[Today at 11:59:50 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[Today at 11:02:10 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by WeAreMarquette96
[Today at 10:46:31 AM]

MU Alumni playing in European and Foreign Leagues Thread by mileskishnish72
[April 22, 2024, 04:17:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: KenPom: Rowsey 5th best player in the country  (Read 5683 times)

auburnmarquette

• Team Captain
    • Value Add Explaination
KenPom: Rowsey 5th best player in the country
« on: November 11, 2017, 12:31:28 PM »
With www.kenpom.com now updating stats after every game, he now has Andrew Rowsey ranked as the 5th best player in America. Almost half the players have yet to play of course, and it's only one game, but based on one game he is a 1st team all-american. Reminds me of when my daughter's school and Al McGuire's former school Belmont Abbey got a stop on UNC in a season opener a few years back and then scored at the other end to actually take a 2-0 lead - a moment the scoreboard was captured by all Belmont Abbey fans in attendance I'm sure. Great job on a first game Rowsey! Also, "almost Marquette" Ben Lammers is also in the top 10 so we could have had an early season All-American duo!

Player   kPOY Rating
1     Tony Carr, Penn St.
6-5 · 204 · So · Philadelphia, PA   1.721

2     Zach Thomas, Bucknell
6-7 · 228 · Sr · Ijamsville, MD   1.674

3     Allonzo Trier, Arizona
6-5 · 205 · Jr · Seattle, WA   1.630

4     Jordan Murphy, Minnesota
6-6 · 250 · Jr · San Antonio, TX   1.588

5     Andrew Rowsey, Marquette
5-11 · 180 · Sr · Lexington, VA   1.480

6     Hamidou Diallo, Kentucky
6-5 · 198 · Fr · Queens, NY   1.411

7     Ben Lammers, Georgia Tech
6-10 · 234 · Sr · San Antonio, TX   1.402
https://247sports.com/Article/Lammers-down-to-three-150521

8     Reid Travis, Stanford
6-8 · 245 · Jr · Minneapolis, MN   1.321

9     Dusan Ristic, Arizona
7-0 · 245 · Sr · Novi Sad, Serbia   1.292

10     Luke Maye, North Carolina
6-8 · 240 · Jr · Huntersville, NC   1.289
http://www.pudnersports.com/ for my blogs or articles and www.valueaddbasketball.com for for current and historic rankings.

jsglow

• All American
Re: KenPom: Rowsey 5th best player in the country
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 02:09:50 PM »
Here's what I know auburn.  No Penn St. hoops player will ever be NPOY.

auburnmarquette

• Team Captain
    • Value Add Explaination
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 02:55:30 PM »
Here's what I know auburn.  No Penn St. hoops player will ever be NPOY.

Hah, YES agreed. Remember their basketball program was so bad that the Big East wouldn't accept them years ago even though they would have cemented the Big East as a true football conference. I am glad they did not.

I took a peak at the best Penn State players in the history according to Value Add, and Talor Battle ranked as the 31st best player in 2011. He did break the all-time career Big Ten scoring record that year, so that may be the high water mark for a Penn State player.

http://valueaddbasketball.com/ballall.html
http://www.pudnersports.com/ for my blogs or articles and www.valueaddbasketball.com for for current and historic rankings.

auburnmarquette

• Team Captain
    • Value Add Explaination
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 10:02:38 PM »
Well, glad I changed my name a few years back from bamamarquette fan to auburnmarquette to avoid confusion. Nice to see my basketball team beat #1 Villanova last season and now my home town football team kill #1 Georgia - and from down here I don't mind helping Wisconsin into the football playoffs. (When you are out of state you can support the alma mater state I think, though I know most of you disagree!)

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2017, 09:24:49 AM »
Rowsey averaged about 19 points a game his first two seasons. I think he would of averaged close to last year, if he had played the same amount of minutes per game he averaged his first two seasons. I expect big numbers from him this year.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2017, 09:46:38 AM »
Proves how silly KenPom is. Rowsey is no worse than the 3rd best player in the country!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2017, 10:54:30 AM »
Well, glad I changed my name a few years back from bamamarquette fan to auburnmarquette to avoid confusion. Nice to see my basketball team beat #1 Villanova last season and now my home town football team kill #1 Georgia - and from down here I don't mind helping Wisconsin into the football playoffs. (When you are out of state you can support the alma mater state I think, though I know most of you disagree!)

Not to go all football on you but I get enough from my BILs about how the SEC should really have all 4 playoff slots assigned to them prior to the start of the season.  And ESPN plays right along.  Mark it down, Bucky runs the table they're dancin'.  Lock.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2017, 12:26:29 PM »
In the past, Pomeroy hasn't put out his top-10 until the second half of the season. I think it's better that way, because then guys have had some time to establish themselves. One good game does not an All-American make.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

B. McBannerson

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2017, 12:28:23 PM »
Not to go all football on you but I get enough from my BILs about how the SEC should really have all 4 playoff slots assigned to them prior to the start of the season.  And ESPN plays right along.  Mark it down, Bucky runs the table they're dancin'.  Lock.

There is a committee involved, thankfully.

According to one of the voting members, Bucky has the worst schedule of all 25 currently ranked teams, including behind Central Florida.  I'd love to see a 2 loss team that played a real schedule snub a Wisconsin who plays nobody.

B. McBannerson

• Team Captain
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2017, 12:29:49 PM »
Ken Pom

We are 52nd.  Va Tech 53rd. 

