« Reply #77 on: January 31, 2018, 07:54:23 PM »
Wow I almost never post on here but it's funny hearing all the geezers complain about the "kids these days". Give me a break. I don't care when you graduated I guarantee that you were saying/doing things that the older generation deemed "unclassy" or whatever you guys are complaining about. If you were born after the 1990 you don't give a fuk about swearing. Times change, culture changes, but the older generation always complains and thinks they're superior.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 07:58:23 PM by MUBBesota »

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #78 on: January 31, 2018, 08:19:12 PM »
The eff word is way overused and has lost its cachet...if it ever had any.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #79 on: January 31, 2018, 10:44:32 PM »
With 12 to go, the band was still there!

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #80 on: February 04, 2018, 12:54:14 PM »
Those class act Villanova students are currently (audibly on TV) chanting f--k you and a--hole to angel Delgado. It's almost like the students are acting like 18 year old kids.  ::)

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #81 on: February 04, 2018, 11:56:13 PM »
I’ve been pretty clear, students can do whatever the duck they want.  Just show some intelligence & creativity in their cheers.  I mean after all, all we hear about is their 36 ACTs and how much more competitive of a school MU is now.  Show it. 
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 11:58:23 PM by The Lens »
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #82 on: February 05, 2018, 05:21:33 AM »
Wow I almost never post on here but it's funny hearing all the geezers complain about the "kids these days". Give me a break. I don't care when you graduated I guarantee that you were saying/doing things that the older generation deemed "unclassy" or whatever you guys are complaining about. If you were born after the 1990 you don't give a fuk about swearing. Times change, culture changes, but the older generation always complains and thinks they're superior.

I am a medium old geezer and I agree with your sentiment.  We used to be crass and bad actors as students. 

“I’m an arsehole, I’m an arsehole, I’m An asrehole through and through, but i’d rather be an arsehole than to go to Notre Dame”

That was only one of the cheers we did.  Throwing beer on Digger, etc, etc
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #83 on: February 05, 2018, 06:26:46 AM »
I am a medium old geezer and I agree with your sentiment.  We used to be crass and bad actors as students. 

“I’m an arsehole, I’m an arsehole, I’m An asrehole through and through, but i’d rather be an arsehole than to go to Notre Dame”

That was only one of the cheers we did.  Throwing beer on Digger, etc, etc

I'm an arsehole, I'm an arsehole, I'm an arsehole JUST THE SAME, but I'd rather be an arsehole than to go to NOTRE DAME.

Digger sux but ND (insert plural name of bird species here).
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #84 on: February 05, 2018, 10:07:53 AM »
Same with the "Sucks" chant during introductions. Not only does it lack class, it lacks any creative thought. You know, like comparing poor behavior to all White Sox fans...........
We Are Marquette

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #85 on: February 07, 2018, 07:04:58 AM »
Same with the "Sucks" chant during introductions. Not only does it lack class, it lacks any creative thought. You know, like comparing poor behavior to all White Sox fans...........

That has been going on for at least a decade, cheers like that are part of what makes college atmosphere so fun and rowdy. Now that being said I wish that we'd realize who were playing because in two instances we've had former players comes back as coaches for opposing teams and students still shouted "sucks".
Maigh Eo for Sam