[April 23, 2024, 09:42:02 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 23, 2024, 09:23:41 PM]

Best case scenarios by Frenns Liquor Depot
[April 23, 2024, 03:55:21 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 23, 2024, 11:02:10 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Heldt>Fisher  (Read 24158 times)

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
Re: Heldt>Fisher
« Reply #75 on: November 13, 2017, 06:38:23 PM »
I'd much rather have an athletic shot blocking and rebounding big. That would be a better fit for this team.

Yep rebound n play defense at the 5 if u cant do that you hurt the team. 
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #76 on: November 14, 2017, 09:32:48 PM »
Good call dude!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

tower912

• All American
« Reply #77 on: November 14, 2017, 09:37:07 PM »
ROFL
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #78 on: November 14, 2017, 10:33:04 PM »
silly

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #79 on: November 14, 2017, 10:41:21 PM »
Yep rebound n play defense at the 5 if u cant do that you hurt the team.

I hope you can kindly stfu about this topic moving forward.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #80 on: November 14, 2017, 10:57:53 PM »
I hope you can kindly stfu about this topic moving forward.
He won’t
Goal is National Championship

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #81 on: November 14, 2017, 10:59:01 PM »
I am certain Luke would have done worse and woul have fouled out even sooner.  Wojo chosen to defend him straight up.  They doubled in the second n purdue hit their 3s.  Pretty simple.  To say Heldts struugles tonight against a senior that gors 7'2 and 300 lbs vindicates Fischer?, never saw fischer play delgado or any good 5
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #82 on: November 14, 2017, 11:01:38 PM »
I am certain Luke would have done worse and woul have fouled out even sooner.  Wojo chosen to defend him straight up.  They doubled in the second n purdue hit their 3s.  Pretty simple.  To say Heldts struugles tonight against a senior that gors 7'2 and 300 lbs vindicates Fischer?, never saw fischer play delgado or any good 5
Told you Vander
Goal is National Championship

MU82

• All American
« Reply #83 on: November 14, 2017, 11:05:41 PM »

Is it impossible to think that maybe at least Fischer would have been enough of an offensive threat to have drawn some fouls on the Purdue big men, just as he did Creighton's big man?

Defensively, could Luke have possibly done any worse than Matt did? Purdue's big men scored whenever they wanted to.

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #84 on: November 14, 2017, 11:14:26 PM »

Matt has a long way to go. Hope Froling can add quality minutes when he can play.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #85 on: November 15, 2017, 07:30:00 AM »
Is it impossible to think that maybe at least Fischer would have been enough of an offensive threat to have drawn some fouls on the Purdue big men, just as he did Creighton's big man?

Defensively, could Luke have possibly done any worse than Matt did? Purdue's big men scored whenever they wanted to.

I tend to think this is a silly topic, too.  But indeed, Luke could have and most likely would have done worse. 

A point not mentioned above is that part of the reason we were able shoot so well from 3 last year was because of the threat Luke provided underneath, providing some room for our shooters.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #86 on: November 15, 2017, 07:37:46 AM »
I tend to think this is a silly topic, too.  But indeed, Luke could have and most likely would have done worse. 

A point not mentioned above is that part of the reason we were able shoot so well from 3 last year was because of the threat Luke provided underneath, providing some room for our shooters.

You mean like Purdue last night, throwing the ball into the a reliable post threat.   When MU did not double, Haas scored.   When MU doubled, everybody else scored.      Are you saying that tossing the ball into a post player who can score creates space for shooters?   Fake news!     And clearly, Heldt and Theo are more of a threat in the post than Luke ever was!   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

i71_dawg

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #87 on: November 15, 2017, 09:00:29 AM »
Heldt's stat line:

16 minutes
0 points
1 rebound
2 assists
5 fouls

Hard to imagine how someone could play much worse than that...maybe no rebounds and no assists, and foul out even more quickly??

MUBB fan for nearly 30 years

Goose

• All American
« Reply #88 on: November 15, 2017, 09:06:16 AM »
The loss of Luke is a major loss, IMO. He was a legit inside player and a decent to very decent D1 center. The loss of him and other three guys has left a major hole. Not saying the sky is falling, just Wojo and the staff have their work cut out for them this season. I believe this team will not match last years "success" unless Froling is the real deal. If he is not, I expect a losing record.

