[April 23, 2024, 09:42:02 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 23, 2024, 09:23:41 PM]

Best case scenarios by Frenns Liquor Depot
[April 23, 2024, 03:55:21 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 23, 2024, 11:02:10 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Theo is a Bad Man  (Read 12630 times)

Galway Eagle

• All American
Re: Theo is a Bad Man
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2017, 07:48:39 AM »
First thing noticed in this clip is he kept the ball in play after the block instead of swatting it out of bounds.

In some interview with Jimmy Mac he noted that players never do that anymore opting for highlight reel blocks instead.
Maigh Eo for Sam

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2017, 07:59:24 AM »
Again, we talked about a step back maybe.  But if Theo can do some of that our rim protection will take a major leap forward.  On offense, I'll be keenly interested to see who can move his feet and also move the ball effectively in the post. We know we can space the floor.  If we can go out, in, out, swish.....

Big Daddy 84

• Team Captain
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2017, 08:01:49 AM »
Met Ed yesterday for the first time, very polite, actually soft spoken.  He Sacar are hanging together.  Joey was in town on Monday for a few hours.  The team was all psyched.  There is no doubt who the "captain" is this year.  It is Andrew, he is a great young man and he is taken the leadership role to heart. 

To clarify on Theo, I am not predicting he is going to be an AA or POY, but with him (and ultimately EM too) we are not going to see teams coming down the lane and not meeting resistance.  Also we are not going to see opponents getting 2-3 offensive rebounds in a single possession.

Wojo and his staff have put a BE roster together.  He had a plan/vision and now we are seeing it.  But we should be most proud of is that the character of team.  He is teaching them to be good men, good fathers, etc.  When you talk to them they stand at parade rest mode, look you in the eye, are in the moment with you.  They are just regular guys that want to work hard towards a collective goal.  No attitude that somehow they are better than anyone else or deserve special treatment.

I love this group of players,  I think they will have success on the court, but regardless I will be rooting for them with all my heart.

Finally on a down note, they team, especially Andrew and Markus are so sad that Travis is leaving.  They had formed a very close relationship.  I expect Travis will return some day to the program.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2017, 08:09:27 AM »
Thanks BD.  I'm sure the guys will miss Travis.  But I agree with you that he'll be back.  Just wanted one more opportunity to ball a little.  And on the plus side, his connections will make it easier for a bunch of guys to make some decent coin if the NBA never calls.  Do you know if his family is staying behind here?  I could find out but if you know off the top of your head.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2017, 08:10:05 AM »
He Sacar are hanging together

At least someone found Sacar.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2017, 08:10:30 AM »
I don't mean this in a bad way, but your discription of Wojo's team character reminds me of Bumstead's character revealed stuff, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2017, 08:53:12 AM »
He was #71 in the 2016 RSCI, small, reclassified after 3 years of HS, ZERO of his Team USA 17U teammates played college basketball last season, didn't put up "outrageous numbers" at Findlay, SI/Luke Winn's Marquette player projections didn't even acknowledge him.

You're re-writing history and it's a lie!

Nonetheless, when people comment that Theo is a bad man, they're likely referring to what's been explained long ago -- physically he's a specimen who gives MU an inside physical preference that has been missing for a long time, NOT that he will put up insane numbers and earn awards for being the best in the NCAA in a statistical category.

Be patient. Appreciate that he is a bad, nasty man... enjoy the physicality, toughness, rebounding, blocks/alters and occasionally jams off put backs & dump offs.

So Luke, Henry, Outle, and even Jamil don't count on this score?  Or they all played a "long time" ago.

I thought MU had no problem finding big bodies to eat space in the middle of the floor.  The problem is they don't do much more than that.

Basketball is now a world of 3 or 4 guys standing behind the arc and launching.  See one of the best 3-point shooting teams in the NCAA (MU).  A giant monster in the middle that cannot create a shot or make a move to the hole is of diminished value.

(Again, I'm a fan, and I want John to be everything everyone hopes, just asking the question).

