[Today at 06:51:42 AM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[April 24, 2024, 09:57:20 PM]

Best case scenarios by We R Final Four
[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[April 24, 2024, 04:09:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Herro go again  (Read 49481 times)

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
Re: Herro go again
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2017, 07:33:27 AM »
Word has it that my friend Cheesy will have something to say about this tomorrow.  We can only hope!  There were a lot of people on this board all over him when discussing the chance Herro could possibly do this and maybe open up a path back to MU.  It is now a possibility and we can only hope it comes to fruition.  This guy may be a prep genius at predicting these things and deserves our utmost respect going forward.
Giving yourself a reach around: impressive.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2017, 08:09:29 AM »
Try this:

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/buckyville/so-much-for-herro-t93603.html

This one is good:
6.  Never been more convinced Greg Gard is Bo Ryan minus the slutty masseuse.

many there seem to think this was all about Carolina skating and now he's going to Chapel Hill

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2017, 08:32:11 AM »
Word has it that my friend Cheesy will have something to say about this tomorrow.  We can only hope!  There were a lot of people on this board all over him when discussing the chance Herro could possibly do this and maybe open up a path back to MU.  It is now a possibility and we can only hope it comes to fruition.  This guy may be a prep genius at predicting these things and deserves our utmost respect going forward.

We'll wait patiently to find Cheesy's login credentials and report back.

onepost

• All American
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2017, 09:01:09 AM »
From buckyville:

"But what pisses me off more than anything is that's its becoming crystal clear the Roy Williams thinks he can come into this state any time he wants and flash the old UNC logo and sign our best players. Koenig was able to resist it but not Tokoto or or probably Herro in this instance. And why? It's not like there are hundreds of players out there from around the country in UNC more traditional recruiting areas. What does he think he takes advantage of recruiting against UW? In the past it was obvious by my Lord didn't we beat them the last time we clashed in the tournament?  On a team with Tokoto on it? Reminds me of a Bible parable "There was once a poor man who had a single lamb. The lamb wasn't just livestock to the poor man. He let the lamb drink from his cup and eat from his. It was a member of his family. There was a rich in the same town who was having a feast for a friend of his. Rather than take one his own lambs to butcher for the feast, he simply took the poor man's only lamb." Sheesh! It's like he does this to rub our noses in it."

It's just so beautiful over there.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2017, 09:19:04 AM »
That is priceless.

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2017, 09:24:15 AM »
It's going to be very entertaining beating Bucky in the coming years with the strength of our program once again trending upwards.  They have no commitments in the Class of 2018 now.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2017, 09:36:22 AM »
It's going to be very entertaining beating Bucky in the coming years with the strength of our program once again trending upwards.  They have no commitments in the Class of 2018 now.

They just got a commitment last week from Joe Hedstrom, an unranked center out of MN who was offered by Utah, Boise State, South Dakota, North Dakota, North Dakota State, Cleveland State, Columbia, Denver, and Loyola Marymount.  Impressive.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2017, 09:39:12 AM »
What is pretty funny is that a lot of people here think that we would be gracious if this happened to us.

In our midst, there would certainly be a lot of childish responses.

Sure, I'm going to revel in their loss, but maaaaaaaaaaybe understand that a lot of our fan base would respond like the Badger fans have.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2017, 09:48:37 AM »
They just got a commitment last week from Joe Hedstrom, an unranked center out of MN who was offered by Utah, Boise State, South Dakota, North Dakota, North Dakota State, Cleveland State, Columbia, Denver, and Loyola Marymount.  Impressive.

They also convinced him to walk on his first year. I will never get how Bucky gets so many guys who could get full rides at smaller schools to walk on for a year or more.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2017, 09:52:01 AM »
What is pretty funny is that a lot of people here think that we would be gracious if this happened to us.

In our midst, there would certainly be a lot of childish responses.

Sure, I'm going to revel in their loss, but maaaaaaaaaaybe understand that a lot of our fan base would respond like the Badger fans have.

I don't know. When we've had players transfer or decommit in the past I know there are a lot of "we'll be better without him" type posts, but I don't remember anyone attacking their character or saying they were too dumb to go to Marquette.
TAMU

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2017, 09:56:21 AM »
They also convinced him to walk on his first year. I will never get how Bucky gets so many guys who could get full rides at smaller schools to walk on for a year or more.