DCHoopster

• Team Captain
« Reply #89 on: November 15, 2017, 09:11:46 AM »
The loss of Luke is a major loss, IMO. He was a legit inside player and a decent to very decent D1 center. The loss of him and other three guys has left a major hole. Not saying the sky is falling, just Wojo and the staff have their work cut out for them this season. I believe this team will not match last years "success" unless Froling is the real deal. If he is not, I expect a losing record.

Goose, Matt and Theo will not see 2 centers this tall this year, I know Matt was overmatched, I do not think that will be the case in most games.  Neither will be able
to guard Happ at Wisconsin, but in the Big East besides Delgado they will be OK.  No team has this size, Haas is really good.  More concerned with Sacar and Cheatham,
they need a lot of work.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #90 on: November 15, 2017, 09:26:15 AM »
DC

Heldt or Froling are the least of the problems. I agree on HC and Sacar and lack of a true PG. There is plenty of work to be done at The Al on a lot of fronts. I only posted in this thread because of the lack of ball knowledge even starting this thread. I stated last year that Luke would be missed along with the other three guys. Oh well, at least I have Packers to cheer for:)

DCHoopster

• Team Captain
« Reply #91 on: November 15, 2017, 09:33:12 AM »
DC

Heldt or Froling are the least of the problems. I agree on HC and Sacar and lack of a true PG. There is plenty of work to be done at The Al on a lot of fronts. I only posted in this thread because of the lack of ball knowledge even starting this thread. I stated last year that Luke would be missed along with the other three guys. Oh well, at least I have Packers to cheer for:)

Lets see how Wojo coaches this group up.  Freshman class is weaker then we thought.  Lets see what he does with them and if Froling can add some outside shooting
to this group.  Offense got very stagnet in the second half, it became a Rowsey shoot around, that has got to stop.  Coaching

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #92 on: November 15, 2017, 10:48:28 AM »

Did Luke bang your mom, wife, sister, and/or girlfriend? 

At least Luke would have posed an offensive threat. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #93 on: November 15, 2017, 10:53:31 AM »
I am embarrassed that I posted a few times in this troll-bait thread.

The entire premise is preposterous.

I'm done.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

auburnmarquette

• Team Captain
    • Value Add Explaination
« Reply #94 on: November 15, 2017, 11:28:57 PM »

Goose is absolutely correct - no way Heldt is as good as Fischer now though of course I hope he and all current players continue to improve. Fischer was constantly deciding whether to take the foul or back off because Reinhardt - and I will still live him for the Nova win - was the worst defender we've very had. He would overplay guys all the way to the sideline to allow easy cuts to the basket leaving Fischer 2 on 1.

Look at how much better Hauser was AS A DEFENSIVE CENTER than Heldt last night. Fischer was one of the best shooting centers in the country so we were getting very good offense on one end until his shoulder was hurt for the final stretch last year - and at least the option of matching height on defense.

So far Fischer - but rooting for Heldt and Froling - but if Theo can avoid those silly freshman fouls he can be the physical wild card.
http://www.pudnersports.com/ for my blogs or articles and www.valueaddbasketball.com for for current and historic rankings.

auburnmarquette

• Team Captain
    • Value Add Explaination
« Reply #95 on: November 15, 2017, 11:33:21 PM »
Lets see how Wojo coaches this group up.  Freshman class is weaker then we thought.  Lets see what he does with them and if Froling can add some outside shooting
to this group.  Offense got very stagnet in the second half, it became a Rowsey shoot around, that has got to stop.  Coaching

I don't believe we are an NCAA or even an nit team, as I've said in my predictions all off season. Too young, but a year away.

That being said, I enjoyed the Rowsey-Howard shoot around so much I think that might be worth it if we aren't going to make the tournament anyway
http://www.pudnersports.com/ for my blogs or articles and www.valueaddbasketball.com for for current and historic rankings.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #96 on: November 16, 2017, 07:33:27 AM »
Reinhardt was the 2nd best defender we had last season behind Sammy. Not saying much on last year's team but i don't think he was the worst defender we ever had
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

#TheThing

• Walk-On
« Reply #97 on: November 17, 2017, 01:49:42 PM »

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #98 on: November 17, 2017, 04:21:21 PM »
Reinhardt was the 2nd best defender we had last season behind Sammy. Not saying much on last year's team but i don't think he was the worst defender we ever had

Duane and JJJ were better defenders than Katie.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #99 on: November 17, 2017, 04:22:51 PM »
Lenny

Duane was better pure defender and JJJ cheated extremely well. But both were better, IMO.