[Today at 09:13:49 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Lennys Tap
[Today at 07:56:17 PM]

Best case scenarios by Frenns Liquor Depot
[Today at 03:55:21 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[Today at 11:02:10 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Crowder to Cleveland?  (Read 13181 times)

jficke13

• All American
Re: Crowder to Cleveland?
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2017, 04:09:37 PM »
Maybe I'm letting the terrible teams he had in Cleveland tour 1 weigh on the discussion by saying that Cleveland has done a bad job of giving him good teams, when the real discussion is about the teams he reached the Finals with.

I guess I look at all the non-Heat teams and just don't see depth of quality like the Kobe/Shaq Lakers, Spurs (of forever), and GSW.

All that's over now because Crowder's on the Cavs, so 82-0 here we come. No excuses about bad teammates.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2017, 05:56:25 PM »
Got to love Scoop, Crowder's trade thread turns into a Lebron James debate  ;D
Goal is National Championship

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2017, 07:36:46 PM »
No politics, please.

thanks chili  8-)

it's kinda like trying not to look at someone who has a wad of spinach err something stuck between the incisors-ein'er?

"all animals are equal, but some are MORE equal than others"
don't...don't don't don't don't

reinko

• All American
« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2017, 09:29:22 PM »
If guys like Otto Porter are getting the max, IT is obviously going to get the max.  Do the Cav's give a 5'6", 29 year old PG with hip issues that cannot defend a single NBA player a max contract with LeBron walking next offseason?  Or do they just bottom out, get a top pick in next year's draft (Brooklyn's pick) and a top pick in the following draft (their own) and move on without IT and LBJ right away?

IT is 5'9 and 28, why exaggerate when real facts make the same point?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2017, 09:41:53 PM »
IT is 5'9 and 28, why exaggerate when real facts make the same point?

Because calling IT 5'9" is like when MU called Jae Crowder 6'6", and by the time IT will be signing a max contract with someone like I was discussing in my post it will be 1 year from now, which puts him at...28+1 = 29.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

reinko

• All American
« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2017, 09:46:05 PM »
Because calling IT 5'9" is like when MU called Jae Crowder 6'6", and by the time IT will be signing a max contract with someone like I was discussing in my post it will be 1 year from now, which puts him at...28+1 = 29.

So his official NBA combine measurements are fake?

http://www.nbadraft.net/nba-draft-combine-measurements-0

And I'll own, barefoot he measured 5'8 and 3/4

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2017, 09:49:12 PM »
This.

It's my signature. I change it every so often, and I'll change it again. I don't ask anybody to hide his/her signature. It's immaterial to me, easy to ignore ... unless somebody talks about my mama!

Sigh

MU82

• All American
« Reply #57 on: August 23, 2017, 09:56:44 PM »
I think Love went from being an "overrated" player in MN to being one of the most underrated players in the NBA while in Cleveland.  He's averaged 17 and 10 in his 3 years while shooting 37% from 3. 

Agree with all of this. He really does sound like a very good role player, and every championship-caliber team needs one or two of those!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #58 on: August 23, 2017, 10:01:10 PM »
Agree with all of this. He really does sound like a very good role player, and every championship-caliber team needs one or two of those!

I guess it's just semantics. In my mind Kevin Love would be the first and only player ever to be considered a role player while averaging 17 and 10 over a 3 year stretch. To me, that is a feature player. Just because he's the third best player on the team doesn't mean he's a role player. Just like Bosh wasn't a role player for the Heat and Klay (or Draymond, whichever you think is the 3rd best on the Warriors, or even better, the 4th best) isn't a role player for the Warriors. These guys are all legitimate All Stars, Love included.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 10:03:34 PM by QuentinsWorld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #59 on: August 23, 2017, 11:24:15 PM »
I guess it's just semantics. In my mind Kevin Love would be the first and only player ever to be considered a role player while averaging 17 and 10 over a 3 year stretch. To me, that is a feature player. Just because he's the third best player on the team doesn't mean he's a role player. Just like Bosh wasn't a role player for the Heat and Klay (or Draymond, whichever you think is the 3rd best on the Warriors, or even better, the 4th best) isn't a role player for the Warriors. These guys are all legitimate All Stars, Love included.

Not just a role player. A very good role player! Maybe I'd even go up to excellent role player!!

To me, a legitimate star can carry a playoff-caliber team. Love is not that. If you aren't good enough to be the go-to guy for a contender, you are a role player in my book. So yeah, I guess it's semantics. And that's the beauty of sports arguments. We don't have to agree!

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2017, 08:25:52 AM »
I'd say Kyrie and Love are much more than "hammered garbage," and the contracts that are on the current Cavs roster that are "hammered garbage" are courtesy of GM LeBron publicly forcing the Cav's front office's hand into giving out absurd money for Tristian Thompson and JR Smith.  That's the ultimate irony in all of LeBron's complaining about being "top heavy," needing more help, and being upset that the Cav's owner isn't willing to go even further into the luxury tax despite having the highest payroll in the NBA.

