[Today at 05:45:01 AM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[April 24, 2024, 09:57:20 PM]

Best case scenarios by We R Final Four
[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[April 24, 2024, 04:09:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Pitino 5 Game Ban 'ville 4 yr probation  (Read 8681 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Re: Pitino 5 Game Ban 'ville 4 yr probation
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2017, 09:33:01 PM »
Only if it fulfills a promise to a recruit we steal.

how the heck do ya compete with a" little pick and roll" before ya even lace 'em up?
don't...don't don't don't don't

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2017, 11:06:16 PM »
Every state in the union allows minors to get married, so "Goddamn creepy Americans" would probably be more appropriate.

I believe, though could be wrong, that minors can only marry other minors, or someone within the romeo and juliet law if the state has that. To me, two 16 years old getting married is dumb but not creepy. a 16 year old and someone in their middle ages....creepy
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2017, 01:23:17 AM »
I believe, though could be wrong, that minors can only marry other minors, or someone within the romeo and juliet law if the state has that. To me, two 16 years old getting married is dumb but not creepy. a 16 year old and someone in their middle ages....creepy

Admittedly I've done no research other than reading this article a few weeks ago, but you would appear to be mistaken: https://nytimes.com/2017/05/26/opinion/sunday/it-was-forced-on-me-child-marriage-in-the-us.html

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2017, 04:36:56 AM »
There are three things the NCAA can do to make any punishments more severe:

1. Give show causes to head coaches based on the actions of their assistants.
2. Post-season bans for multiple years.  No credit for giving yourself one.
3. Allowing players to transfer without sitting a year in residence.

Regarding number 2, I like what they're trying to do is punish the University but not the kids currently on the team that had nothing to do with this.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2017, 08:26:11 AM »
Every state in the union allows minors to get married, so "Goddamn creepy Americans" would probably be more appropriate.

As of yesterday, not in Texas, at least not without the consent of a judge:

https://www.texastribune.org/2017/06/16/abbott-signs-measure-tightens-state-law-child-brides/
Have some patience, FFS.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2017, 08:29:57 AM »
Admittedly I've done no research other than reading this article a few weeks ago, but you would appear to be mistaken: https://nytimes.com/2017/05/26/opinion/sunday/it-was-forced-on-me-child-marriage-in-the-us.html

Ny times... Most likely not true
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2017, 08:45:10 AM »
Regarding number 2, I like what they're trying to do is punish the University but not the kids currently on the team that had nothing to do with this.
I do not have a problem punishing kids that are currently there, if the issue has drag out? How many current Louisville players signed after the issue came to light? I would guess every player currently at North Carolina has signed after North Carolina's scandal came to light and there still has not been a penalty delivered. Why should you be allowed to transfer, if you choose to go to a school that is under investigation? There should be a punishment for picking a school that is under investigation that turns into an actual violation. I would allow those players that had nothing to do with the violation, who were actually signed with the school when the violation came to light, to transfer without sitting out. However, the way these things drag out that would be a limited number of players.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2017, 10:40:34 AM »

Goddamn creepy Floridians
TAMU

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2017, 11:20:04 AM »
Look forward to UNC getting verbal admonishment for betraying faith in their higher education program.

Here's why nothing has happened to UNC.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/article156649234.html

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2017, 12:49:28 PM »

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2017, 03:39:27 PM »

Nope, it's there to allow pervs to marry and have sex with child brides. Looks like Texas is the first to strike it down. New Jersey tried, but it was blocked, because they wanted to preserve New Jersey traditions, whatever that means. Have to ask Chris Christie, who opposed the ban on minors getting married.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2017, 07:21:23 PM »
Nope, it's there to allow pervs to marry and have sex with child brides. Looks like Texas is the first to strike it down. New Jersey tried, but it was blocked, because they wanted to preserve New Jersey traditions, whatever that means. Have to ask Chris Christie, who opposed the ban on minors getting married.

Don't we live in a society now where "love is love"?? Not saying I agree with it but, if members of the opposite sex can be in love, who's to say a 17 year old and a 40ish man can't be?? And if they are, who are we as a society to judge, right?? I mean that's what everyone seems to want now days.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2017, 07:32:09 PM »
Don't we live in a society now where "love is love"?? Not saying I agree with it but, if members of the opposite sex can be in love, who's to say a 17 year old and a 40ish man can't be?? And if they are, who are we as a society to judge, right?? I mean that's what everyone seems to want now days.

