[April 25, 2024, 10:03:37 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Uncle Rico
[April 25, 2024, 05:51:25 PM]

Campus camp-out with cool flags? by FreewaysBurnerAccount
[April 25, 2024, 04:52:25 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 25, 2024, 02:51:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Jeenathan Williams  (Read 4801 times)

jonny09

• Team Captain
Jeenathan Williams
« on: July 27, 2017, 07:48:47 PM »
If QG goes elsewhere do you think we would hold off on anyone else?  I know some of this has been discussed in the 343 pages of recruiting, but I'm just wondering about this Williams kid.  Are we interested at all?  Just wondering if this is a case of QG or bust.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
Re: Jeenathan Williams
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 07:52:45 PM »
If QG goes elsewhere do you think we would hold off on anyone else?  I know some of this has been discussed in the 343 pages of recruiting, but I'm just wondering about this Williams kid.  Are we interested at all?  Just wondering if this is a case of QG or bust.

Really cant see it
We have haani, sam, joey, bailey, and cain that all can play the 3.  2 of which would be in his class and both are rated significantly higher.  Saw video of him, good athlete not very skilled.  Jmho
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 07:57:20 PM »
I put the chances at approximately 0.01%

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2017, 09:14:36 PM »
Williams reminds me of Lamar Stevens. Our hat might end up on his table come announcement day, but I doubt it ends up on his head.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2017, 09:28:39 PM »
Williams reminds me of Lamar Stevens. Our hat might end up on his table come announcement day, but I doubt it ends up on his head.
Ha--well said.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2017, 09:33:28 PM »
Was he the one that said he was our number 1 target even though Joey is in his class?

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2017, 09:35:15 PM »
Was he the one that said he was our number 1 target even though Joey is in his class?

Correct.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2017, 09:42:43 PM »
I have seen Jeenathan Williams play in person several times. He is a Big East/ACC/Big Ten  quality player, his stock is rising and being heavily recruited.

That said we are full on scholarships and his ability is not materially different from the level of player we have on the roster or have recruited.  If Jeenathan is a guy who makes his decision in the spring AND some one on our roster has not worked out the way anticipated, then he is definitely worth signing.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2017, 09:43:54 PM »
Anybody else here remember Jeen-Boy Walton? How about our Big East rivalry against St. Jeen's?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2017, 10:08:50 PM »
I think we are all in on QG. No one else will be signed up unless we fall out of contention and we lose someone on the roster.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2017, 10:22:34 PM »
I think we are all in on QG. No one else will be signed up unless we fall out of contention and we lose someone on the roster.
A couple of interviews with Quentin over time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QrupIELKAc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHrWervwl4o

In the earlier one he mentions us but in the second he is more Kentucky focused and the Mom likes Kansas.

The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2017, 07:57:55 AM »
A couple of interviews with Quentin over time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QrupIELKAc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHrWervwl4o

In the earlier one he mentions us but in the second he is more Kentucky focused and the Mom likes Kansas.

Who's doing the interview is important. Kyle Tucker is a Kentucky insider so naturally he's going to focus on Kentucky in the interview. The other thing is that this video was shot before Joey Hauser committed. Wojo is trying to sell QG on a plan. One that involves him starting at the 2 alongside Howard and playing with studs like Morrow, Froling, and the Hausers and striving for a Final Four run his freshman season and a national championship run his sophomore season. Landing Joey is a big plus for our standing with Grimes. Still a LONG shot. His other four visits are likely to blue blooded Kentucky, Kansas, and Arizona, and local giant Texas. We would be the darkest of horses but if we can get a visit, we have a chance.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 08:44:16 AM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2017, 08:07:19 AM »
Who's doing the interview is important. Kyle Tucker is a Kentucky insider so naturally he's going to focus on Kentucky in the interview. The other thing is that this video was shot before Joey Hauser committed. Wojo is trying to sell QG on a plan. One that involves him starting at the 2 alongside Howard and playing with studs like Morrow, Froling, and the Hausers and striving for a Final Four run his freshman season and a national championship run his sophomore season. Landing Joey is a big plus for our standing with Grimes. Still a LONG shot. His other four visits are likely to blue blooded Kentucky, Kansas, and Kansas, and local giant Texas. We would be the darkest of horses but if we can get a visit, we have a chance.

It seems likely that Kansas has twice the shot of anyone else.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2017, 08:44:28 AM »
It seems likely that Kansas has twice the shot of anyone else.

Dammit.  Fixed
TAMU

MU82

• All American
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2017, 12:58:57 PM »
Who's doing the interview is important. Kyle Tucker is a Kentucky insider so naturally he's going to focus on Kentucky in the interview. The other thing is that this video was shot before Joey Hauser committed. Wojo is trying to sell QG on a plan. One that involves him starting at the 2 alongside Howard and playing with studs like Morrow, Froling, and the Hausers and striving for a Final Four run his freshman season and a national championship run his sophomore season. Landing Joey is a big plus for our standing with Grimes. Still a LONG shot. His other four visits are likely to blue blooded Kentucky, Kansas, and Arizona, and local giant Texas. We would be the darkest of horses but if we can get a visit, we have a chance.

So you're saying we have a chance!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

feedback