[April 19, 2024, 11:23:24 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:09:03 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Matty V off MU Beat  (Read 11435 times)

cheebs09

• All American
Re: Matty V off MU Beat
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2017, 06:24:51 AM »
$ where your mouth is challenge:If anyone can do a comprehensive and insightful review of a Marquette game then you should be able to produce an original article within 12 hours of the first regular season game.  Watch the first game and the presser then provide an article.  That gives you 10+ hours more than Matt (or even Mike H) would have to provide a recap. 

Easy $50 tab at your favorite bar if more than 4 Scoopers agree you did better than whomever replaces Matt.  Cool?

That's dangerous. Didn't Enlund post the box score or a one sentence recap?

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2017, 08:10:58 AM »
This is like feeding candy to a Paint Touches baby.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2017, 09:22:17 AM »
I can get you a game report 10 minutes after the final buzzer  ;)

Whether it's good or not is another question.
Heisy specific challenge.  My oldest will be 11 when the season starts I may have him do a recap after the first game so we can have a 3 way comparison:  Heisy vs. new MU beat reporter vs. a 12 year old. 

My kid is pretty bright but i'm guessing he comes in 3rd.  However, $50 at Foo's Fabulous Frozen Custard would go a long way.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2017, 09:39:34 AM »
Problem is you need an objective judge. I'd probably nominate the scoop power couple to be in charge.

Major deductions taken for accuracy mistakes.

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2017, 09:49:32 AM »
Problem is you need an objective judge. I'd probably nominate the scoop power couple to be in charge.

Hoop and Chicos?  Keefe and Haikus?  Muguru and existential panic?

fjm

• All American
« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2017, 09:58:09 AM »

I'll judge I have no idea what I'll base it off of but if you sneak in a "Razzle Dazzle" or "Boom-Shaka-Laka" or a "He's on fire!" Reference in there, you'll likely win my vote.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2017, 10:07:16 AM »

Major deductions taken for accuracy mistakes. alternative facts

Maigh Eo for Sam

oldwarrior81

• All American
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2017, 10:31:44 AM »
is "Boom Goes the Dynamite" trademarked?
as in:
..and later he gets the rebound...  passes it to the man, and BOOM goes the dynamite!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 10:37:41 AM by oldwarrior81 »

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2017, 10:45:55 AM »
Once as an oversight in forgetting the link.  the whine here was I posted too  much of articles and should leave it at the link.

And everytime I posted something that Marty V did,  it's because he was an accurate stenographer on something he was told in the press conference. Something anyone over the age of 12 could do.

Go to Marquette game in Throw a dart.  Who's ever ass it hits could probably do a better job ... unless that dart hit wades, then it just hit an ass.

I had briefly considered giving this thread the Benny Seal of Approval, but it's clear there's no trolling for the sake of trolling going on here... this is just plain sad and/or angry talk.  Sangrytalk.

I don't know how anyone with an IQ > a chipmunk could look at even the last 10 years of MU beat reporting and summarily discount the job that Matty V has done over the past three years as something a 12 year-old could do.  Journalism isn't about what someone can do, it's about what someone actually does.  Hell, I'm living proof that any idiot here can imitate a third-tier ESPN basketball writer when the occasion arises, but are we going to do it every day?  Would any of you actually put the effort in?  Are we going to jump on planes and fly to over a dozen different cities over a span of five months - not to mention show up early and stay late at the BC for every cupcake - for the miserable salary a sports journalist makes?

Sure, there are people who would kill for the job of a sports journalist, but that's because it's nothing more than a "grass is greener" job... most will lose their thirst for blood shortly after initiation, and then we end up with guys like Hunt and Enlund.  Be thankful for what we had once in Rosiak and, more recently, Matty V.... two guys who actually did their job (and the cohones to slap their picture on everything they wrote).
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2017, 11:08:57 AM »
I had briefly considered giving this thread the Benny Seal of Approval, but it's clear there's no trolling for the sake of trolling going on here... this is just plain sad and/or angry talk.  Sangrytalk.

I don't know how anyone with an IQ > a chipmunk could look at even the last 10 years of MU beat reporting and summarily discount the job that Matty V has done over the past three years as something a 12 year-old could do.  Journalism isn't about what someone can do, it's about what someone actually does.  Hell, I'm living proof that any idiot here can imitate a third-tier ESPN basketball writer when the occasion arises, but are we going to do it every day?  Would any of you actually put the effort in?  Are we going to jump on planes and fly to over a dozen different cities over a span of five months - not to mention show up early and stay late at the BC for every cupcake - for the miserable salary a sports journalist makes?

Sure, there are people who would kill for the job of a sports journalist, but that's because it's nothing more than a "grass is greener" job... most will lose their thirst for blood shortly after initiation, and then we end up with guys like Hunt and Enlund.  Be thankful for what we had once in Rosiak and, more recently, Matty V.... two guys who actually did their job (and the cohones to slap their picture on everything they wrote).

TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2017, 12:36:25 PM »
Heisy - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - March 17, 2017

Marquette losses to South Carolina in NCAA first round.  Here's Sam Hauser's line:
MIN   FG   3FG   FT   OFF   DEF   REB   AST   STL   BLK   TO   PF   PTS
Hauser   32   4-7   2-4   2-2   2   2   4   0   0   0   0   4   12

Thoughts?

**Credit AP and ESPN

Heisy is good peoples and gets his balls busted a lot, but I laughed out loud when I read this post.  Well done, lad.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2017, 12:56:51 PM »
Hoop and Chicos?  Keefe and Haikus? Muguru and existential panic?

I laughed so hard at this people came to check on me at work

"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

NWarsh

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2017, 03:21:15 PM »

Perfectly said!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2017, 09:52:56 PM »

Yep.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

feedback