Because one is an adult and the other isn't.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2017, 07:50:54 PM »

Here's why nothing has happened to UNC.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/article156649234.html
The NCAA declares incoming recruits ineligible, if they do not meet certain academic requirements coming out of high school. Sometimes this has to do with the kids going to an unaccredited school. The NCAA can give harse penalties, if the basketball team has a poor graduation rate. Maybe the NCAA should just say the classes do not count and adjust North Carolina's football & basketball academic progress accordingly. This might result in a penalty like Uconn got.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2017, 07:53:07 PM »
The NCAA declares incoming recruits ineligible, if they do not meet certain academic requirements coming out of high school. Sometimes this has to do with the kids going to an unaccredited school. The NCAA can give harse penalties, if the basketball team has a poor graduation rate. Maybe the NCAA should just say the classes do not count and adjust North Carolina's football & basketball academic progress accordingly. This might result in a penalty like Uconn got.

But they don't have the authority to say the classes don't count.  That's the point.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2017, 08:10:27 PM »
Because one is an adult and the other isn't.

Just because they are an adult doesn't mean they aren't technically capable of making their own decisions. Legally they aren't, but I'll tell ya what...I feel a lot more comfortable with a 16 year old marrying a man in his 40's, then I do saying they are responsible enough to get behind the wheel of a motor vehicle which can kill someone. I'm just saying that the way society is now days..it's hypocritical to be forced to accept some things, but not others when "love is love" supposedly. Most people have issues with a 19-20 year old marrying a man in his 40's or 50's too, and yet they are legal adults. Society is completely hypocritical.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2017, 08:16:31 PM »
Just because they are an adult doesn't mean they aren't technically capable of making their own decisions. Legally they aren't, but I'll tell ya what...I feel a lot more comfortable with a 16 year old marrying a man in his 40's, then I do saying they are responsible enough to get behind the wheel of a motor vehicle which can kill someone. I'm just saying that the way society is now days..it's hypocritical to be forced to accept some things, but not others when "love is love" supposedly. Most people have issues with a 19-20 year old marrying a man in his 40's or 50's too, and yet they are legal adults. Society is completely hypocritical.

No it is not.

If you are talking about "gay marriage," it is a completely a civil rights issue between consenting adults and the benefits they receive from marriage.  It has nothing to do with "love is love," except on Facebook posts.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2017, 10:03:08 PM »

Two LGB individuals can consent to have sex with each other.  A child and an adult cannot. "Love is love" only applies when no one is being harmed by the love
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 10:05:13 PM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

muguru

• All American
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2017, 11:43:45 PM »
Two LGB individuals can consent to have sex with each other.  A child and an adult cannot. "Love is love" only applies when no one is being harmed by the love

First of all...legally a 16 year old is not a "child", a minor yes, but not a child. Second of all, who says a 16-17 year old is harmed in any way by love from someone much older?? They can be harmed by love from a boy their age just as easily...in fact, I would argue even moreso..because boys that age have no concept whatsoever how to take care of her etc. This is a sensitive topic for me because I have a daughter...she is grown now, but back when she wasn't...

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2017, 12:28:47 AM »
First of all...legally a 16 year old is not a "child", a minor yes, but not a child. Second of all, who says a 16-17 year old is harmed in any way by love from someone much older?? They can be harmed by love from a boy their age just as easily...in fact, I would argue even moreso..because boys that age have no concept whatsoever how to take care of her etc. This is a sensitive topic for me because I have a daughter...she is grown now, but back when she wasn't...

Fine, a minor. A minor cannot consent to sex with an adult and thus is being harmed. The adult can have the best of intentions but they are still taking advantage of the minor. The power differential is too great and the vast majority of minors are not developed enough to make an informed decision. From a physiological standpoint, the age of consent should be even higher, in the young 20s. But culturally we expect 18 year olds to be adults so I don't seeing it raising above that.
TAMU

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2017, 02:02:53 AM »
guru, how about the 70% divorce rate for child marriages?

If you want to support legalized statutory rape, I suppose the law in 49 states is on your side, but there's no whitewashing it, it's a technicality that allows sexual assault of minors. No amount of BS from you will justify the rape of children.

And yes, 16 year olds are still children. As are 12 year olds, which are legally married off to adults in some states.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.