'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Vander gets deal with Lakers  (Read 20283 times)

Jay Bee

• All American
Re: Vander gets deal with Lakers
« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2017, 09:14:00 AM »
i get that...i work around those situations very frequently in my profession.  people give up essentially free $$$ because a good situation arises and they don't want to risk that situation not being there a year from now.  what TC said in his interview makes sense to me...he wanted to coach right away at a championship level university.  those schools weren't interested. 

as much as i despise the man...he isn't going to sit on his a$$.

^^^ Gullible
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2017, 09:27:03 AM »

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2017, 10:05:37 AM »
i get that...i work around those situations very frequently in my profession.  people give up essentially free $$$ because a good situation arises and they don't want to risk that situation not being there a year from now.  what TC said in his interview makes sense to me...he wanted to coach right away at a championship level university.  those schools weren't interested. 

Honestly, most coaches who are fired but still getting paid typically take at least a year off. They get to enjoy a year of being paid to do nothing, it gives time for the embarrassment of being fired (which could affect his job prospects) to fade, and it gives them time to do an effective job search. I doubt Crean had any interest in any of the job openings this year.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 10:58:42 AM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2017, 10:40:46 AM »

I was wrong. You didn't take the first step. You've gone backwards.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2017, 11:15:22 AM »
Honestly, most coaches who are fired but still getting paid typically take at least a year off. They get to enjoy a year of being paid to do nothing, it gives time for the embarrassment of being fired (which could affect his job prospects) to fade, and it gives them time to do an effective job search. I doubt Crean had any interest in any of the job openings this year.
the conversation started with me stating that crean was a prick, and then asking if he found work, as a means to show the schools HE said he'd be interested in coaching immediately for must not have had interest in him.  jay bee then decided to state that he solved this issue years ago...so i gave it back.  i'll stand by my belief that he'd take an OSU or GTown job if offered....today.  a butler level school...maybe not.  would crean lie...absolutely, that's why i refer to him as a prick.  i was simply using his own words against him. 

do i think he has a huge ego, and wants to ensure he ends up at a good school...absolutely.  do i think he cares more about his ego than his wallet...i do. 

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2017, 11:30:44 AM »
What is meant by a "two-way" contract?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2017, 11:33:27 AM »
What is meant by a "two-way" contract?

http://hoopshype.com/2017/07/19/hoopshype-explains-how-do-two-way-contracts-work/

"NBA rosters are capped out at a maximum 15 players (and a minimum of 12), and going forward teams will be allowed to have up to two additional flexible roster spots, bring the total to 17 players on an NBA roster.

The new setup is also extremely cost-effective for teams. Players under a two-way contract aren’t counted against the salary cap, and will be restricted free agents after their deal expires. A two-way contract can only be up to two years, and no bonuses, extra compensation or options for future years can be included. The NBA season is split into 170 days, and a player on a two-way deal can only spend 45 days with their NBA team receiving the minimum salary, which is set at $815,615 for the 2017-18 season. The rest of the 125 days, the player will be payed at the rate of their G League salary capped at $75,000. In a best case scenario, the salary math works out to roughly around $280,000."

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2017, 03:28:30 PM »
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2017, 04:06:05 PM »
I LOVE this!!!!!!!!

Missed one of the best, though.

I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2017, 05:07:15 PM »

And one of my favorites: 

Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2017, 10:05:55 PM »
Thanks, Sultan (of South Wayne?).

B. McBannerson

• Team Captain
« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2017, 09:40:55 AM »

I had that one, but trying to draw the line somewhere, though I'm sure I crossed it with some.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #64 on: September 06, 2017, 12:05:06 PM »
really hope vander gets that spot he deserves it

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #65 on: September 06, 2017, 07:40:09 PM »
really hope vander gets that spot he deserves it
I hope so too .
                       ---Al McGuire

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2017, 09:44:17 PM »
Congratulations to Buzz & Virginia Tech!
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2017, 08:17:07 AM »
Congratulations to Buzz & Virginia Tech!

Join the family, bro.

wadesworld

• All American
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #69 on: September 07, 2017, 10:44:40 AM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/Hokie_Hoops/status/905149506026647552
That's a hilarious reach and the replies are fantastic.  I'm half surprised Henry E isn't listed by them.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #70 on: September 07, 2017, 10:49:41 AM »
That's a hilarious reach and the replies are fantastic.  I'm half surprised Henry E isn't listed by them.

I mean. Buzz did help put all of them on the radar. Minus blue. He messed it all up on his own then redeemed it himself.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #71 on: September 19, 2017, 07:22:20 PM »
Vander just got recruited over. Looks like Lakers have a 15th player now. Best Vander can hope for is the last two way contract.
https://lakersoutsiders.com/2017/09/18/lakers-sign-andrew-bogut-one-year-deal/

---Al McGuire

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #72 on: September 20, 2017, 09:33:54 AM »
Vander just got recruited over. Looks like Lakers have a 15th player now. Best Vander can hope for is the last two way contract.
https://lakersoutsiders.com/2017/09/18/lakers-sign-andrew-bogut-one-year-deal/

According to this article, Blue's the heavy favorite to get that second two-way contract.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/sports/Lakers-Training-Camp-Roster-2017-18-445970363.html

"Under new NBA rules, each team is allowed to sign two extra players to two-way contracts. After a strong Summer League, point guard Alex Caruso claimed one of those highly coveted two-way contracts, and the likes of Briante Weber, Stephen Zimmerman and V.J. Beachem face an uphill climb to beat out Vander Blue for that second two-way contract.

Blue is the reigning MVP of the NBA Development League, which re-branded to the G-League after earning a sponsorship from Gatorade. So, the guard is the favorite to secure that extra contract, and Blue's strong play in a championship winning campaign in the 2017 Summer League surely helped the cause for third-year guard out of Marquette."

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #73 on: September 20, 2017, 12:47:09 PM »
According to this article, Blue's the heavy favorite to get that second two-way contract.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/sports/Lakers-Training-Camp-Roster-2017-18-445970363.html

"Under new NBA rules, each team is allowed to sign two extra players to two-way contracts. After a strong Summer League, point guard Alex Caruso claimed one of those highly coveted two-way contracts, and the likes of Briante Weber, Stephen Zimmerman and V.J. Beachem face an uphill climb to beat out Vander Blue for that second two-way contract.

Blue is the reigning MVP of the NBA Development League, which re-branded to the G-League after earning a sponsorship from Gatorade. So, the guard is the favorite to secure that extra contract, and Blue's strong play in a championship winning campaign in the 2017 Summer League surely helped the cause for third-year guard out of Marquette."

Lets hope he has a great training camp and earns that second two way contract.
                       ---Al McGuire

We R Final Four

• All American