Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: [Paint Touches] Preseason Previews  (Read 9348 times)

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
Re: [Paint Touches] Preseason Previews
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2017, 12:21:34 PM »
These are great TAMU. I was saving these up to read a bunch at once. Damn, the Big East is going to be tough again.

Horrible about Holt--tough luck kid. I still don't get the Fazekas transfer. I think Butler, with a new coach, may fall a bit the first time through the Big East--even though Jordan is part of the tree. Xavier looks tough again but maybe not as deep. SJUs has talent to make a run. Your recap of Creighton reminded me that Creighton is again ready to reload. Sr. does a great job balancing his classes. DePaul is improved and tall, although PG is a gaping hole. Only Gtown looks horrible...18 easy wins for the other BE teams to grab.

In the end, its Nova and Hall at the top...and then the rest to punch it out. The frosh depth determine MU's destiny, which is a lot to throw on a raw class with a lot of potential.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2017, 12:38:09 PM »
Ye of little faith.  Coach has done a great job of recruiting.  Marquette will do well.  Sure we will grow during the season, but, we will win much because we can shoot better than most and now have the height to defend and rebound well.  I think we will be the biggest surprise in the BE this year.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2017, 03:53:39 PM »
https://painttouches.com/2017/10/29/preseason-preview-wichita-state/

Down to our final two. The last one probably won't surprise that many...
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2017, 03:55:14 PM »
These are great TAMU. I was saving these up to read a bunch at once. Damn, the Big East is going to be tough again.

Horrible about Holt--tough luck kid. I still don't get the Fazekas transfer. I think Butler, with a new coach, may fall a bit the first time through the Big East--even though Jordan is part of the tree. Xavier looks tough again but maybe not as deep. SJUs has talent to make a run. Your recap of Creighton reminded me that Creighton is again ready to reload. Sr. does a great job balancing his classes. DePaul is improved and tall, although PG is a gaping hole. Only Gtown looks horrible...18 easy wins for the other BE teams to grab.

In the end, its Nova and Hall at the top...and then the rest to punch it out. The frosh depth determine MU's destiny, which is a lot to throw on a raw class with a lot of potential.

Appreciate it Dr. B! Creighton is the hardest team for me to project this season. They have some good talent, but I really don't know who they start at PG and C. They have lots of options for both spots but no standout ones. If they can have a PG emerge, then they could be a top of the conference team.
TAMU

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2017, 04:05:34 PM »
https://painttouches.com/2017/10/29/preseason-preview-wichita-state/

Down to our final two. The last one probably won't surprise that many...

Nice preview. If we did manage to sneak out with this win, even if on account of Shamet and McDuffie being out, we'd be in really good shape. That would make 9-10 non-conference wins very viable. One of those wins that could look a lot better than it actually is come Selection Sunday.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2017, 05:26:27 PM »
https://painttouches.com/2017/10/28/preseason-preview-xavier/

Next up is the X men. Getting real close to the end. Only two previews left after this one.
Goodin may be poised for a breakout season. The experience at the end of last year is something he can build off of.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2017, 09:04:41 AM »
Last one: https://painttouches.com/2017/10/30/preseason-previews-villanova/

Villanova takes a small step back but they are still the kings of the BEast. Looking foward to knocking them down in the next two seasons.
TAMU

MUBigDance

• All American
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2017, 09:52:04 PM »
Thanks. Did not read every word but picked a few that sounded interesting. Read your last paragraph prediction for all of them and though I didn’t agree completely, enjoyed the read.

Why do I think Purdue will be a better experience than people think. That Iowa game discolors analysis. What an awful game. Need to get that out of our minds.  I think we beat Purdue.

Thanks again, really good stuff.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2017, 11:18:28 PM »
Thanks. Did not read every word but picked a few that sounded interesting. Read your last paragraph prediction for all of them and though I didn’t agree completely, enjoyed the read.

Why do I think Purdue will be a better experience than people think. That Iowa game discolors analysis. What an awful game. Need to get that out of our minds.  I think we beat Purdue.

Thanks again, really good stuff.

I hope you're right. They are like the anti marquette. All three of their starting guards excel at shutting down three point shooters.  They have an offensively minded 7 foot 2 Alabaman. They are deep and senior heavy. Not the most talented team we face but the worst match-up IMHO. Gotta hope we're unconcious from deep and they are cold
TAMU

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2017, 06:39:25 AM »

Purdue is one of the few teams in the country that can compete in a shooting competition with us and have a decided edge inside.

If this game were happening in January when Froling was eligible and John was more seasoned, I could see a Marquette win. But playing this game this early is tough.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
TAMU

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2017, 12:38:08 PM »
https://painttouches.com/2017/10/27/preseason-preview-purdue/

Preview for Purdue is ready. Fair warning, I do not like how we match up in this game. If we have an off game, this could turn into another Iowa beatdown.

Gameday bump
TAMU

feedback