collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: theathletic.com  (Read 866 times)

THRILLHO

• All American
    • twitter feed
theathletic.com
« on: October 03, 2017, 01:33:16 PM »
Anyone subscribing to this site? I hadn't heard of it until today when Ken Pomeroy posted a link to an article of his. Apparently Seth Davis is running it? I can't stand Davis but Pomeroy is definitely worth reading. Anyone have any informed opinions of whether it's worth it?

https://theathletic.com/

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
Re: theathletic.com
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 01:57:53 PM »
Anyone subscribing to this site? I hadn't heard of it until today when Ken Pomeroy posted a link to an article of his. Apparently Seth Davis is running it? I can't stand Davis but Pomeroy is definitely worth reading. Anyone have any informed opinions of whether it's worth it?

https://theathletic.com/

I subscribed for a discount (I think $32 for the year) earlier this year when the focus was just Chicago sports.  They've now expanded the coverage and amount of writers quite a bit. 

I'm not sure what the rates are now or if your city is covered but if it is around $3 a month I think it is worth it. 

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
Re: theathletic.com
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 02:08:31 PM »
I've been getting it for a few months now.  I love it! 

They have a few specific cities they cover (Chicago, Cleveland, Philly, Bay Area, etc.) then they recently brought Ken Rosenthal on board for national baseball and Seth Davis for national college basketball.

If your a fan of one of the cities they cover, I recommend it.

feedback