Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Big East News  (Read 21838 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: Big East News
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2017, 10:18:41 PM »
Her credibility doesn't matter? In a world where he said, she said, how does credibility not become a key component?  Law enforcement asked what happened, she said nothing and that turned out not to be true.  This is part of what we call getting to the truth.

Now, he may be evil and guilty as sin, but he also may not be  It sounds like you are saying the fact that she didn't tell the truth doesn't amount to anything, and many of us would find that enormously troubling in a world where it's one person's word vs another.

She did tell the truth. The police asked her about it and she told them what happened. Why does her doing a consensual sex act earlier in the night with a different guy damage her credibility?

Either way, it sounds like something a jury should decide no?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2017, 10:54:00 PM »
She did tell the truth. The police asked her about it and she told them what happened. Why does her doing a consensual sex act earlier in the night with a different guy damage her credibility?

It scares me that people like You are in the Title IX enforcement business. Thank god for Betsy Devos.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

fjm

• All American
« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2017, 12:02:55 AM »
Ooooh boy. Here we go.

While I hope he is innocent, it is concerning that the charges were dropped so easily.

That being said, I understand what 4-to-5yearstojudge is saying with concern over people who have claimed rape multiple times (or even once) when it wasn't true. It's becoming quite frequent (albeit the outlier).

Also having said that, I don't believe this is the case at all in the Watson situation.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2017, 10:06:34 AM »
Ooooh boy. Here we go.

While I hope he is innocent, it is concerning that the charges were dropped so easily.

That being said, I understand what 4-to-5yearstojudge is saying with concern over people who have claimed rape multiple times (or even once) when it wasn't true. It's becoming quite frequent (albeit the outlier).

Also having said that, I don't believe this is the case at all in the Watson situation.

Operative phrase right there. The overarching problem is not false accusations. The problem is rape.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2017, 10:32:38 AM »
Operative phrase right there. The overarching problem is not false accusations. The problem is rape.

Of course. And the overarching problem in the black community is crime, not police misconduct in the pursuit of those accused of criminal conduct.

Doesn't mean the rights (or lack thereof) of the accused and the possible abuses by the powerful in pursuit of the accused aren't legit topics for discussion.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2017, 12:20:48 PM »
It scares me that people like You are in the Title IX enforcement business. Thank god for Betsy Devos.
I am grateful that someone has taken the time to get trained to the highest standard currently available.  I am grateful that he shares his knowledge and experience with this board.    He is far more knowledgeable about the whole thing than is the person taking away direction.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2017, 12:59:47 PM »
It scares me that people like You are in the Title IX enforcement business.

Why?

EDIT: I do want to hear you concerns, but I invite you to do it in the thread on this topic in the superbar. No need to have multiple threads on the same topic.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 03:25:11 PM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2017, 03:06:30 PM »
it scares me that people like you have "freedom of speech," but i live with it.  good call on devos though...i agree school staff should carry guns in case there is a bear attack. 

B. McBannerson

• Team Captain
« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2017, 09:02:37 AM »

"How would a jury reconcile the woman’s report of what happened in the bathroom with her failure to disclose any sexual contact in the car just minutes before?"

http://www.omaha.com/news/crime/prosecutors-drop-rape-charge-against-maurice-watson-ex-creighton-player/article_30ff9328-9fb3-11e7-ab49-8f82624c17cf.html

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2017, 12:54:57 PM »
"How would a jury reconcile the woman’s report of what happened in the bathroom with her failure to disclose any sexual contact in the car just minutes before?"

http://www.omaha.com/news/crime/prosecutors-drop-rape-charge-against-maurice-watson-ex-creighton-player/article_30ff9328-9fb3-11e7-ab49-8f82624c17cf.html

Failure to disclose is not lying. She didn't mention it but when the police asked her about she was truthful. Again, what does her having consensual sexual activity with one person have anything to do with nonconsenual sexual activity with another person later in the evening?
TAMU

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2017, 12:56:26 PM »
it scares me that people like you have "freedom of speech," but i live with it.  good call on devos though...i agree school staff should carry guns in case there is a bear attack.

You're scared because people who don't agree with you have free speech.

I'm much more scared of what the world will look like if people with whom I disagree don't have free speech.

"People like you" is the first step in the dehumanizing process - what happens next is never good.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 01:01:28 PM by Quentin's Tap »

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2017, 12:58:00 PM »

I'm much more scared of what the world will look like if people with whom I disagree don't have free speech.

Agreed. The last couple days have been a terrifying glimpse.
TAMU

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2017, 04:13:36 PM »

"People like you" is the first step in the dehumanizing process - what happens next is never good.
maybe a poorly worded joke...not what i was getting at...and by "people like you" i mean people like cain who feel they can say someone doesn't belong in their profession without a clue as to what they're talking about.

B. McBannerson

• Team Captain
« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2017, 09:57:04 PM »

Rape is a problem.  So are people trying to frame others for crimes they didn't commit.  TAMU said the other day lives aren't ruined.  If someone wanted to graduate from USC and is two courses shy but expelled because a TITLE IX admin lost their mind, that can ruin their lives.  Or severely impact it.  Confidentiality? Come on, it's all over the press.  In fact, the lack of actual information hurts the young man in this case because it's implied that someone was done wrong.

