collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Tiger appears to be healthy and ready to compete  (Read 7698 times)

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Tiger appears to be healthy and ready to compete
« on: November 26, 2017, 09:42:33 AM »
A very good research report by Brad Faxon on his round with Tiger Woods , Dustin Johnson and Donald Trump. Looks like Tiger is healthy.

http://golfweek.com/2017/11/25/exclusive-brad-faxons-takeaways-from-a-round-with-tiger-woods-and-donald-trump/
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

🏀

• All American
Re: Tiger appears to be healthy and ready to compete
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 11:40:45 AM »
He was healthy this time last year, but 72 holes at the Hero took a toll. He was gassed by the Farmers.

I would love to see Tiger back, but I doubt it's real.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 06:34:59 PM »
Tiger doing well his first two rounds -7. His swing looks good and he is hitting the ball a long way and shaping shots.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 07:20:40 PM »
There are 18 total players in this thing. Bizarre.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2017, 07:41:57 PM »
All that matters is how his back holds up
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2017, 07:49:49 PM »
There are 18 total players in this thing. Bizarre.

It's a made for TV event. It is not an officially sanctioned PGA Tour tournament.

As for Tiger, the question is how's his back in 3 months? 6 months?

I will say, he's playing much better than he did at Hero last year. Short game is dramatically better.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2017, 08:26:13 PM »
It's a made for TV event. It is not an officially sanctioned PGA Tour tournament.

As for Tiger, the question is how's his back in 3 months? 6 months?

I will say, he's playing much better than he did at Hero last year. Short game is dramatically better.
The one thing they have in common is both Herro's and Tiger's time has passed and, though we wish them well, threads dedicated to them are wasted virtual ink.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2017, 09:25:14 PM »
The one thing they have in common is both Herro's and Tiger's time has passed and, though we wish them well, threads dedicated to them are wasted virtual ink.

If healthy I think Tiger has one last major in him.

wheresthecake?

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2017, 12:17:59 AM »
If healthy I think Tiger has one last major in him.

I agree. His iron play is what separated him from the field most in his career. That doesn't just go away, it'll take some time but if he starts hitting irons anywhere close to the level he was at, watch out.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2017, 04:38:48 PM »
Didn't watch golf because I was watching the Warriors, but I see by the scores that Tiger went +3 today.

Assuming he doesn't win the Masters, it means that when he tees it up for the U.S. Open, it will be 10 full years since he last won a major. That's incredible to think about, almost unfathomable.

Count me among the millions who hopes he's healthy and finds his game again. Golf needs him. Any tournament with him in contention is a sporting event worth watching.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2017, 03:55:51 PM »
Tiger looked great all weekend. The announcers said some of his his shots were similar to his 1999-2001 vintage. I think he is going to do well in 2018 as he is eager to compete against the current crop of young guns.
                       ---Al McGuire

🏀

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2017, 05:16:37 PM »
Big Rick shows up on Sunday!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2017, 07:48:19 AM »
Tiger looked great all weekend. The announcers said some of his his shots were similar to his 1999-2001 vintage. I think he is going to do well in 2018 as he is eager to compete against the current crop of young guns.

There have been many "false starts" regarding Tiger the last few years. There have been many times that announcers have said this exact same thing, only to see injuries and craziness end each comeback before it began. Less than a year ago, Tiger himself was telling the world how great he felt - "pain free for the first time in years!"

So ... in other words ... we'll see.

As I said earlier, I hope it works out for him this time. Golf is more fun to watch when Tiger is in contention on the weekend of a major tournament.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Goose

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2017, 10:38:54 AM »
I have seen the false starts, the smiles and everything in previous comebacks and took the bait each time. In reflecting on this past week, he really did look healthy and happy. His body language appeared to be different this time around. I am very hopeful that he has another mini run in him and I can enjoy every second of watching him. Have to admit, he had me very jacked up over the weekend. Definitely watched more Tiger than Packers yesterday.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2017, 01:01:28 PM »
I have seen the false starts, the smiles and everything in previous comebacks and took the bait each time. In reflecting on this past week, he really did look healthy and happy. His body language appeared to be different this time around. I am very hopeful that he has another mini run in him and I can enjoy every second of watching him. Have to admit, he had me very jacked up over the weekend. Definitely watched more Tiger than Packers yesterday.

Agree, Goose.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2017, 01:03:24 PM »

Agree. Despite there being a number of tremendous players these days, Tiger as the far-and-away No.1 was a sight to behold. Those days are gone, but I hope we can get enough of that back to re-live some of the glory days. All about staying healthy, and I think we get some of that back.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2017, 02:56:22 PM »
There's no doubt that Tiger has been overhyped recently. Perhaps even overhyped in his prime. But, at the same time, underrated.

I say that because I don't think people understand how good he really was in his prime.

Re: https://www.barstoolsports.com/boston/can-tiger-woods-win-against-the-new-generation/

Stats about his per-round average are nuts.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2017, 11:36:25 AM »
There's no doubt that Tiger has been overhyped recently. Perhaps even overhyped in his prime. But, at the same time, underrated.

I say that because I don't think people understand how good he really was in his prime.

Re: https://www.barstoolsports.com/boston/can-tiger-woods-win-against-the-new-generation/

Stats about his per-round average are nuts.

It'll be interesting to see if the backlash to "Tiger" and "DJ" proofing courses gathers momentum and distance stops being such a requirement. Long term I think that helps Tiger IF he can get back to form with his shot making and putting. Might help lengthen his career should he be back to a high percentage of his former self.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Sheriff

• Starter
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2017, 02:14:13 PM »
The current version of Tiger has a simplified swing, on plane with a club face more consistently square at impact.  He struck his irons very well and drove it as far as anyone last weekend.  His short game is still a little yippy but his putting stroke as solid.  That said, spine fusion surgery is usually a last resort for those who need their quality of life restored.  The long term efficacy for someone swinging hard enough to hit the ball 180 mph will be tested.

Sheriff

• Starter
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2018, 12:38:28 PM »
This weekend of golf has been very entertaining.  His short game looks as good as ever.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2018, 02:41:41 PM »
I am glad he seems to be back and healthy.  I have never rooted for him  and don't plan on starting.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2018, 03:26:49 PM »
I am glad he seems to be back and healthy.  I have never rooted for him  and don't plan on starting.

See, I've been the opposite. This is the first round of golf I've watched since his US Open playoff win in 2008.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2018, 03:45:56 PM »
I'm a golf fan first.    Never disputed his artistry.    Never rooted for him. 

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2018, 04:08:34 PM »
See, I've been the opposite. This is the first round of golf I've watched since his US Open playoff win in 2008.

How did you not watch his impressive 2013 season??

Or Ryder/president's cups?

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2018, 04:52:19 PM »
Finished 2nd today, some of the old magic on the 17th hole. I think he is the favorite to win the Masters.
                       ---Al McGuire

feedback