Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: JOEY TO MU!  (Read 67150 times)

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Re: JOEY TO MU!
« Reply #325 on: July 25, 2017, 04:28:47 PM »
Cheesy, our scholarship slots are full and Herro has committed elsewhere.  So we're about as interested in discussing him as we are chatting about Kostas.  Have a nice day.
............We always have time for a little Kostas chat....
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #326 on: July 25, 2017, 04:29:28 PM »
This thread  ;D

"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #327 on: July 25, 2017, 04:45:46 PM »
This thread  ;D

To do my part.......

I went over to Buckyville just to see how this was going down.  Which one of y'all is Eugene on their board?

Also.....please stop Eugene.  It's not a good look.

TVDirector

• All American
« Reply #328 on: July 25, 2017, 04:49:55 PM »
I'd like to apologize to you Cheesy on behalf of the board here.  I get hammered too and at end of the day I am an MU fan as well.  Way so over UW.  I agree with you on Herro to an extent but he is committed to UW for now.  Rumblings are he may opt to switch out and as Freeport said I think earlier in week he will go to much more prestigious program than MU if he goes.  I'm hearing Kentucky, Duke or AZ as well if he opts out.  Again, I look over to the left and see only 4 teams below MU in conference from last year and Fischer at top of player of the game from last season.  Why would Herro come here???  These guys are way too into a program that carries that record.  I'm an MU fan but not a die hard like them.  MU sweaters are a little too tight and they get a little too warm and fired up during "jump around" song during games with their alum leader......"sir dork" (guy always on tv)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #329 on: July 25, 2017, 05:04:06 PM »
To do my part.......

I went over to Buckyville just to see how this was going down.  Which one of y'all is Eugene on their board?

Also.....please stop Eugene.  It's not a good look.

No idea if true but badger fans think it's Chico's.  I guess he's known over there due trolling. Reading his posts it honestly doesn't seem like him but who knows.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #330 on: July 25, 2017, 05:07:05 PM »
I'd like to apologize to you Cheesy on behalf of the board here.  I get hammered too and at end of the day I am an MU fan as well.

1) You don't get to speak for the rest of the board until after a full season of posting. That means you need to wait until April with regular posts before making sweeping generalizations.

2) You don't get to complain about how poorly your are treated until after a minimum of two seasons while also sidetracking at least six threads. That's the Ners contingency.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #331 on: July 25, 2017, 05:08:45 PM »
1) You don't get to speak for the rest of the board until after a full season of posting. That means you need to wait until April with regular posts before making sweeping generalizations.

2) You don't get to complain about how poorly your are treated until after a minimum of two seasons while also sidetracking at least six threads. That's the Ners contingency.

3) You can only have an opinion that is valid after making it through at least one of: (a) Hiroshima; or (b) tin-foil hat fests. Then your opinion is a donedeal
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #332 on: July 25, 2017, 05:59:45 PM »
Cheesy, our scholarship slots are full and Herro has committed elsewhere.  So we're about as interested in discussing him as we are chatting about Kostas.  Have a nice day.
Speaking of Kostas. How's his neck looking these days? Have we fired Wojo for not signing him yet?

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #333 on: July 25, 2017, 06:47:17 PM »

4. You can't speak for the board as a split personality unless you've had at least one imagined beer summit
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #334 on: July 25, 2017, 07:44:26 PM »
4. You can't speak for the board as a split personality unless you've had at least one imagined beer summit

And, 5) Rode on "It's a Small World" with new said internet bestie.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #335 on: July 25, 2017, 09:32:17 PM »
Speaking of Kostas. How's his neck looking these days? Have we fired Wojo for not signing him yet?

Kostas is grateful he isn't coming to Marquette to be de-motivated by Wojo.

It's why Wojo can't get any good recruits to the school.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #336 on: July 25, 2017, 10:08:14 PM »
His neck has improved. Unfortunately he suffered a broken tibia playing in the U 20 in Greece and may be out for the season.

Wojo did not have the opportunity to sign Kostas because of his academic issues and we had Ike , Theo and Frohling already in the mix. I think it was a case of our needs and Kostas circumstances not lining up.

