[Today at 04:47:36 PM]

NIL Future by Uncle Rico
[Today at 03:56:29 PM]

Shaka's 2023-2024 Season Accomplishments by LloydsLegs
[Today at 02:48:52 PM]

MU Gear by MUfan12
[Today at 01:31:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Hate Rankings  (Read 16699 times)

Marcus92

• All American
Re: Hate Rankings
« Reply #75 on: July 31, 2017, 10:21:45 AM »
Wisconsin has won the last two matchups. But we won 3 of the previous 4 games before that. So we're 3-3 the past 6 seasons — can't get much more competitive than that.

This year is the series centennial; MU and UW played for the first time in 1917. We've met Wisconsin more than any other opponent in program history. I'd love to run the Badgers out of their own gym this year and continue the punishment for another decade to even up the series (Wisconsin holds a 67-56 advantage all-time).
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #76 on: July 31, 2017, 10:24:58 AM »
Wisconsin has won the last two matchups. But we won 3 of the previous 4 games before that. So we're 3-3 the past 6 seasons — can't get much more competitive than that.

MU beat them at the KC two years ago, lost at home last year.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #77 on: July 31, 2017, 10:33:35 AM »
I never considered UW much of a rival in the Al era. Now that they are consistently competitive the game has more of a rivalry feel to it. I like where our program is relative to theirs at this point and believe we will do well over the course of next few years in this game.

Between 1969 and 1984, MU went 19-2 against Wisconsin — including a 15-game winning streak. You're right, not much of a rival then.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #78 on: July 31, 2017, 10:38:49 AM »
MU beat them at the KC two years ago, lost at home last year.

Oops. Thanks for correction. And I was at that game in Madison! How could I forget? Henry had a double-double and we shot the lights out as a team. The season seemed so promising at that point.

The series is tied 5-5 over the past 10 seasons.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #79 on: July 31, 2017, 12:03:30 PM »
My feelings on this topic have changed a great deal over the years. Sitting here today, the one team I always to see MU play, and beat, is Kentucky. Strong feelings on Kentucky since childhood and they still remain today. Honestly, the other hated teams have lost their hate for us and it takes away from the rivalry.

I recently rewatched the MU-Kentucky game that got us to the 2003 Final Four. That was a great team. Future NBA players in Wade, Diener and Novak. Good size underneath in Jackson and Merritt (who's underrated as a player in my opinion). Solid role players in Sanders, Townsend and Chapman. Wade and Jackson were an awesome 1-2 punch during the first half.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #80 on: August 01, 2017, 03:14:10 PM »
I'm coaching at Hornets camp this week and they trotted out former role player Matt Carroll to talk to the kids a little bit.

Afterward, I went up to him, shook his hand and said, "I guess you went to Notre Dame because you couldn't get into Marquette, right?" He laughed and we chatted a little about the old rivalry.

He was a senior the year we went to the Final Four, and they killed us in December that season. Carroll had 14 pts and 7 rebs against us. Went on to average about 7 points in the NBA and make almost $30 million over a 10-year career. Not bad.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #81 on: August 01, 2017, 07:31:21 PM »
I'm coaching at Hornets camp this week and they trotted out former role player Matt Carroll to talk to the kids a little bit.

Afterward, I went up to him, shook his hand and said, "I guess you went to Notre Dame because you couldn't get into Marquette, right?" He laughed and we chatted a little about the old rivalry.

He was a senior the year we went to the Final Four, and they killed us in December that season. Carroll had 14 pts and 7 rebs against us. Went on to average about 7 points in the NBA and make almost $30 million over a 10-year career. Not bad.

Matt who? 

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #82 on: August 01, 2017, 08:14:05 PM »

Let them go ahead and rot for the foreseeable future. Couldn't care less if they won single digit games for the next 20 years.
They won't. You couldn't care less if we lose single digit games to Bucky the next 20 years? Am I missing something? I understand you are Chicago first, MU second......but this is bizarre.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #83 on: August 01, 2017, 09:05:25 PM »

Calling a Cheeks name drop....and was Matt picking his nose with his ring finger?  Who was the Domer that liked the Ganja?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #84 on: August 01, 2017, 09:52:40 PM »
Calling a Cheeks name drop.

Well, I didn't say I knew Matt Carroll. I said he happened to be speaking to a kids basketball camp I'm coaching at this week, and then I gave a little anecdote.

So yeah, exactly the same as chicos talking about all of his close personal friends.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #85 on: August 01, 2017, 09:53:37 PM »
Matt who?

Matt The One Who Earned $30 Million As An NBA Player Which Might Not Be As Much As You Earned But Oh Well.

That's who!

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #86 on: August 01, 2017, 10:43:20 PM »
They won't. You couldn't care less if we lose single digit games to Bucky the next 20 years? Am I missing something? I understand you are Chicago first, MU second......but this is bizarre.

I couldnt care less if Wisconsin won single digit games per season for the next 20 years?

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #87 on: August 01, 2017, 11:28:34 PM »
Well, I didn't say I knew Matt Carroll. I said he happened to be speaking to a kids basketball camp I'm coaching at this week, and then I gave a little anecdote.

So yeah, exactly the same as chicos talking about all of his close personal friends.

feedback