[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 19, 2024, 05:04:53 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[April 19, 2024, 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Article on the Change of Culture at Duke and Coach K's Future  (Read 952 times)

GGGG

• All American
Article on the Change of Culture at Duke and Coach K's Future
« on: August 18, 2017, 09:59:50 AM »
https://www.theringer.com/2017/8/18/16165584/coach-k-duke-blue-devils-marvin-bagley-one-done

"It’s also exactly why it’s so jarring to see Krzyzewski embrace such a massive cultural shift in the final act of his career. I don’t know if this change was brought on by John Calipari becoming college basketball’s darling with his one-and-done philosophy at Kentucky, by super-recruiter Jeff Capel’s addition to the Duke staff in 2011, or by some combination of both factors. I just know that after decades of Duke basketball standing for chemistry and toughness, Coach K’s recent teams have been remarkably inconsistent messes that don’t mesh and can’t guard ball screens for crap."

"Duke once appeared to have an obvious succession plan (Wojciechowski) lined up for the day when Coach K departs, but Jeff “Littlefinger” Capel has turned the situation into something resembling Game of Thrones. Capel’s recruiting prowess has fundamentally changed the Blue Devils’ forecast, pushed him to the top of the candidates list, and opened up the door to a whole slew of outsiders. Now there’s no telling how the most anticipated coaching search in the sport’s history is going to pan out."

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Re: Article on the Change of Culture at Duke and Coach K's Future
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 06:06:06 PM »
  i think a lot of "the change of culture..." is the new business model of college basketball.  number one-some of the best players want to align themselves with the best of the best.  the traditional successful programs who used to recruit and nurture the 3-4 year baller is old news.  the new definition of success has become mano a mano, grab with both hands, greed is good and as big al used to say

Coaching: “I like SRO. You need charisma. There should be electricity. When I walk into the arena, the first thing I do is look at the four corner seats. If those are sold, I’ve done my job.”
don't...don't don't don't don't