'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Butch Lee's helping Puerto rico.  (Read 7944 times)

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
Butch Lee's helping Puerto rico.
« on: September 27, 2017, 12:31:13 PM »
gf.me/u/c4yjr

Butch Lee's go fund me page for relief in Puerto Rico.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: Butch Lee's helping Puerto rico.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 12:39:16 PM »
Awesome thing for Butch to do - they are so desperately in need down there.

Also cool to see all the Warrior players who have given...including his old backcourt mate Jim Boylan, Jerel McNeal, Mike Kinsella and so many more!

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 12:58:58 PM »
gf.me/u/c4yjr

Butch Lee's go fund me page for relief in Puerto Rico.

Am I missing something? When I click on the link it takes me to a general go fund me page. Where is Butch's page?

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 01:04:33 PM »
Am I missing something? When I click on the link it takes me to a general go fund me page. Where is Butch's page?

Try this one:

https://www.gofundme.com/butch-lee-pr-hurricane-fund
Have some patience, FFS.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 10:47:44 PM »

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2017, 02:13:02 PM »
Hi guys Back in San Juan for a couple of hours so I'm able to post. All those who can please donate. Lot of people in need.
Thanks in advance.
Goal is National Championship

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2017, 08:35:00 PM »
Hi guys Back in San Juan for a couple of hours so I'm able to post. All those who can please donate. Lot of people in need.
Thanks in advance.

The stories I've seen on CNN have been very sobering.  Be well, Newsie!

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2017, 10:55:03 AM »
Quick update. The MU FEMA 'brigade' has arrived 'in country' today and despite what are certain to be 18+ hour days on official missions, they are also carving out time to personally assist Butch with his effort.  Marquette has been very helpful in facilitating this connection and I have coordinated some things stateside.  I've communicated directly with Butch several times in the last few days and communication in and around San Juan is markedly better than it was only 96 hours ago so progress is being made.

Butch's initial objective is to turn his business operation in San Juan into a quasi relief center.  To do that he needs power, water, food stocks, etc.  The first goal is enough generator capacity to power the essentials.  Basics like lighting, refrigeration and working box fans go a long way toward relieving the suffering.  He clearly understands that his personal celebrity makes this direct fundraising effort possible.  So far, 130 people have contributed a total exceeding $25,000.

I've again provided the link.  Perhaps on this day, the Lord's day, we can do something to directly alleviate the suffering.  Can Butch personally count on you, his Warrior brothers and sisters? I think he can.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2017, 11:27:45 AM »
Quick update. The MU FEMA 'brigade' has arrived 'in country' today and despite what are certain to be 18+ hour days on official missions, they are also carving out time to personally assist Butch with his effort.  Marquette has been very helpful in facilitating this connection and I have coordinated some things stateside.  I've communicated directly with Butch several times in the last few days and communication in and around San Juan is markedly better than it was only 96 hours ago so progress is being made.

Butch's initial objective is to turn his business operation in San Juan into a quasi relief center.  To do that he needs power, water, food stocks, etc.  The first goal is enough generator capacity to power the essentials.  Basics like lighting, refrigeration and working box fans go a long way toward relieving the suffering.  He clearly understands that his personal celebrity makes this direct fundraising effort possible.  So far, 130 people have contributed a total exceeding $25,000.

I've again provided the link.  Perhaps on this day, the Lord's day, we can do something to directly alleviate the suffering.  Can Butch personally count on you, his Warrior brothers and sisters? I think he can.

Thank you, Glow. You are a good man.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2017, 03:18:46 PM »

Thanks Glow! I'm in San Juan took my parents to airport my brother got them plane tickets to take them to his house in SF. All who can help please do. I'm going to contact your son, tganks again.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2017, 03:55:08 PM »
SF= Sioux Falls????

Glad to hear family is ok.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2017, 04:54:40 PM »
Thanks Glow! I'm in San Juan took my parents to airport my brother got them plane tickets to take them to his house in SF. All who can help please do. I'm going to contact your son, tganks again.

Stop by the Coast Guard station and buy jsglow jr. a beer.  He's on the T/S Empire State.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2017, 04:57:37 PM »
Newsie, any power in Ponce or is it all genset down there?  Any cell?

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2017, 10:57:36 AM »
Newsie, any power in Ponce or is it all genset down there?  Any cell?
Hi,
In San Juan again today. No power no comms nothing in Ponce. Power has been restored in tge banking district in San Juan where I was working today.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2017, 12:35:11 PM »
Newsie, glow jr. does not have cell but he does have occasional Messenger. Chick or I can link you up.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2017, 02:48:31 PM »
Newsie, glow jr. does not have cell but he does have occasional Messenger. Chick or I can link you up.
Ok,
Coast Guard is in San Juan port hard to get from where I usually go. LMK to link want to see if I can help them if tgey need info or anything else. Will be back in SJ Thursday.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2017, 07:20:13 PM »
Okay, let me give a Butch update. He's obtained a giant Honeywell generator and is currently seeking a qualified electrician to install it.  Obviously not something you just plug stuff into.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2017, 12:17:37 PM »
Okay, let me give a Butch update. He's obtained a giant Honeywell generator and is currently seeking a qualified electrician to install it.  Obviously not something you just plug stuff into.
Hi guys,
City Hall has installed a free wifi, but very slow. Trying to contact Butch. Glow if you can let him know tell him to look at his facebook messages. Comms really bad here still. Still no power at home, but can't complain doing better than probably 80% of the people down here.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2017, 03:29:39 PM »

Glow, is the generator installed?  I might have a line on some help.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2017, 05:13:31 PM »
Hi guys,
City Hall has installed a free wifi, but very slow. Trying to contact Butch. Glow if you can let him know tell him to look at his facebook messages. Comms really bad here still. Still no power at home, but can't complain doing better than probably 80% of the people down here.

Newsy, he sees his FB IMs.  Delays inevitable.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2017, 05:15:22 PM »
Glow, is the generator installed?  I might have a line on some help.

Not yet.  As of yesterday, he had 2-3 electricians that were 'possible'.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2017, 08:20:50 PM »
Hi guys,

News, just heard that jsglow jr. and his team are heading to Ponce.  No details.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2017, 09:06:09 PM »
Not yet.  As of yesterday, he had 2-3 electricians that were 'possible'.

Let me know. I work for a large electrical distributor. We have an office in San Juan. I can make some calls.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2017, 11:15:55 AM »
News, just heard that jsglow jr. and his team are heading to Ponce.  No details.
Make sure he has my # and that he somehow calls or texts me. I know I can be of help.

feedback