[Today at 05:32:20 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:04:53 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Uncle Rico
[Today at 04:46:35 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[Today at 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Mayweather mcgregor  (Read 6604 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: Mayweather mcgregor
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2017, 11:48:54 PM »
My hope is that Mayweather trash talks McGregor enough that he gets pissed off and kicks Mayweather in the face. Would be quite the spectacle.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2017, 09:53:24 AM »
What kind of odds does someone want to give me if I take CM?
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2017, 10:14:55 AM »
 mayweather really seems to be phoning it in for his training and Mcgregor is doing things like the Russian in rocky 4. Doesn't make me feel good for boxing this fight.

Anybody doing anything exciting for the fight?
Maigh Eo for Sam

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2017, 11:41:22 AM »

Odds are +350 to +400 depending.  I'd give you 4 to 1

mayweather really seems to be phoning it in for his training and Mcgregor is doing things like the Russian in rocky 4. Doesn't make me feel good for boxing this fight.

Cause Mayweather doesn't feel threatened and knows he can sleepwalk his way to a unanimous decision at worst.

I did see that according to William Hill, this is by far the most bet fight in history, and their potential loss liability on a McGregor win is the highest of any sporting event ever.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2017, 12:07:22 PM »

Kinda hoping to stumble on a stream, but in reality forgetting about the fight and doing something else entirely, then reading about what a travesty it was on Sunday morning and shrugging my shoulders.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2017, 06:51:34 PM »

I'm planning on ordering it because I'm a shameless consumer of the hype machine, and having a couple people over to defer the cost.

On that note - is anyone else planning on getting it through an xbox one? I think the UFC app is my only option there, and  it seems like I have to sign up for a month of UFC Fight Pass for $10, in addition to the $100 for the fight. Anyone else have other ideas for cord cutter? The $10 is more insult to my self-inflicted $100 injury, but I can't blame myself for being stupid, so I'm choosing to be bitter about the fight pass thing.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2017, 07:11:56 PM »

Fight opened Mayweather -2250 McGregor +900 (so "fair value was 15.75 -1) now about 4-1. Borderline unbelievable.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2017, 09:39:55 PM »
Fight opened Mayweather -2250 McGregor +900 (so "fair value was 15.75 -1) now about 4-1. Borderline unbelievable.

I think boxing (Mayweather) fans view it as a novelty so they aren't as likely to place a bet...while MMA (McGregor) fans view it as a big opportunity to give their sport legitimacy, so they are betting with their emotions.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2017, 08:21:40 AM »
I think boxing (Mayweather) fans view it as a novelty so they aren't as likely to place a bet...while MMA (McGregor) fans view it as a big opportunity to give their sport legitimacy, so they are betting with their emotions.

I posted a link to a story on deadspin a bit up thread where the writer, who was an old time boxing insider, talked about the biggest mismatch fights of all time. He said something along the lines of "these fights are designed to seperate suckers from their money." Almost all played on emotion of some kind, many played on race/nationalism, any hook to get lots of people to place bets on the longshots, who were, according to him, no-shots.

That's this fight 1-2-3.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2017, 04:35:36 PM »
Vegas will suffer historic loss if McGregor KO's Mayweather
Fans of Irish MMA superstar flooding bookies with small bets that will pay off big
August 24, 2017

http://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4261111

Conor McGregor is making a lot of wise guys nervous in this gambling city.

Should he somehow manage to knock out Floyd Mayweather Jr. in the early rounds Saturday night, the city's bookmakers would lose millions of dollars in the biggest single event loss in the history of sports betting.

McGregor fans have flooded sports books with $100 bills backing the mixed martial arts fighter, and even a late surge of money on Mayweather might not be enough to balance the books.

"I'm OK now," said William Hill oddsmaker Nick Bogdanovich. "But you might want to have a heart monitor on me when the bell rings and Conor starts throwing wild lefts."

Bogdanovich said his chain of sports books will suffer multimillion dollar losses — their worst ever — should McGregor win the fight in any fashion. If he wins early as he has promised, the losses would be even worse.

The big bettors are putting their money on Mayweather, who is 49-0 as a pro. But so many McGregor fans are betting small amounts that the betting slips at William Hill were 18-1 in the Irish fighter's favour.