Let's be honest here.  7 of his 8 NBA Finals appearances came out of the very weak Eastern Conference while having either Kyrie and Love or Wade and Bosh next to him.  If you want to call those teams "hammered garbage" so be it.  I'll simply disagree there.

Co-sign. And that 2007 finals appearance absolutely would not have even happened if Wade hadn't been injured.

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2017, 09:47:40 AM »
Here's an unbelievable statistic - below are the first round draft selections on LeBron's (then) current teams that played alongside him:

Luke Jackson, Shannon Brown, J.J. Hickson, Tyus Jones.

Note: guys like Irving, Wade, Bosh, Love, etc. are not listed because his teams did not draft them - they acquired them.  In a career spanning 13 seasons already, James has only ever played alongside four first round draft picks that his team drafted on those teams.  Why is that?  Because his teams have consistently traded away first round selections in order to acquire established talent.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2017, 09:52:18 AM »
Sigh

Don't worry, chili, the mods censored me.

A personal signature that had no obscenities and no offensiveness (except to Nazis) is gone. The republic is saved!

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2017, 10:09:08 AM »
Here's an unbelievable statistic - below are the first round draft selections on LeBron's (then) current teams that played alongside him:

Luke Jackson, Shannon Brown, J.J. Hickson, Tyus Jones.

Note: guys like Irving, Wade, Bosh, Love, etc. are not listed because his teams did not draft them - they acquired them.  In a career spanning 13 seasons already, James has only ever played alongside four first round draft picks that his team drafted on those teams.  Why is that?  Because his teams have consistently traded away first round selections in order to acquire established talent.

1) Tyus Jones never played for Cleveland.

2) Cleveland did draft Kyrie but it was with a pick acquired from the Clippers (for Jamario Moon and Mo Williams!).

3) LeBron played with Cleveland draft picks Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson, Anthony Bennett and Dion Waters (all top 4 picks). I realize that he wasn't on Cleveland when they made these picks, but it's not like he never played with any fellow lottery picks while a Cavalier. It's also misleading since LeBron's teams have been very good for a very long time so they're not exactly picking high in the draft. During Jordan's prime, the Bulls' 1st Round selections included Mark Randall, Byron Houston, Corey Blount, Travis Knight and Keith Booth.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #64 on: August 24, 2017, 10:17:09 AM »

A personal signature that had no obscenities and no offensiveness (except to Nazis) is gone. The republic is saved!

There is a 2018 guard prospect from Providence named David Duke (and yes he is black).  Duke was being recruited by Virginia but they are no longer under consideration.

If your signature was about this basketball player commenting on something Trump said about UVA basketball, then your signature would've been fine.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #65 on: August 24, 2017, 11:06:10 AM »
Got to love Scoop, Crowder's trade thread turns into a Lebron James debate  ;D

Saw a graphic the other day on Twitter that Crowder hits 47.8% of his corner threes, if I'm remembering correctly (definitely over 47%). He'll get a lot of those opportunities in Cleveland. I could see this being a really, really good move for him.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #66 on: August 24, 2017, 12:13:26 PM »
Crowder, if he brings the intensity, could end up being LeBron's favorite teammate.
I hope he aspires for more.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2017, 12:58:44 PM »
Saw a graphic the other day on Twitter that Crowder hits 47.8% of his corner threes, if I'm remembering correctly (definitely over 47%). He'll get a lot of those opportunities in Cleveland. I could see this being a really, really good move for him.

Crowder 3P stats with Boston

2015: 28% on 3 attempts/game
2016: 34% on 5 attempts/game
2017: 40% on 5 attempts/game

Crowder's the most underappreciated player in the NBA. Defense, toughness, and intelligence with a developing 3 point ability (obviously huge in today's game). Plus he has the best contract in the league at this point - WAY below current market, and locked in for 3 more years. I can't believe Boston just threw him in a deal like this, he's a really valuable short & medium-term asset.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #68 on: August 24, 2017, 01:26:05 PM »
There is a 2018 guard prospect from Providence named David Duke (and yes he is black).  Duke was being recruited by Virginia but they are no longer under consideration.

If your signature was about this basketball player commenting on something Trump said about UVA basketball, then your signature would've been fine.

#donedeal!!!

MomofMUltiples

• All American
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 01:50:11 PM by MomofMUltiples »
I mean, OK, maybe he's secretly a serial killer who's pulled the wool over our eyes with his good deeds and smooth jumper - Pakuni (on Markus Howard)

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #70 on: August 24, 2017, 01:42:44 PM »
Thoughts and prayers for Jae and the Crowder family.  It's always tough losing a parent. 

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #71 on: August 24, 2017, 01:48:41 PM »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #72 on: August 24, 2017, 03:39:45 PM »
Very sad. I got to know Jae's family a little down in Louisville. Fine, fine people.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #73 on: August 24, 2017, 08:10:55 PM »
Darn suxs  :'(
Goal is National Championship

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #74 on: August 24, 2017, 08:16:31 PM »

Lol.  Just tired of politics.

feedback