[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Big East Schedule Release  (Read 14387 times)

GloccaMorra

• Walk-On
Re: Big East Schedule Release
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2017, 12:13:52 PM »
4 conference games on FSN-Wisconsin.  I wonder if that's the Big Ten effect, having them now on Fox Sports.

For us who live outside of Wisconsin this is a pain in the ass.  Unless you subscribe to some CBB package via your cable subscriber not sure how you are able to watch.  They don't stream that regional stuff on FoxSports Go.  Or at least didn't last year.  Suggestions appreciated!

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2017, 12:17:16 PM »
Is the whisky game at 11 am with a replay on fs1 at 1pm?
11am if it's on FOX. 1pm if it ends up on FS1.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 12:19:55 PM by mupanther »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2017, 12:18:07 PM »
4 conference games on FSN-Wisconsin.  I wonder if that's the Big Ten effect, having them now on Fox Sports.
Daytona 500 coverage of there many different events.

Big Ten Schedule on FOX/FS1
https://foxsports-wordpress-www-prsupports-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/sites/2/2017/09/9.7-Big-Ten-Basketball-on-FOX.pdf
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Smokin' Jae

• Team Captain
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2017, 12:25:14 PM »
Schedule kinda sucks from a date and time perspective, especially compared to last year

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2017, 12:25:35 PM »
For us who live outside of Wisconsin this is a pain in the ass.  Unless you subscribe to some CBB package via your cable subscriber not sure how you are able to watch.  They don't stream that regional stuff on FoxSports Go.  Or at least didn't last year.  Suggestions appreciated!

It is bad.  For 2 games chick's going to make me drive to Wisconsin and watch it at Caf's.  We'll attend the other two in person so no biggie there.  Guess I will get to that damn new arena downtown after all.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2017, 12:29:15 PM »
It is bad.  For 2 games chick's going to make me drive to Wisconsin and watch it at Caf's.  We'll attend the other two in person so no biggie there.  Guess I will get to that damn new arena downtown after all.

Or Scoop Meetup at the Brat Stop.
Have some patience, FFS.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2017, 12:31:44 PM »
We also have a crap ton of weeknight 8p starts.  When we win it okay.  But when we lose it's flippin' brutal.

I'm coming down this way.  Yes, I like the opening 2 home games.  Yes, I like Nova Sunday.  Yes, I like closing the BMO on a Saturday Senior day.  But there also a TON not to like from a Chicago fan's perspective notably some of the missing nat'l TV and the late weeknight starts.  Oh well, it is what it is.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2017, 12:32:40 PM »

Rather than driving from Chicago to MKE twice, why don't you just subscribe to the Sports Pack?  It's like $12 / month.  I believe it gets you every FSN + a million other regional sports stations. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2017, 12:36:39 PM »
Does FSGo stream based on the billing address of the account or based on where the device is physically while streaming?  I don't know how those things work.  If it's based on the billing address you could attempt to find a login from someone in Wisconsin?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2017, 12:38:22 PM »
We also have a crap ton of weeknight 8p starts.  When we win it okay.  But when we lose it's flippin' brutal.

It's 5 times with 8pm games. One of them is a Friday night.
-Bill Walton

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2017, 12:53:19 PM »
3 5:30 PM starts on the road...that's a bit unusual of a start time
Those are 6:30pm local time for the home team.
-Bill Walton

ChuckyChip

• Team Captain
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2017, 01:27:31 PM »
It's 5 times with 8pm games. One of them is a Friday night.

True, but also throw in three 7:30pm games and that makes 8 out of 17 regular season home games starting at 7:30pm or later.  And remember, the 8pm starts are really 8:15pm.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2017, 01:36:39 PM »
Does FSGo stream based on the billing address of the account or based on where the device is physically while streaming?  I don't know how those things work.  If it's based on the billing address you could attempt to find a login from someone in Wisconsin?

Billing address of account. Pretty sure I've logged on in chicago and seen FSW.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2017, 01:39:33 PM »

At least they are all stacked together. Looks like I'm going to be adding the sports package to my account for the month of February. 10 bucks for four games, seems reasonable enough.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

jsglow

• All American

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2017, 02:11:16 PM »

Get DirecTV.  Request the sports pack (they'll give it to you for free if you get to their customer retention people).  Then you'll get pretty much every college basketball game you'd ever want. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2017, 02:37:04 PM »
Georgetown getting ripped on Twitter for their non-conference schedule.  T-rank says it's the worst non-conference schedule in college basketball.  Someone else says it's the second worst major conference non-conference schedule in the Ken Pom era.  They have really screwed the rest of the conference this year.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2017, 03:09:10 PM »
True, but also throw in three 7:30pm games and that makes 8 out of 17 regular season home games starting at 7:30pm or later.  And remember, the 8pm starts are really 8:15pm.
Only the FS1 boardcasts will be 7:45 and 8:15pm tip times. One is a CBSSN which is about 8:07 tip time. Needless to say, your point is spot on!
-Bill Walton

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2017, 03:54:53 PM »
Georgetown getting ripped on Twitter for their non-conference schedule.  T-rank says it's the worst non-conference schedule in college basketball.  Someone else says it's the second worst major conference non-conference schedule in the Ken Pom era.  They have really screwed the rest of the conference this year.

Wow, I just looked at it. I feel like I owe an apology to Marquette for any time I ever complained about our schedule.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Slim

• All American
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2017, 04:22:38 PM »
Or Scoop Meetup at the Brat Stop.

I'm in!

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2017, 04:44:37 PM »
Wow, I just looked at it. I feel like I owe an apology to Marquette for any time I ever complained about our schedule.

This quote is priceless:

“It’s my belief that, why go out there and get my a — kicked to show my recruits that we need their help when I can stay home and watch other people get their butts kicked,” Ewing said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2017/09/12/georgetowns-first-basketball-schedule-under-patrick-ewing-takes-cues-from-john-thompson/?utm_term=.5072d03656e7

Clearly Ewing has a lot of faith in his current players.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2017, 04:53:23 PM »
Feb. 3 is National Marquette Day vs Providence
I think it is great any time we play Cooley and Company.  Even better that there will be a big crowd. Looking forward to it.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2017, 05:03:57 PM »
FSN means no MU on TV here frpm 2/7 to 2/ 26.
Answer: bars with direct TV.

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2017, 05:29:41 PM »
This quote is priceless:

“It’s my belief that, why go out there and get my a — kicked to show my recruits that we need their help when I can stay home and watch other people get their butts kicked,” Ewing said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2017/09/12/georgetowns-first-basketball-schedule-under-patrick-ewing-takes-cues-from-john-thompson/?utm_term=.5072d03656e7

I don't have a lot of faith that Ewing is going to right Georgetown's sinking ship.  If he's too scared to compete against power conference opponents he's going to have a difficult time attracting power conference talent.  Just the entirely wrong tone to set from the get-go. 
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2017, 05:35:15 PM »
This quote is priceless:

One game away from home, and it's 2 hours away in Richmond.

feedback