There have also been big Mayweather bets at the MGM Grand, including a $500,000 wager on Wednesday. MGM Resorts oddsmaker Jay Rood, though, said the sheer volume of McGregor bets is overwhelming the big Mayweather bet.

Rood said his books have taken 6,700 bets on McGregor and only 300 on Mayweather. The average bet on McGregor is $125, while the average for Mayweather is $4,000.

If McGregor wins, Rood said MGM will be a big loser and the state will suffer its biggest single event loss ever.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2017, 04:37:55 PM »
The only way McGregor wins is if the fight is rigged. I think the Vegas books are safe.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2017, 04:40:43 PM »
Vegas will suffer historic loss if McGregor KO's Mayweather
Fans of Irish MMA superstar flooding bookies with small bets that will pay off big
August 24, 2017

http://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4261111

Conor McGregor is making a lot of wise guys nervous in this gambling city.

Should he somehow manage to knock out Floyd Mayweather Jr. in the early rounds Saturday night, the city's bookmakers would lose millions of dollars in the biggest single event loss in the history of sports betting.

McGregor fans have flooded sports books with $100 bills backing the mixed martial arts fighter, and even a late surge of money on Mayweather might not be enough to balance the books.

"I'm OK now," said William Hill oddsmaker Nick Bogdanovich. "But you might want to have a heart monitor on me when the bell rings and Conor starts throwing wild lefts."

Bogdanovich said his chain of sports books will suffer multimillion dollar losses — their worst ever — should McGregor win the fight in any fashion. If he wins early as he has promised, the losses would be even worse.

The big bettors are putting their money on Mayweather, who is 49-0 as a pro. But so many McGregor fans are betting small amounts that the betting slips at William Hill were 18-1 in the Irish fighter's favour.

There have also been big Mayweather bets at the MGM Grand, including a $500,000 wager on Wednesday. MGM Resorts oddsmaker Jay Rood, though, said the sheer volume of McGregor bets is overwhelming the big Mayweather bet.

Rood said his books have taken 6,700 bets on McGregor and only 300 on Mayweather. The average bet on McGregor is $125, while the average for Mayweather is $4,000.

If McGregor wins, Rood said MGM will be a big loser and the state will suffer its biggest single event loss ever.

A lot of large Mayweather bets are coming in late...including some in the million plus range. I think the Vegas types are breathing a little easier.

http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/20448655/1-million-bets-come-floyd-mayweather-ahead-conor-mcgregor-showdown

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2017, 04:40:51 PM »
The only way McGregor wins is if the fight is rigged. I think the Vegas books are safe.

If this was an MMA fight, would McGregor be as big a favorite as Mayweather is now?

In other words, who has a better chance at winning ... McGregor in a boxing match or Mayweather in an MMA fight?

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2017, 04:49:28 PM »
The same chance: i.e. Mayweather would be a 100-1 longshot in the octagon, just as McGregor (should be) a  100-1 longshot in the boxing ring.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2017, 10:22:30 PM »
The same chance: i.e. Mayweather would be a 100-1 longshot in the octagon, just as McGregor (should be) a  100-1 longshot in the boxing ring.

If this were an MMA fight, the odds would be @ something like McGregor -5000 if not higher.  Floyd, while possibly the best pound for pound fighter of all time, has always been a defensive fighter with not much power. (thus why CM has a sliver if a chance, because punching is punching, and due packs a wallop (but for reals is way too slow)  If this were an MMA fight, McGregor would honestly grapple him in the first 20 seconds, take him down, and it would be over.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2017, 12:42:02 AM »
Floyd controlled that entire fight. He could have ended it way earlier. I happen to believe it was a good "show" for a possible rematch

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2017, 09:25:49 AM »
Floyd controlled that entire fight. He could have ended it way earlier. I happen to believe it was a good "show" for a possible rematch

I didn't watch or read any reviews yet, but was surprised to see that it lasted 10 rounds. I sort of suspected Mayweather let it go that long.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2017, 09:35:54 AM »
A friend ended up getting the fight and a bunch of us watched it. I expected McGregor to go down in round 5-6, so he outperformed I suppose. It was more entertaining than I expected.

Also, McGregor should get a belt for post-fight interviewing. That was hysterical.