Ahh, didn't realize he was walking on.  Very selfless of Hedstrom to pay his tuition for a year while Joey Hauser and Tyler Herro get their 2 available scholarships for the class of 2018...
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 09:58:11 AM by QuentinsWorld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2017, 09:58:40 AM »
Ahh, didn't realize he was walking on.

It's a "four for five" deal. Walks on his first year (and likely redshirts) and has been promised a scholarship starting in his second year. He might just get the scholarship outright now that Herro is gone.
TAMU

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2017, 10:10:17 AM »
I don't know. When we've had players transfer or decommit in the past I know there are a lot of "we'll be better without him" type posts, but I don't remember anyone attacking their character or saying they were too dumb to go to Marquette.

I remember running over to Cudahy Hall in 1997 and logging on to a VAX machine and torching LeDaryl when he de-committed.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #63 on: October 18, 2017, 10:58:59 AM »
It's probably a good thing the MU-WI game is in Madison this year, otherwise I'd be emailing the Pep Band the sheet music for a certain Foo Fighters song...
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #64 on: October 18, 2017, 11:13:52 AM »

Sounds like dey gotta nother Kaminsky headin’ up der, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

UNC Eagle

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #65 on: October 18, 2017, 11:14:53 AM »
UNC looks at a lot of guys , but they put out few real offers.  Lots of recruits use their interest to leverage a real offer from some one else. That might be the case with Herro. Either way I don’t see Herro as a guy fitting into the MU program. The common trait of all the Wojo recruits is they are all team oriented players.
UNC Grad MU Fan

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #66 on: October 18, 2017, 11:17:06 AM »

Dont worry, once they lost Hauser they had a whole thread listing why Marquette sucks and their superiority. Head to head record recently was conveniently left off.  They are doubling down now.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #67 on: October 18, 2017, 11:22:00 AM »

One difference between the UW and MU fanbases is that we don't labor under the misconception that one must be a rocket scientist to play basketball here.

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #68 on: October 18, 2017, 11:40:07 AM »
If we lose out on Grimes, we would absolutely take Herro if he walked through our door.

Seriously, don't be stupid.

You might, but Wojo wouldn't.  That ran it's course long ago.
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #69 on: October 18, 2017, 11:44:36 AM »
You might, but Wojo wouldn't.  That ran it's course long ago.

I wouldn't be so sure.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #70 on: October 18, 2017, 11:45:18 AM »
Many of us called the decommit in July. His dad was talking about it in gyms all summer. Dad never liked the WI commit; always thought is was stupid and way too early. But I knew the "Herro wasn't an academic fit" excuses would start up. They aren't completely wrong, but they let in far less academically accomplished players. The facts are that he did have a low initial ACT, but he increased it significantly and was completely on track. Underbelly stuff that Bucky will never acknowledge is that a few of their recent stars not named Kaminsky told Herro UW wasn't the place for two-and-done NBA players to thrive, ie. coming here will not help your NBA dreams. These guys will deny this all day long because of the PR, but these guys think WI stunted their development. The Trevor Anderson transfer did not help. The missing on Joey did not help. Missing on Laszewski did not help. Herro's friendship with Tokoto did not help. And if the Bucky community is honest with themselves, Herro is just not a WI system guy. He's a pull-up from 24 with 29 seconds left on the shot clock just because he's feeling it, kind of guy. He's also not particularly interested in playing lock down D. Just not a Bucky guy. My phone was blazing last night, but this certainly put a smile on my face. My guess is Kentucky, but that is all it is.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #71 on: October 18, 2017, 11:50:09 AM »
I watched him this summer a couple times. He reminded me of a really good tight end who also plays basketball. Athletic, runs floor well and puts in maximum effort. Would seem like the perfect UW system guy to develop.

The Process

• All American
« Reply #72 on: October 18, 2017, 11:56:07 AM »
Bucky fan tears are just so delicious.
Relax. Respect the Process.

TinyTimsLittleBrother

• Starter
« Reply #73 on: October 18, 2017, 12:01:19 PM »

And will likely be a pain in our ass for three years after a redshirt year and a freshman year where he looks lost. It’s the Badger way.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #74 on: October 18, 2017, 12:11:06 PM »
My guess is Kentucky, but that is all it is.

My guess is UNC and it dropped now because it looks like UNC cleared any NCAA threats. I think Kentucky is likely option 1B.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

feedback