[Today at 09:07:16 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Spotcheck Billy
[Today at 07:22:54 AM]

Dallas bars tonite by Marquette Gyros
[Today at 06:59:41 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Jay Bee
[Today at 06:42:08 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Madness Thread  (Read 22742 times)

jsglow

• All American
Re: Madness Thread
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2017, 08:36:58 AM »
What I was impressed with is our size. All the new big men are solid, well built guys. Strength for the tough Big East schedule.And fouls to give as necessary.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2017, 08:39:24 AM »
First,  it was a nice gesture.  Second,  you have zero idea what else they may be doing for the university because Madness isn't the place to discuss business.  Third, this is supposed to be a fun thread about a fun event. Fourth, the lady that started this already asked everyone to take that crap elsewhere. Honestly,  don't some folks have better things to do than hate? Guess that's asking to much.

When did chick and you decide to become Scoop's collective parents?  Why should "the lady that (sic) started this" determine how I respond?

Sorry but I think it is an another embarrassing chapter in a ridiculous relationship. 

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2017, 08:43:39 AM »

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2017, 08:45:58 AM »

When did chick and you decide to become Scoop's collective parents?  Why should "the lady that (sic) started this" determine how I respond?

Sorry but I think it is an another embarrassing chapter in a ridiculous relationship.

Asking to keep a thread on topic and respectful is not being Scoop's parent.
Have some patience, FFS.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2017, 08:47:35 AM »
Asking to keep a thread on topic and respectful is not being Scoop's parent.

My comments were not off topic.  I was responding to something that you mentioned. 

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2017, 08:50:08 AM »

It is embarrassing how my home state has fallen over themselves for this company,  Given away the farm, and waived a bunch of environmental regulations for a company with a known history of falling short of their promises.

And we bring them to Madness, give them a jersey, and they give us a TV?  How embarrassing.  We have much more valuable corporate partners than Foxconn.  Ones who have been more generous as well.

So yes...I am ungrateful.

Completely uncalled for

First,  it was a nice gesture.  Second,  you have zero idea what else they may be doing for the university because Madness isn't the place to discuss business.  Third, this is supposed to be a fun thread about a fun event. Fourth, the lady that started this already asked everyone to take that crap elsewhere. Honestly,  don't some folks have better things to do than hate? Guess that's asking to much.

Exactly right.  At a fun event on a Friday evening they gave the school a free sample of their product. What’s wrong with that?

They’re engaged with the school and this is not the last thing they’re going to do for it.

Quit thinking Small.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2017, 08:53:06 AM »
Sultan,  we don't have a relationship with you and never will. Good day sir.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2017, 09:04:13 AM »
Sultan,  we don't have a relationship with you and never will. Good day sir.

Awwww....

Here, I will make it up to you.

FOXCONN DONATED A TV!!!  AN ENTIRE SET!!!!  WHAT A GESTURE!!!!

PBRme

• All American
« Reply #58 on: October 07, 2017, 09:05:42 AM »

When did chick and you decide to become Scoop's collective parents? Why should "the lady that (sic) started this" determine how I respond?

Stepping on your toes.  I realize you think this is your responsibility.  Really this post just drips irony
Peace, Love, and Rye Whiskey...May your life and your glass always be full

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2017, 09:08:16 AM »
Stepping on your toes.  I realize you think this is your responsibility.  Really this post just drips irony

Ah well...

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2017, 09:12:06 AM »
If he redshirts, it should be next year.

...or he could be the odd man out if we sign Grimes.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2017, 09:13:05 AM »
Wow.  I am amazed that Foxconn, a company work in excess of $100B, who is getting billions in tax credits from the State of Wisconsin, can afford to donate a TV with a retail value of $1,500 or so.

How generous.

far less actually.  they get that at cost.  something more like $200.

Its a joke of a gift.  If they wanted to do something 'nice' they'd have upped it to a 100" and donated 5... or better yet, donate something to the community around Marquette since the last thing a bunch of rich kids need is a 75" TV.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2017, 09:13:33 AM »
Cannot believe this thread is on page 3 and I have to post this (meaning no one else beat me too it).