Hopefully we can be in the mix for his younger brother Alexis.

http://hoopshype.com/2017/05/26/giannis-antetokounmpo-brother-wisconsin-high-school/
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #337 on: July 25, 2017, 10:22:13 PM »
His neck has improved. Unfortunately he suffered a broken tibia playing in the U 20 in Greece and may be out for the season.

Wojo did not have the opportunity to sign Kostas because of his academic issues and we had Ike , Theo and Frohling already in the mix. I think it was a case of our needs and Kostas circumstances not lining up.

Hopefully we can be in the mix for his younger brother Alexis.

http://hoopshype.com/2017/05/26/giannis-antetokounmpo-brother-wisconsin-high-school/
And so it begins,
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #338 on: July 25, 2017, 10:31:02 PM »
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #339 on: July 25, 2017, 10:36:15 PM »
And so it begins,
It is the summer we need to have some topics to discuss.
                       ---Al McGuire

fjm

• All American
« Reply #340 on: July 26, 2017, 12:25:55 AM »

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #341 on: July 26, 2017, 05:11:00 AM »
No idea if true but badger fans think it's Chico's.  I guess he's known over there due trolling. Reading his posts it honestly doesn't seem like him but who knows.

no idea if this is a little "chico derangement" going on.  i would suspect it more with the vermin, but we do seem to have a few of the same types round these parts as well, hmmmmmmm. 

my well placed sources tell me this is a bunch of hock-looey and chico hasn't been sighted in those parts for a long-long time.  his influence must hover like a specter over there as well.  keeping in mind that some of those posting over there held timothy leary in high regard
don't...don't don't don't don't

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #342 on: July 26, 2017, 05:43:37 AM »
no idea if this is a little "chico derangement" going on.  i would suspect it more with the vermin, but we do seem to have a few of the same types round these parts as well, hmmmmmmm. 

my well placed sources tell me this is a bunch of hock-looey and chico hasn't been sighted in those parts for a long-long time.  his influence must hover like a specter over there as well.  keeping in mind that some of those posting over there held timothy leary in high regard

Who is this Chico you speak of?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #343 on: July 26, 2017, 05:50:41 AM »
  " my fellow Alumni is why Tyler Herro is great and most likely the best player this state has ever seen. "

don't...don't don't don't don't

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #344 on: July 26, 2017, 05:54:45 AM »
willie warrior
UW Whitewater has no dashes, and is the Alabama of D3 football. Never could afford the glorified tuition of MU because had to pay my own way
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #345 on: July 26, 2017, 06:31:47 AM »

This is simply wrong. Kostas committed in June 2016. Ike Eke committed only 4 days earlier, Theo John wouldn't commit for another 3 months, and Harry Froling hadn't even enrolled at SMU yet, much less been "already in the mix".

Marquette didn't pursue Kostas because they didn't want him. Maybe academics played a part, but MU never had serious involvement, and if they thought there was a high level talent just a few minutes up I-43, they would've at least looked into getting him eligible.

Maybe Kostas will surprise, but based on the involvement of high major programs (or rather lack thereof), it seems a lot more likely he simply isn't that good.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #346 on: July 26, 2017, 07:14:32 AM »
But...but...Hoopshype called Kostas a four star recruit in their article!!!
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #347 on: July 26, 2017, 08:36:59 AM »
Very sad how I get bashed by my fellow Alumni here. I think my posts are very informative and straight to the point. I am happy about Joey bottom line. I am not a troll. I want to beat UW bad the next 4-5 years. I love MU.

I am also realistic about Herro's greatness and realize getting by him is the main hurdle for MU's program. With Herro and Hauser brothers I think we could have seriously contended for a National Title.

I think Herro's dad gets bad rap on here also. He made his kid work from third grade up. He wasn't some helicopter parent that was constantly coddling his kid. He didn't let his kid ever receive a participation trophy. No entitlements or privilege here and that my fellow Alumni is why Tyler Herro is great and most likely the best player this state has ever seen.
This just gets better and better
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #348 on: July 26, 2017, 08:47:51 AM »
  my well placed sources tell me this is a bunch of hock-looey and chico hasn't been sighted in those parts for a long-long time. 
Your sources have certainly been deadly accurate regarding where chicos posts
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #349 on: July 26, 2017, 09:05:57 AM »
What were the usernames of prior posters like Cheesy?  I don't remember any of the Dawsons on here.

feedback