[Today at 10:45:04 AM]

NCSTATE is evil by tower912
[Today at 10:37:58 AM]

Where is Marquette? by Scoop Snoop
[Today at 10:10:34 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Viper
[Today at 09:52:10 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: JFB to the T Wolves  (Read 27287 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: JFB to the T Wolves
« Reply #125 on: June 23, 2017, 03:43:47 PM »
Guess JB learnt good in English class, ai na?

197.4k likes
8,910 comments
Chicago, What can I say?! I truly struggle with the words because you've been so much more than just my home for the last 6 years, you've been my life! You've embraced me like a son and pushed me to get better every day, every season. I can honestly say that I have always been incredibly motivated to succeed; it's just the way I'm built. But I know I owe so much to the person I am now, and to the player that I've become, to you. You always pushed me to never give anything less than my absolute best night in, night out. That's what you expected. That's what you deserved. And, I hope you know that's what I dedicated my life to every time I walked into the facility or stepped on the floor of the United Center. Thank you to the entire Bulls organization and Reinsdorf Family for taking a chance on me in 2011 and for giving me the opportunity to play the sport I love for such a great franchise. I'll never forget the feeling I had when I was drafted and when I played my first minutes. It's an experience that I wouldn't have wanted with any other team and I'm so thankful to you for giving me that opportunity. Chicago, I love you. Thanks for embracing a kid from Tomball like one of your own. On to a new home and a new organization. Thankfully, with some familiar faces! PS... AND PROBABLY MOST IMPORTANT! THANK YOU TO EVERYBODY BEHIND THE ORGANIZATION THAT DO NOT GET THE SHINE THAT THEY DESERVE!! YALL ARE THE REAL ALL-STARS!! - Jimmy G. Buckets (@staceyking21 )
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #126 on: June 23, 2017, 04:09:20 PM »
Wrong person  ::)

Umm brewcity I think you're going after the wrong youngin on here.

Yeah............

That's my bad  :-[

This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #127 on: June 23, 2017, 04:21:05 PM »
Kevin Pelton's trade that was great for both teams before the draft was JFB for Jae, Tyler Zeller (salary dump), #3 pick and either next years lakers pick or 2019 kings pick.   So that's what the analytics people were saying was a fair trade for BOTH sides.

Bulls traded Jimmy like he was a sunk cost, not an asset. They could have made this same deal after next season. Tanking only goes so far in the NBA with the lottery.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #128 on: June 23, 2017, 04:22:30 PM »
Kevin Pelton's trade that was great for both teams before the draft was JFB for Jae, Tyler Zeller (salary dump), #3 pick and either next years lakers pick or 2019 kings pick.   So that's what the analytics people were saying was a fair trade for BOTH sides.

Bulls traded Jimmy like he was a sunk cost, not an asset. They could have made this same deal after next season. Tanking only goes so far in the NBA with the lottery.

I can assure you the Celtics were not giving that up.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #129 on: June 23, 2017, 04:54:09 PM »
I can assure you the Celtics were not giving that up.

Celtics wouldn't move #3 OR Jae.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #130 on: June 23, 2017, 05:06:37 PM »
Celtics wouldn't move #3 OR Jae.

Exactly, for whatever reason the Celtics did not want to move Jae.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #131 on: June 23, 2017, 05:25:39 PM »
Jimmy was third team All NBA. Again, it was the value returned. Desperation by GarPax

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #132 on: June 24, 2017, 01:57:43 AM »
I really want to know the how/why the 16th pick got put into this deal.

If you're going to tank, why the hell aren't you hanging on to Jordan Bell?

Ughhhhhhhh, I hate this team.

When I was stuck in traffic coming back into the city today, I heard ESPN1000 replay interviews with both Paxson and Gar from earlier today.  Gar said nothing but stupidity and generalities.  However, Paxson made me want to never attend another Bulls game until they are gone.

Paraphrasing: "We werent going to move him unless something of this great caliber of return came along.  You guys don't know the real market for players in the league, the media knows nothing."  Basically trying to rave about the return they got.  And then got VERY pissy and bitchy when Silvy asked why a rebuilding team would sell a high second round pick and said its not something he's going to talk about.

Basically, the summary of the 10 min interview was "we have a plan, we got an awesome return for Jimmy, Wade is going to mentor all of our young players.  We know more than everyone else"...all while never giving any insight into the plan and completely skirting the questions about why this deal was worse than the original TWolves deal they turned down.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #133 on: June 24, 2017, 06:34:25 AM »
I think they just wanted to get rid of Jimmy because of his poor relationship with Hoiberg.  And they chose at best a mediocre coach over a very good player.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #134 on: June 24, 2017, 07:21:54 AM »
Gar said on the Score that they sold the second round pick because they didn't like anyone left and wanted roster flexibility.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #135 on: June 24, 2017, 08:09:50 AM »
Gar said on the Score that they sold the second round pick because they didn't like anyone left and wanted roster flexibility.

