[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by BrewCity83
[Today at 04:40:04 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Dr. Blackheart
[Today at 04:38:52 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Just watched the video...  (Read 6983 times)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Just watched the video...
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2017, 08:45:32 PM »
Arguing about Crean at this point is petty to the point of absolute stupidity. He helped us improve our program, he left. Who freaking cares anymore? Smacks of a pretty sad fanbase when you can't move on a decade later. Makes as much sense as disparaging Majerus or O'Neill.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2017, 09:06:26 PM »
Arguing about Crean at this point is petty to the point of absolute stupidity. He helped us improve our program, he left. Who freaking cares anymore? Smacks of a pretty sad fanbase when you can't move on a decade later. Makes as much sense as disparaging Majerus or O'Neill.

Calling people petty and absolutely stupid because they want to tackle a subject that you (in your infinite wisdom) deem "closed" is arrogance beyond the pale. If the subject is settled for you, fine. No need for you to discuss it then - kindly butt out.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 09:08:27 PM by Lennys Tap »

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2017, 09:40:07 PM »
Actually, unless Crean is in the running to take Wojo's job, the subject is closed. Beating the dead horse is nothing more than that.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2017, 10:34:15 PM »
Actually, unless Crean is in the running to take Wojo's job, the subject is closed. Beating the dead horse is nothing more than that.

Well, you have your fair share of posts opining on past events (beating a dead horse, nothing more than that, doncha' know?) that are settled. But I guess settled isn't "closed" unless you say it is. I was unaware someone died and made you king.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2017, 10:36:41 PM »
Off the top of my head I don't know what Wade's recruiting ranking was coming out of high school.....but I do know this. Crean's guess of "outside the top 500" is a lot closer to accurate than whatever ranking MSK would give Luke!
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2017, 11:39:39 PM »
Off the top of my head I don't know what Wade's recruiting ranking was coming out of high school.....but I do know this. Crean's guess of "outside the top 500" is a lot closer to accurate than whatever ranking MSK would give Luke!

That was poor, just plain poor.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2017, 08:13:27 AM »
Calling people petty and absolutely stupid because they want to tackle a subject that you (in your infinite wisdom) deem "closed" is arrogance beyond the pale. If the subject is settled for you, fine. No need for you to discuss it then - kindly butt out.

As I said before, those who are constantly on here bitching about Crean show more about their character than anything.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2017, 09:28:44 AM »
Surprised no 4ever, u ok doc?
Goal is National Championship

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2017, 09:43:54 AM »

As I said before, those who are constantly on here bitching about Crean show more about their character than anything.

+1

Though I guess it shouldn't surprise me. I recall in the late 00's when the rivalry with UW was at its peak in terms of both programs being regular tourney teams and ranked, a Badger fan said to me that Marquette fans couldn't help but to always live in the past. Looking at how we adhere to Warriors, the constant droning about how all the players from the 60s and 70s were better than anyone today (only Wade ever gets a pass), and the regular disparaging of any coach that dared to leave our program, I hate to say I agree with that.

Maybe this is all because it's the offseason and there's not much new news, maybe it's because Hoopla was a celebration of that past, maybe it's because our most promising seasons on paper in this century have ended with a whimper (2003's loss to KU, 2009 w James' injury, 2014's utter capitulation), I don't know.

Discussing the past is one thing, but turning decades old events into an argument is just inane. Maybe for some the past is all they have, but I'm really trying to look forward. As chick said recently, the season can't come soon enough.

EDIT: And I won't deny I've done the same in the past, but nothing wrong with trying to improve yourself and the environment around you.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 11:12:45 AM by brewcity77 »

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2017, 10:38:21 AM »
Surprised no 4ever, u ok doc?

I'm hear kin. Busier den chit, butt neva sew occupied ta spill da truth, hey?     Crean sucks
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2017, 08:12:25 PM »

I'm hear kin. Busier den chit, butt neva sew occupied ta spill da truth, hey?     Crean sucks
Keep pulling them teeth
Goal is National Championship

feedback