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2017, 02:06:18 PM »
miami smokin the domers really hurt bucky's chances
don't...don't don't don't don't

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2017, 02:41:11 PM »
miami smokin the domers really hurt bucky's chances

The opposite. It puts ND behind Wisconsin and sets up a situation where one team in front of them is guaranteed to lose in the ACCCG.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2017, 03:43:05 PM »
The opposite. It puts ND behind Wisconsin and sets up a situation where one team in front of them is guaranteed to lose in the ACCCG.

Agreed. Wisconsin could still get left out if undefeated I think, but today helped. Only way I see them left out is if Georgia wins out including vs. Bama in the SEC title game, and Miami goes undefeated. Then it'd be Miami, Bama, Georgia, Oklahoma, in my opinion.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2017, 04:09:03 PM »
Agreed. Wisconsin could still get left out if undefeated I think, but today helped. Only way I see them left out is if Georgia wins out including vs. Bama in the SEC title game, and Miami goes undefeated. Then it'd be Miami, Bama, Georgia, Oklahoma, in my opinion.

Agreed.  Assuming of course that Oklahoma doesn't get tripped up.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2017, 06:58:34 PM »

Agreed.  Assuming of course that Oklahoma doesn't get tripped up.

And Bama gets by Auburn, which isn't a given.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2017, 07:43:37 PM »

i was thinking because miami kicked a #3 by A LOT even though it was on their home field would just leap frog wisky due to strength of schedule
don't...don't don't don't don't

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2017, 07:47:41 PM »
i was thinking because miami kicked a #3 by A LOT even though it was on their home field would just leap frog wisky due to strength of schedule

Right.  But either Miami or Clemson is going to lose the ACC Championship Game.  If UW wins out, they will likely jump that losing team.

Had Notre Dame won, and Clemson beat Miami in the Championship Game, both ND and Clemson are ahead of UW.

auburnmarquette

• Team Captain
    • Value Add Explaination
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2017, 12:14:37 AM »
Agreed - living in sec land I agree we hear ridiculous things like, "vandy would win the big ten!" Overall during the past decade the sec has been the best conference, even dominant a fee of the years. But last year when a mediocre Auburn team went to the sugar bowl as the conferences no 2 team was an example of one of the years the sec was not on top. I'd live the Badgers to make it. If #6 Auburn beats #1 bama then I assume it is cut and dried sec champ will give sec one if the four. The question might be how the committee would do if uga beats #1 bama innthe sec title game and if that might result in 2 sec teams depending on other results. Glad we get to actually play it all out in March madness.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2017, 03:01:52 PM »
We let a lot of sh*t go around here.  But come on guys, knock off the Badger football talk, or else we'll ban you!  Can't believe it went this far.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2017, 03:22:20 PM »
With www.kenpom.com now updating stats after every game, he now has Andrew Rowsey ranked as the 5th best player in America. Almost half the players have yet to play of course, and it's only one game, but based on one game he is a 1st team all-american.

The same could be said for thousands of players.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2017, 03:26:28 PM »

Bama has had a weak schedule. They are nowhere near a guarantee to beat Auburn. And there is a 0% chance the committee would take two 2 loss teams over an undefeated Power 5 conference winner.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2017, 03:54:32 PM »
Bama has had a weak schedule. They are nowhere near a guarantee to beat Auburn. And there is a 0% chance the committee would take two 2 loss teams over an undefeated Power 5 conference winner.

I didn't say anything about a two loss team. All those teams would have 0 or 1 loss.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2017, 04:19:36 PM »
I didn't say anything about a two loss team. All those teams would have 0 or 1 loss.

Right - unless Bama loses to Auburn. Then either Bama or UG would have 2 losses.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2017, 05:25:54 PM »
We let a lot of sh*t go around here.  But come on guys, knock off the Badger football talk, or else we'll ban you!  Can't believe it went this far.

Thanks
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
Goal is National Championship

auburnmarquette

• Team Captain
    • Value Add Explaination
Re: KenPom: Rowsey 5th best player in the country - STILL
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2017, 11:54:02 PM »
So through tonight, the player I projected as the No. 1 player in the country at http://www.valueaddbasketball.com/, Bonzie Coulson, is now ranked No. 1 by kenpom. But more important - Rowsey remains the 5th best player after 2 games.

Player   kPOY Rating
    Bonzie Colson, Notre Dame
6-6 · 224 · Sr · New Bedford, MA   1.848

Jordan Murphy, Minnesota
6-6 · 250 · Jr · San Antonio, TX   1.708

Egor Koulechov, Florida
6-5 · 205 · Sr · Volgograd, Russia   1.639

Allonzo Trier, Arizona
6-5 · 205 · Jr · Seattle, WA   1.623

Andrew Rowsey, Marquette
5-11 · 180 · Sr · Lexington, VA   1.410

Tony Carr, Penn St.
6-5 · 204 · So · Philadelphia, PA   1.396

Ben Lammers, Georgia Tech
6-10 · 234 · Sr · San Antonio, TX   1.396

Zach Thomas, Bucknell
6-7 · 228 · Sr · Ijamsville, MD   1.389

Shaquille Morris, Wichita St.
6-8 · 279 · Sr · Edmond, OK   1.288

Luke Maye, North Carolina
6-8 · 240 · Jr · Huntersville, NC   1.284

feedback