[Today at 07:05:03 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by Jay Bee
[Today at 06:25:51 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by MU82
[Today at 04:38:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[Today at 04:09:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Cracked Sidewalks] We break into your regularly scheduled football weekend to talk #MUBB schedule and recruits  (Read 3367 times)

CrackedSidewalks

We break into your regularly scheduled football weekend to talk #MUBB schedule and recruits

It's fall so we're starting to shake off our summer vacation and more importantly, there is #MUBB news to report and comment on. First we lightly touch on the momentary freakout around Haanif's sling thanks to Instagram. Moving on from that silliness we get to the heart of the podcast, Marquette's newly released schedule. While we don't go game by game we do review the schedule overall and what it might mean for the team this season. We discuss what the non-conference schedule does for a young front court, how we owe apologizes to Mike Broeker after having seen Georgetown's non-con, and what the conference schedule looks like in terms of potential post season. We also send a lot of time talking about the intensifying recruitment of Quentin Grimes by #MUBB, mostly around what his recruitment means for Marquette's roster in 2018, coaching staff as recruiters and level setting expectations for actually landing Mr. Grimes. Enjoy the pod, we're only 4 weeks away from Marquette Madness.  Download this episode (right click and save)
Source: We break into your regularly scheduled football weekend to talk #MUBB schedule and recruits

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Alright, which of you two jerks hacked into my head? Lots of good stuff in there, and largely echoed my thoughts.

A few highlights...

• Good call on the significance of VCU. In terms of NCAA resume, that is unquestionably the biggest game of the season (apologies to wades, but it's true). Win that game and you end up with three good games in Maui, at least one good win, and a huge schedule boost. Lose and you end up with a likely schedule drain and zero good wins. I don't think Cal or LSU will be much of anything this year.
  • Agreed with Phil that I'm not really worried about the offense. Our top three long-range shooters are back, three of the top four in efficiency, and the fourth (Luke) was a non-factor mostly down the stretch. I don't just think the offense will be fine, I think there's a good chance it will be better.
  • Defense is still the question. Hopefully a year in the system will help guys understand assignments, hopefully we have bench players that are more ready to jump in on that end (Cain, John), and hopefully the staff is willing to mix in zone.
  • Exactly how I feel about Grimes, and Joe hit on an important Twitter point that wasn't in here. I agree that Wojo and the staff aren't expecting a departure, they are just at the point where Grimes might be willing to come and if you can get that type of talent, you take him and figure out the rest later. Someone is going to be the 11th or 12th man. That's just reality. I'm really hoping Immanuel Quickley commits soon. Like today would be ideal.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
    I'm really hoping Immanuel Quickley commits quickley. Like today would be ideal.[/list]

FIFY

brewcity77

• All American
    • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
      • Cracked Sidewalks
      FIFY
    I totally biffed the landing there, thanks. I even thought beforehand of the "I hope Immanuel commits Quickley" but somehow forgot by the end of the post. Stupid, stupid brew.[/list]
    This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

We R Final Four

• All American
    Just listened. I believe it was Brew who said awhile back that the majority of the players who shot 50% don't even shoot 40% the next season. As I certainly hope MH doesn't fall into that category, I was a little surprised that the guys said (paraphrasing) "shooting 50+% would be absolutely amazing, but I would take 45%."
    I think every fan thinks that they will do something similar the following year?, but most don't--and All take a step regardless--at least recently.
    That being said I would love to see MH shoot 54% from deep.

Jay Bee

• All American
    Offense worse; defense hopefully better.

His much worse & how much better are the questions for me
    Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

mu03eng

• All American
      • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
    Offense worse; defense hopefully better.

His much worse & how much better are the questions for me

Offense doesn't have to be worse even if Howard takes a step back. He could hit 40% but shoot more plus others could step up.

Will be interesting
    "A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."