I don't know why we can't try to be fair and get it right.  We error so far now on the accuser side that innocent men and women are being expelled from schools, kicked off teams.  Remember not long ago when people here wanted to be extra careful about guilt or innocence as it relates to crimes and punishment?  Where did that go?  And spare me the notion this isn't criminal in nature, the effects of it end up being like a criminal case with the implied stigma that these people are guilty of sexual assault in the minds of the school and punished.

B. McBannerson

• Team Captain
« Reply #64 on: September 26, 2017, 09:58:45 PM »
Failure to disclose is not lying. She didn't mention it but when the police asked her about she was truthful. Again, what does her having consensual sexual activity with one person have anything to do with nonconsenual sexual activity with another person later in the evening?

Failure to disclose is a credibility issue.  We don't know if it wasn't lying because they may have asked tell me everything that happened.  If you don't tell them everything that happened, that is willfully avoiding telling the whole truth.

You're starting to sound lawyerly here when people's lives are being effected. 

B. McBannerson

• Team Captain
« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2017, 10:01:07 PM »

Have there been any killings on campuses where guns are allowed?  I don't know, I'm asking.  One of my kids when visiting campuses they had open carry.  Beautiful campus, nice people, we had no idea until after we visited.  Did note that crime on that campus was the lowest of all the schools we visited.  Correlation?  I do not know.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #66 on: September 26, 2017, 10:13:08 PM »
The Chicos Crusades are back in full force!

You go prosecuted white man!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #67 on: September 26, 2017, 10:18:55 PM »
Have ....... know.
What's the reward when you get your ScoopBanned punch card punched for the 12th time?  For your sake i hope it's not just a new user name
*fingers crossed for a muffin*

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #68 on: September 26, 2017, 10:32:11 PM »
Rape is a problem.  So are people trying to frame others for crimes they didn't commit.  TAMU said the other day lives aren't ruined.  If someone wanted to graduate from USC and is two courses shy but expelled because a TITLE IX admin lost their mind, that can ruin their lives.  Or severely impact it.  Confidentiality? Come on, it's all over the press.  In fact, the lack of actual information hurts the young man in this case because it's implied that someone was done wrong.

I don't know why we can't try to be fair and get it right.  We error so far now on the accuser side that innocent men and women are being expelled from schools, kicked off teams.  Remember not long ago when people here wanted to be extra careful about guilt or innocence as it relates to crimes and punishment?  Where did that go?  And spare me the notion this isn't criminal in nature, the effects of it end up being like a criminal case with the implied stigma that these people are guilty of sexual assault in the minds of the school and punished.
Have there been any killings on campuses where guns are allowed?  I don't know, I'm asking.  One of my kids when visiting campuses they had open carry.  Beautiful campus, nice people, we had no idea until after we visited.  Did note that crime on that campus was the lowest of all the schools we visited.  Correlation?  I do not know.
Failure to disclose is a credibility issue.  We don't know if it wasn't lying because they may have asked tell me everything that happened.  If you don't tell them everything that happened, that is willfully avoiding telling the whole truth.

I agree with this analysis.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #69 on: September 26, 2017, 10:37:44 PM »

You avoided my question for a third time. What does committing a consensual sex act earlier in the night have to do with an accusation of a non-consensual sex act later in the night with a different man? How does A impact B?
TAMU

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #70 on: September 26, 2017, 10:47:15 PM »
You avoided my question for a third time. What does committing a consensual sex act earlier in the night have to do with an accusation of a non-consensual sex act later in the night with a different man? How does A impact B?

Don’t you know? If you kiss your spouse goodbye on your way out for work in the morning you legally cannot be sexually assaulted due to this heinous act of yours. And if you don’t disclose your morning goodbye kiss to your spouse to the authorities when you are being questioned about your lie of being sexually assaulted you should be locked up.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #71 on: September 26, 2017, 10:59:59 PM »

I was kinda hoping you were serious when you posted the stuff below.  Sigh.

I had to objectives here, and that was it.

1)  Apologize, get some things off my chest.  Own up to some things.
2)  Hopefully get people to stop with the racist stuff, which is so inapprorpriate.

I wish you all well.  I don't want to see a bunch of people creating accounts like some have just to respond here.  Or claim I am some Badger fan or whatever.  I wish you all well.   Keefe, 4ever, Rocket, etc...thanks for emails.  All the best.  Hope to see you in January....I won't be back, that was never my intent.

Cheers.

THRILLHO

• All American
    • twitter feed
« Reply #72 on: September 27, 2017, 05:48:35 AM »
Rape is a problem.  So are people trying to frame others for crimes they didn't commit. 

Suicide is a problem. So is people faking their own deaths to frame their enemies for murder.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #73 on: September 27, 2017, 07:55:44 AM »
I was kinda hoping you were serious when you posted the stuff below.  Sigh.

You got the wrong dude, rocky.  Jams = Chicos.  4or5years = hoopaloop.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #74 on: September 27, 2017, 08:11:28 AM »
You got the wrong dude, rocky.  Jams = Chicos.  4or5years = hoopaloop.

Hah nice
Maigh Eo for Sam