[Today at 08:41:54 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

2024-25 Outlook by WellsstreetWanderer
[April 25, 2024, 10:03:37 PM]

Campus camp-out with cool flags? by FreewaysBurnerAccount
[April 25, 2024, 04:52:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Raiders - Chargers playing in a cloud of smoke?  (Read 1951 times)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Raiders - Chargers playing in a cloud of smoke?
« on: October 13, 2017, 08:17:28 PM »
Some had to wear smoke masks at the Raiders practice yesterday, the fires are still spreading and it's supposed to be dry and windy tomorrow...but the NFL still plans to keep the game Sunday in Oakland.

Choking smoke has drifted over the San Francisco Bay Area, where some -- including the Raiders during Thursday's practice -- have resorted to wearing masks to filter the fumes.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21012763/nfl-decides-keep-game-oakland-monitor-air-quality-wildfires

On the bright side, nobody will be able to see if some players kneel during the anthem...

Edit: Intended to post in Superbar - mods, please move before the inevitable snarky comment....

« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 08:20:07 PM by GooooMarquette »

tower912

• All American
Re: Raiders - Chargers playing in a cloud of smoke?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 06:51:59 AM »
Check and Chong on the sidelines?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 12:57:34 PM »
I've been in the Bay Area since Wednesday.  It's been rough.

Got to Napa yesterday, it was like driving through a Mad Max wasteland and the town is empty.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 02:53:08 PM »
incredible drone footage of the destruction within one neighborhood.  note the contrast of ashes and untouched homes.  one guy said he ignored the evacuate warnings and hosed the hell out of his house and saved it!!  i read where one couple survived by staying in their pool for 6 hours-didn't hear how the rest of their house did, but at least they are alive

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Drone-footage-reveals-utter-devastation-to-Santa-12278094.php
don't...don't don't don't don't

B. McBannerson

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2017, 03:34:03 PM »
incredible drone footage of the destruction within one neighborhood.  note the contrast of ashes and untouched homes.  one guy said he ignored the evacuate warnings and hosed the hell out of his house and saved it!!  i read where one couple survived by staying in their pool for 6 hours-didn't hear how the rest of their house did, but at least they are alive

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Drone-footage-reveals-utter-devastation-to-Santa-12278094.php

Friend of mine from North Carolina had his farm house burned down a few years ago.  He's a producer in LA, he and his wife bought a second home in Santa Rosa two months ago.  It burned down this past week.  Feel terrible for the man. What are the chances?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2017, 03:49:16 PM »
By heisies standards, since they were able to play football, it must not be that bad.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2017, 03:59:47 PM »
Friend of mine from North Carolina had his farm house burned down a few years ago.  He's a producer in LA, he and his wife bought a second home in Santa Rosa two months ago.  It burned down this past week.  Feel terrible for the man. What are the chances?

I would say the chances are surprisingly high.  I have a friend who lost his current home in the fire, and their new home they were almost finished building.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2017, 07:39:06 PM »
have they figured out what started all of this?  there has got to be a way to fight these things with a little more efficiency-i understand they are very unpredictable due to winds, air temps, etc.  they should get multiple multiple tanker planes just dumping water.  sounds easier than it can logistically be done? 
don't...don't don't don't don't

B. McBannerson

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2017, 07:42:06 PM »
I would say the chances are surprisingly high.  I have a friend who lost his current home in the fire, and their new home they were almost finished building.

I would think losing two homes in two different stays 1000's of miles apart, both by fire makes the chances very remote.  But who knows.

TinyTimsLittleBrother

• Starter
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2017, 07:43:05 PM »
have they figured out what started all of this?  there has got to be a way to fight these things with a little more efficiency-i understand they are very unpredictable due to winds, air temps, etc.  they should get multiple multiple tanker planes just dumping water.  sounds easier than it can logistically be done? 

Between the topography, dryness and wind, it is extremely difficult to fight these fires more effectively than they are already doing.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2017, 08:00:31 PM »

Go out and offer your insights to the powers that be and the guys doing the work.   I am sure they will appreciate it. 

🏀

• All American
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2017, 09:09:37 PM »

Transformers blown and downed power lines from the high winds.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2017, 10:45:22 AM »
Transformers blown and downed power lines from the high winds.

unnatural carnal knowledge Ben Franklin

🏀

• All American
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2017, 12:59:10 PM »
unnatural carnal knowledge Ben Franklin

Every time it's BF.