Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Big East Schedule Release  (Read 14391 times)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: Big East Schedule Release
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2017, 05:35:36 PM »
This quote is priceless:

“It’s my belief that, why go out there and get my a — kicked to show my recruits that we need their help when I can stay home and watch other people get their butts kicked,” Ewing said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2017/09/12/georgetowns-first-basketball-schedule-under-patrick-ewing-takes-cues-from-john-thompson/?utm_term=.5072d03656e7

Clearly Ewing has a lot of faith in his current players.

"Gee thanks coach."

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2017, 05:48:36 PM »
Wow, I just looked at it. I feel like I owe an apology to Marquette for any time I ever complained about our schedule.

By last year's RPI:

Richmond 72
Syracuse 86
Mt St Mary’s 137
UMES 279
Jacksonville 305
Maine 323
N. Texas St 338
Coppin St 336
Howard 339
NC A&T 350
Alabama A&M 351 (out of 351)
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2017, 05:55:34 PM »
Georgetown really punched the Big East in the gut with this type of schedule.  It will, without question, be the difference between getting six teams in and five.  If they don't want to play a big boy schedule, then they don't have to play a conference schedule either. 

Long-term, Georgetown will regret not moving past the Thompson-era and keeping the new coach of the program in house.  It may have stung, but they really needed to fully cut the cord and stop living in the past.  Any Big East team that loses to Georgetown will be severely impacted, RPI-wise.  Very unfortunate. 

It also makes the case for expansion even more relevant.  When you have a program rebuilding - like a Marquette, St. Johns, Georgetown, etc. - you need to have strength in the middle, that way the bottom doesn't completely destroy the rest of the league (like the AAC is today with Tulane, ECU and USF). 

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2017, 06:08:14 PM »
If they don't want to play a big boy schedule, then they don't have to play a conference schedule either. 

? Are you kicking them out of the conference?

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2017, 06:27:52 PM »
By last year's RPI:

Richmond 72
Syracuse 86
Mt St Mary’s 137
UMES 279
Jacksonville 305
Maine 323
N. Texas St 338
Coppin St 336
Howard 339
NC A&T 350
Mt. St. Mary's lost most of its guys to transfer or graduation,  A truly gutted team.  They will be in the 300s this year.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2017, 07:29:07 PM »
Are we the only team with 3 home games in a row and 3 away games in a row? That really sucks.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2017, 08:29:59 PM »
Mini-plans will go on sale at 10 a.m. CT on Thursday, Sept. 14, and feature a four-game flex plan, with two games locked into the plan and the opportunity for fans to choose the final two outings from predetermined options. The annual National Marquette Day game with Providence (Feb. 3) and the last regular season home game in the BMO Harris Bradley Center against Creighton (March 4) will be included in all mini-plans.

Fans will then select one game each from two categories: 1. The Non-Conference Options, and, 2. The BIG EAST Weekend Options.

The Non-Conference Options: Choose either Purdue on Tuesday, Nov. 14 OR Georgia on Saturday, Dec. 2.

The BIG EAST Weekend Options: Choose either Georgetown on Saturday, Dec. 30 OR Villanova on Sunday, Jan. 28.

Each mini plan purchased will receive a FREE ticket to the home opener against Mount St. Mary’s on November 10. Pricing for mini plans start at $69 and a limited number of lower level seats are available.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2017, 08:31:28 PM »
By last year's RPI:

Richmond 72
Syracuse 86
Mt St Mary’s 137
UMES 279
Jacksonville 305
Maine 323
N. Texas St 338
Coppin St 336
Howard 339
NC A&T 350

Brutal.  Seven out of eleven worse than 300.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2017, 09:17:32 PM »
Wow, I just looked at it. I feel like I owe an apology to Marquette for any time I ever complained about our schedule.
Saw on twitter that you went for the apology.
Goal is National Championship

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2017, 09:31:13 PM »
By last year's RPI:

Richmond 72
Syracuse 86
Mt St Mary’s 137
UMES 279
Jacksonville 305
Maine 323
N. Texas St 338
Coppin St 336
Howard 339
NC A&T 350

My God, Grambling St. scared 'em off!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2017, 10:07:40 PM »
Trying to figure out how I can get to a game or 2 this season.

Closest to me is Georgetown, but if the team I'm coaching (asst HS coach) is any good - and we are gonna be VERY good this year - we'll be in the middle of our playoffs and I won't be able to go. My team has a week off right in the middle of our season, and I might be able to make the games at Butler and home vs. DePaul.

Has anybody gone to a game at Butler? How tough are tickets?

As for the TV schedule ... I can foresee me having to do the bar thing quite a few times, especially for those games on FS Wisconsin. As for game times ... I'll figure out ways to make most of 'em work. Can't get my undies in too big a bundle for something out of my control.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #61 on: September 12, 2017, 10:47:16 PM »
Question: Can you get Fox sports -- Wisconsin in Florida using Comcast?

I want my Warriors this winter!

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2017, 07:53:08 AM »
I don't see any mention at all of FS2. What's with them?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2017, 07:58:28 AM »
I don't see any mention at all of FS2. What's with them?