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2017, 09:07:02 AM »
I don't mean this in a bad way, but your discription of Wojo's team character reminds me of Bumstead's character revealed stuff, ai na?

Some one slip some Wheaties in with your Corn Flakes?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2017, 09:22:01 AM »
Appropriate to use real English when it's a serious topic, I'm pissed off, or just feel like it, hey?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 09:23:55 AM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2017, 09:29:19 AM »
He was #71 in the 2016 RSCI, small, reclassified after 3 years of HS, ZERO of his Team USA 17U teammates played college basketball last season, didn't put up "outrageous numbers" at Findlay, SI/Luke Winn's Marquette player projections didn't even acknowledge him.

Nonetheless, when people comment that Theo is a bad man, they're likely referring to what's been explained long ago -- physically he's a specimen who gives MU an inside physical preference that has been missing for a long time, NOT that he will put up insane numbers and earn awards for being the best in the NCAA in a statistical category.

Be patient. Appreciate that he is a bad, nasty man... enjoy the physicality, toughness, rebounding, blocks/alters and occasionally jams off put backs & dump offs.

Exactly.  JB, you've seen him play a ton.  Can he do that well enough from day one to give us a solid 15 minutes as a Frosh?  Because in conference I'd really like to be able to get Sammy some real time at the #3.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2017, 09:40:12 AM »
Met Ed yesterday for the first time, very polite, actually soft spoken.  He Sacar are hanging together. 

Wonder if Sacar intentionally sought him out since he just got over sitting out a year without playing. 

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2017, 10:04:40 AM »
So Luke, Henry, Outle, and even Jamil don't count on this score?  Or they all played a "long time" ago.

I thought MU had no problem finding big bodies to eat space in the middle of the floor.  The problem is they don't do much more than that.

Basketball is now a world of 3 or 4 guys standing behind the arc and launching.  See one of the best 3-point shooting teams in the NCAA (MU).  A giant monster in the middle that cannot create a shot or make a move to the hole is of diminished value.

(Again, I'm a fan, and I want John to be everything everyone hopes, just asking the question).

The thing is, Luke and Henry are not physical big men by any means.  Otule was Otule.  Not a force by any stretch of the imagination.  Jamil was our 4 because he was one of the taller players on the team at that time.  Also not a physical player.  I'd say 3-point shooting is more crucial in the NBA currently.  It's transitioning to college, but teams need skilled, physical big men.  MU of all teams should know it all too well.

Tha Hound

• All American
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2017, 10:09:47 AM »

It's not re-writing history to say that almost everyone tuned into the program thought a highly sought after team USA player was going to be huge for our team.

Knight Commission

• All American
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2017, 10:11:22 AM »
Big Daddy did not believe in Jimmy Butler as a player his first year at Marquette....stated as such on this site; he wont deny.  Not sure he has an eye for talent but hope he is right this time, and think he is right ;)

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2017, 10:14:05 AM »
Appropriate to use real English when it's a serious topic, I'm pissed off, or just feel like it, hey?

Gud 2 here, kin. Taut u vent uff da vagen, ai-na?

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2017, 10:36:17 AM »
Met Ed yesterday for the first time, very polite, actually soft spoken.  He Sacar are hanging together.  Joey was in town on Monday for a few hours.  The team was all psyched.  There is no doubt who the "captain" is this year.  It is Andrew, he is a great young man and he is taken the leadership role to heart. 

To clarify on Theo, I am not predicting he is going to be an AA or POY, but with him (and ultimately EM too) we are not going to see teams coming down the lane and not meeting resistance.  Also we are not going to see opponents getting 2-3 offensive rebounds in a single possession.

Wojo and his staff have put a BE roster together.  He had a plan/vision and now we are seeing it.  But we should be most proud of is that the character of team.  He is teaching them to be good men, good fathers, etc.  When you talk to them they stand at parade rest mode, look you in the eye, are in the moment with you.  They are just regular guys that want to work hard towards a collective goal.  No attitude that somehow they are better than anyone else or deserve special treatment.

