[Today at 06:51:42 AM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[April 24, 2024, 09:57:20 PM]

Best case scenarios by We R Final Four
[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[April 24, 2024, 04:09:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Uber will try to change its 'bro culture' by cutting down on alcohol at work  (Read 936 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
I must be getting old because my thought is if you actually have to make a company policy to not to throw a keg off a tall buliding, suggesting at a short building is acceptable, then your company is getting out of control.

That said, Uber went from an idea to a $60 billion company with over 14,000 employees in less than 9 years and has forever disrupted the taxi industry worldwide.

Uber will try to change its 'bro culture' by cutting down on alcohol at work
June 13, 2017
http://www.businessinsider.com/uber-cut-down-on-alcohol-at-work-holder-report-recommendations-2017-6

Uber will now prohibit drinking and using drugs "during core work hours, at work events, or at other work-sponsored events."
Uber will also cut back its alcohol budget for parties, reduce alcohol inside the office, and limit when it reimburses managers for alcohol purchased at events outside the office. The report recommends that Uber also stop making alcohol the focal point of work parties.
According to a tweet from BuzzFeed News reporter Priya Anand, Uber will also stop providing beer on tap before company meals. 

Before a 2013 company bash in Miami, CEO Travis Kalanick wrote a letter to employees laying out the "rules" for drinking and sex at the party, like "Do not throw kegs off tall buildings" and no sex with fellow employees unless " you have asked that person for that privilege and they have responded with an emphatic 'YES! I will have sex with you.'"
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 06:43:27 PM by 1.21 Jigawatts »

#UnleashSean

• All American
So this is about office parties and business meetings. Shame. I thought I was going to be reading an article about dudes getting smashed and driving while working for Uber.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
Was ready to agree with no drinking and driving

tower912

• All American
How do you suppose they got  home from work after over imbibing?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

feedback