Video of wojos near disaster
https://mobile.twitter.com/MUWireSports/status/916490196551716870/video/1

The closest call was to Golden Eagles coach Steve Wojciechowski during the team introduction segment of "Marquette Madness" at the Al McGuire Center.

Wojciechowski fired up the crowd by coming out on a four-wheel, all-terrain vehicle. As he rounded his final corner of the court, the coach nearly lost control of the vehicle and then executed a dramatic, tumbling dismount. If it was staged by Wojciechowski, the coach sold it pretty well.

The “normal”muscoop would have given this pages and pages of Zuberter film analysis.  WHAT IS WRONG HERE!!!

Just a bunch of angry old men whining about TVs.  Get off my lawn!!!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 09:15:37 AM by 1.21 Jigawatts »

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #63 on: October 07, 2017, 09:18:56 AM »
Cannot believe this thread is on page 3 and I have to post this (meaning no one else beat me too it).

Video of wojos near disaster
https://mobile.twitter.com/MUWireSports/status/916490196551716870/video/1

The closest call was to Golden Eagles coach Steve Wojciechowski during the team introduction segment of "Marquette Madness" at the Al McGuire Center.

Wojciechowski fired up the crowd by coming out on a four-wheel, all-terrain vehicle. As he rounded his final corner of the court, the coach nearly lost control of the vehicle and then executed a dramatic, tumbling dismount. If it was staged by Wojciechowski, the coach sold it pretty well.

The “normal”muscoop would have given this pages and pages of Zuberter film analysis.  WHAT IS WRONG HERE!!!

Other than posts 15, 16 and 52, yeah.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #64 on: October 07, 2017, 09:26:14 AM »
Other than posts 15, 16 and 52, yeah.

Puhlease, we have two sentences not really detailing what happened to Wojo buried in between the stupidest argument ever on scoop about a TV.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2017, 09:31:36 AM »
I was also impressed with Elliot.  Really athletic. Wojo has something to work with.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #66 on: October 07, 2017, 09:39:05 AM »
$70 billion company makes public connection with local university after announcing the site location for plant that needs employees.

Let's get worked up about it.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #67 on: October 07, 2017, 09:43:32 AM »
Puhlease, we have two sentences not really detailing what happened to Wojo buried in between the stupidest argument ever on scoop about a TV.

Heise, it was all planned as part of the show...

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #68 on: October 07, 2017, 10:14:08 AM »
Yep. Its the offseason.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #69 on: October 07, 2017, 10:22:58 AM »
Maybe I missed this but why is Rowsey on suspension?
Maigh Eo for Sam

GloccaMorra

• Walk-On
« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2017, 10:59:10 AM »

Agreed on stupidest thread.  If you are arguing about this you must be ONE PATHETIC LOSER

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2017, 11:30:36 AM »
Agreed on stupidest thread.  If you are arguing about this you must be ONE PATHETIC LOSER

I missed it as well.  Anyone care to enlighten we few in the dark?
Ludum habemus.

B. McBannerson

• Team Captain
« Reply #72 on: October 07, 2017, 11:42:12 AM »

It is embarrassing how my home state has fallen over themselves for this company,  Given away the farm, and waived a bunch of environmental regulations for a company with a known history of falling short of their promises.

And we bring them to Madness, give them a jersey, and they give us a TV?  How embarrassing.  We have much more valuable corporate partners than Foxconn.  Ones who have been more generous as well.

So yes...I am ungrateful.

Give it a rest and take it to a different thread.  We may find that this partnership leads to a number of well paying jobs for future Marquette grads and other citizens of Wisconsin.  Or it may not. 

B. McBannerson

• Team Captain
« Reply #73 on: October 07, 2017, 11:42:45 AM »
The Instagram highlights by Marquette were pretty good.  Appeared to be a good atmosphere. 

B. McBannerson

• Team Captain
« Reply #74 on: October 07, 2017, 11:45:31 AM »
Completely uncalled for

Exactly right.  At a fun event on a Friday evening they gave the school a free sample of their product. What’s wrong with that?

They’re engaged with the school and this is not the last thing they’re going to do for it.

Quit thinking Small.

Imagine if they are funding multiple scholarships for minorities, etc, if the generosity slammers would go quiet for a minute or two.