I love this group of players,  I think they will have success on the court, but regardless I will be rooting for them with all my heart.

Finally on a down note, they team, especially Andrew and Markus are so sad that Travis is leaving.  They had formed a very close relationship.  I expect Travis will return some day to the program.

Is it November yet!?!?!

Man summer goes slow when your baseball team sucks nuts.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2017, 10:59:11 AM »
It's not re-writing history to say that almost everyone tuned into the program thought a highly sought after team USA player was going to be huge for our team.

Yes it is. Who said this? Where is it? You can find me saying it... after that....?
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Big Daddy 84

• Team Captain
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2017, 11:34:11 AM »
Big Daddy did not believe in Jimmy Butler as a player his first year at Marquette....stated as such on this site; he wont deny.  Not sure he has an eye for talent but hope he is right this time, and think he is right ;)

KC you are 100% right and JFB never lets me forget this. 

Other  big mistakes (not necessarily in order):

1) BETA vs VHS
2) Calling 7-8 UW football players a bunch of punks, when I was 23 and was alone.  I did take my beating like a man. It was the summer of 85 and they were acting like punks and it was after the NFL draft and the badgers had lost a low level bowl game the year before  but had ~10 players drafted, 3 in the first round and 2 in the top 10.  So i asked with with all that talent why they did not do better,  was it the coaching or did they rest of the team suck.   I earned my beating. 
3) Low fat frozen yogurt is low in calories
4) That Al would appreciate me knocking on his hotel door at 2 AM in the four season in Ames for the BIG 10 vs ACC challenge.  Defense: I still drank back then.
5) Drinking old Milwaukee light.  Directly related to #2 and #4.
6) Waiting way to long to marry the love of my life.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2017, 11:45:40 AM »
Yes it is. Who said this? Where is it? You can find me saying it... after that....?

This guy.

How many sub 5'10" types do we need? None. How many do we want? If they're as good as Rowsey and Howard, I'll take like 5 of them on my team.

I'm sure I had many more posts that went into my excitement for Howard, but don't feel like searching through more of my post history than right around his commitment date.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jtyranny

• Walk-On
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2017, 11:48:00 AM »
KC you are 100% right and JFB never lets me forget this. 

Other  big mistakes (not necessarily in order):

1) BETA vs VHS
2) Calling 7-8 UW football players a bunch of punks, when I was 23 and was alone.  I did take my beating like a man. It was the summer of 85 and they were acting like punks and it was after the NFL draft and the badgers had lost a low level bowl game the year before  but had ~10 players drafted, 3 in the first round and 2 in the top 10.  So i asked with with all that talent why they did not do better,  was it the coaching or did they rest of the team suck.   I earned my beating. 
3) Low fat frozen yogurt is low in calories
4) That Al would appreciate me knocking on his hotel door at 2 AM in the four season in Ames for the BIG 10 vs ACC challenge.  Defense: I still drank back then.
5) Drinking old Milwaukee light.  Directly related to #2 and #4.
6) Waiting way to long to marry the love of my life.

This may be one of the best posts... ever.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2017, 12:23:54 PM »
So Pops, yer 55yo, and Ames has a Four Seasons, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2017, 09:26:42 AM »
Fondness for Old Milwaukee light? That could lead one to suspect your entire judgmental system.

DoggyDaddy

• Team Captain
  • We're Warriors son, not Beagles.
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2017, 11:56:23 AM »
Old Milwaukee Light is what gets collected in the gutters on Wells street after an evening shower. Never tasted it but my guess is that it is step up in taste from the can.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2017, 02:31:57 PM »

In Big Daddy I trust. Toast of a Guinnes in St. Kitts to u!
Goal is National Championship

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2017, 02:41:10 PM »
In Big Daddy I trust. Toast of a Guinnes in St. Kitts to u!

Shouldn't guys like you go to Canada for vacation?

feedback