Which is comical to say because they could cut Bell (or any second round pick) with no cap ramifications, and all of their roster flexibility revolves around potential buyouts of Rondo/Wade and the Butler trade exception. The second round pick is the easiest/lowest cost asset to walk away from.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #136 on: June 24, 2017, 09:35:35 AM »
Which is comical to say because they could cut Bell (or any second round pick) with no cap ramifications, and all of their roster flexibility revolves around potential buyouts of Rondo/Wade and the Butler trade exception. The second round pick is the easiest/lowest cost asset to walk away from.

And you're a rebuilding team with MANY needs and you dont like ANYONE within the first 8 picks of the second round.  What an absolute crap excuse of an answer.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #137 on: June 24, 2017, 09:51:48 AM »
And that's all not even considering draft n stash. They didn't like ANYONE in Europe?

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #138 on: June 24, 2017, 10:40:22 AM »
My thinking is they're going to use the cash from the pick sale as part of a Rondo/Wade buyout. Which is the only rational way it makes sense. Agree with all above.

cheese ball chaser

• All American
« Reply #139 on: June 24, 2017, 10:44:45 AM »
Horrendous trade. Bulls front office might be the worst in the NBA.

Phil Jackson would like a word with you..

MU82

• All American
« Reply #140 on: June 24, 2017, 02:41:21 PM »

100% correct, Dish.

I got to know Pax a little bit when he was a (very good) broadcaster, and I thought he would be an excellent GM and/or coach. In general, I am disappointed with how he has turned out.

He whiffed on Wade because he wouldn't include Donyell Marshall in a trade that would have moved the Bulls up in the 2003 draft, he used a high choice on Ben Gordon, he hired the ill-equipped Del Negro, etc. He misjudged Tyrus Thomas and Ben Wallace, though to be fair most observers thought those were good moves at the time. He got lucky with the lottery to get Rose. He did make nice draft picks in Noah - there were many who were down on Joaqim at the time - Deng and a few others.

Overall, a pretty unimpressive resume. I expected more.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #141 on: June 24, 2017, 06:28:54 PM »
100% correct, Dish.

I got to know Pax a little bit when he was a (very good) broadcaster, and I thought he would be an excellent GM and/or coach. In general, I am disappointed with how he has turned out.

He whiffed on Wade because he wouldn't include Donyell Marshall in a trade that would have moved the Bulls up in the 2003 draft, he used a high choice on Ben Gordon, he hired the ill-equipped Del Negro, etc. He misjudged Tyrus Thomas and Ben Wallace, though to be fair most observers thought those were good moves at the time. He got lucky with the lottery to get Rose. He did make nice draft picks in Noah - there were many who were down on Joaqim at the time - Deng and a few others.

Overall, a pretty unimpressive resume. I expected more.

Don't forget his best move - drafting JFB at #30. Of course when he traded him for a couple of Yugos and a power ball ticket the moved was pretty much negated.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #142 on: June 24, 2017, 07:46:06 PM »
Once Matt Lloyd left the Bulls, their drafts have sucked. Lloyd was responsible for making the calls on Butler, Noah, Gibson.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #143 on: June 24, 2017, 10:06:24 PM »
Celtics were not going to give the Bulls ANYTHING. I don't know what other teams were offering but from what I know this was the best deal on the table.

Bulls are gonna suck (with or without JFB) for a minimum of five years, so sack up and deal with it.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #144 on: June 24, 2017, 11:14:42 PM »
Personally, I thought the Bulls screwed up in two regards. First, giving up the 16. When you're trading a perennial All-Star, you shouldn't have to send an extra incentive along to close the deal. Second, selling the second round pick. For so many reasons, the two-way contract, the obviously intentionally depleted roster, and the occasional success of late picks, there's no reason they had to just hand Bell off to the Dubs. Is Jerry Reinsdorf too poor to afford payoffs to tank?

If they think Dunn is serviceable and Markkanen is the next Dirk, they might be one season away from having a foundation to compete, which means you want those developmental pieces. Not only did they give up their best player, they gave up a big chunk of their future. Have we learned nothing from Brooklyn?
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #145 on: June 25, 2017, 08:19:30 AM »
Celtics were not going to give the Bulls ANYTHING. I don't know what other teams were offering but from what I know this was the best deal on the table.

Bulls are gonna suck (with or without JFB) for a minimum of five years, so sack up and deal with it.

Time to jump onboard Chi. #FearTheDeer

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #146 on: June 25, 2017, 08:34:24 AM »
Time to jump onboard Chi. #FearTheDeer

All about the Pelicans, love AD. Though Khris Middleton is probably my favorite unappreciated player in the NBA.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #147 on: June 25, 2017, 08:39:10 AM »
All about the Pelicans, love AD. Though Khris Middleton is probably my favorite unappreciated player in the NBA.

I admit to not following the NBA closely but when in recent times did the Bulls even pull off a half way decent trade? Look at Snell for MCW. Indicative.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #148 on: June 25, 2017, 03:44:58 PM »

Care to rephrase this?  Cause thats a pretty flimsy statement.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #149 on: June 25, 2017, 04:42:33 PM »
Care to rephrase this?  Cause thats a pretty flimsy statement.

I have a pretty good idea of what the Celtics were preliminary offering the Bulls and it was not as good as what the T Wolves offered.

Other teams may have shown interest that I'm not aware of but it seems the general concensus it that is was ether going to be the Celtics or Wolves.

feedback