Our game against Chicago State is on FS2. I think Georgetown and Depaul are getting all the FS2 slots this season.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2017, 08:37:17 AM »
Trying to figure out how I can get to a game or 2 this season.

Closest to me is Georgetown, but if the team I'm coaching (asst HS coach) is any good - and we are gonna be VERY good this year - we'll be in the middle of our playoffs and I won't be able to go. My team has a week off right in the middle of our season, and I might be able to make the games at Butler and home vs. DePaul.

Has anybody gone to a game at Butler? How tough are tickets?

As for the TV schedule ... I can foresee me having to do the bar thing quite a few times, especially for those games on FS Wisconsin. As for game times ... I'll figure out ways to make most of 'em work. Can't get my undies in too big a bundle for something out of my control.

I've been to a game at Butler. I don't really remember I got the tickets but it was that tough. I probably just bought them on Ticketmaster or maybe through Butler but either way it was easy. There was a strong MU presence too so everyone else must not of had a problem either.

Oh, and I sat next to Todd Mayo's uncle. Guy was more drunk than us
Bring back FFP!!!

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #65 on: September 13, 2017, 08:59:58 AM »
...or maybe through Butler...

I bought tickets straight from Butler once too and I've been trying for three years to get off their email list.  I've unsubscribed a million times.  I guarantee I'll get a ticket email this week with Big East schedule info.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #66 on: September 13, 2017, 09:18:09 AM »
I bought tickets straight from Butler once too and I've been trying for three years to get off their email list. I've unsubscribed a million times.  I guarantee I'll get a ticket email this week with Big East schedule info.

Same.  I went Henry's year, bought the tickets in Nov / Dec and it wasn't hard.  Awesome place to see a game.   I would highly recommend.  Get there early, they let you walk right down by the court. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #67 on: September 13, 2017, 11:15:13 AM »
I've been to a game at Butler. I don't really remember I got the tickets but it was that tough. I probably just bought them on Ticketmaster or maybe through Butler but either way it was easy. There was a strong MU presence too so everyone else must not of had a problem either.

Oh, and I sat next to Todd Mayo's uncle. Guy was more drunk than us

cool nugget: he is the younger brother of Todd Mayo's father

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #68 on: September 13, 2017, 11:24:04 AM »
This quote is priceless:

“It’s my belief that, why go out there and get my a — kicked to show my recruits that we need their help when I can stay home and watch other people get their butts kicked,” Ewing said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2017/09/12/georgetowns-first-basketball-schedule-under-patrick-ewing-takes-cues-from-john-thompson/?utm_term=.5072d03656e7

Clearly Ewing has a lot of faith in his current players.

Guys, guys.  Ease up on Ewing.  He's a had a rough life, especially when it comes to playing top-rate competition

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #69 on: September 13, 2017, 11:31:09 AM »
It is bad.  For 2 games chick's going to make me drive to Wisconsin and watch it at Caf's.  We'll attend the other two in person so no biggie there.  Guess I will get to that damn new arena downtown after all.

In Connecticut, the games that are not on Fox usually end up on one of the local sports channels, like YES.  I saw all of the Big East games on TV last year.  I think maybe one or two of the games against cupcakes weren't on, but otherwise we generally get to see them all.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #70 on: September 13, 2017, 12:29:20 PM »
Question: Can you get Fox sports -- Wisconsin in Florida using Comcast?

I want my Warriors this winter!

I live in Wisconsin and through Uverse I get every RSN including

FSN Florida
FSN Sun
FSN South

You should be able to get it by beefing up your package (jb) just a little.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #71 on: September 13, 2017, 04:49:14 PM »
When I say I didn't see any FS2, I wasn't just referring to our schedule. They're not on the entire BE composite schedule. I don't get it.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #72 on: September 13, 2017, 05:01:13 PM »
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/marq/sports/m-baskbl/auto_pdf/2017-18/schedule/schedule.pdf

Full schedule with times.

Georgia game is on CBSSN, grrr.
Miles--here is MUs sked with the FS2 game noted.

FS2 and the FOX Sports Regional Networks will air games not carried by FOX, FS1, CBS or CBS Sports Network, including conference and non-conference contests.

On the BEAST composite it seems to refer to all games not on Fox or FS1 as FSN.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 06:16:58 PM by We R Joey to MU »

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #73 on: September 13, 2017, 05:52:53 PM »
When I say I didn't see any FS2, I wasn't just referring to our schedule. They're not on the entire BE composite schedule. I don't get it.

There are no Big East conference games on FS2 if that is what you are asking. 15 non-conference games are on FS2.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #74 on: September 13, 2017, 07:55:27 PM »
Same.  I went Henry's year, bought the tickets in Nov / Dec and it wasn't hard.  Awesome place to see a game.   I would highly recommend.  Get there early, they let you walk right down by the court.

I appreciate the 4-1-1 from you, saveOD and swoop. Thanks!

Not sure I'll be able to swing it, but it's good to know I'll probably be able to score tix if I can.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

feedback