[Today at 03:52:54 PM]

Marquette Football Update by TallTitan34
[Today at 09:41:46 AM]

NM by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Movin' on up!  (Read 1420 times)

MU82

• All American
Movin' on up!
« on: June 12, 2017, 11:22:07 AM »
After 4 years as a middle-school girls basketball coach, I just accepted a high school assistant position at one of the best girls programs in NC.

The hard work and determination of the young athletes at the middle school produced our first 2 conference titles ever. That, in turn, resulted in me being contacted by several high schools, mostly for assistant jobs. I did have one head-coaching interview, and that process convinced me that I needed experience at the varsity level if I really want to be a good head coach one day.

Frankly, I'm still a little surprised to have been offered this job, so I'd better not mess it up!

We start 3 weeks of summer workouts this afternoon - my first official function at my new school. Very excited to get going!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
Re: Movin' on up!
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 11:29:23 AM »
Good luck.  It is good to never stop challenging yourself.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 12:08:28 PM »
Hurrah!  Best of luck.  Play your cards right and you might get to coach the Warriors while they still have their core intact.  8-)

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 12:22:10 PM »
After 4 years as a middle-school girls basketball coach, I just accepted a high school assistant position at one of the best girls programs in NC.

The hard work and determination of the young athletes at the middle school produced our first 2 conference titles ever. That, in turn, resulted in me being contacted by several high schools, mostly for assistant jobs. I did have one head-coaching interview, and that process convinced me that I needed experience at the varsity level if I really want to be a good head coach one day.

Frankly, I'm still a little surprised to have been offered this job, so I'd better not mess it up!

We start 3 weeks of summer workouts this afternoon - my first official function at my new school. Very excited to get going!

So what you're saying is they're pulling a DePaul and hiring you to better position them in recruiting the players that you've coached?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017, 03:14:02 PM »
Hologram MU82?

jutaw22mu

• All American
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2017, 05:56:40 PM »
Best of luck! Kick some butt!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2017, 06:37:32 PM »
So what you're saying is they're pulling a DePaul and hiring you to better position them in recruiting the players that you've coached?

Ha!

One of the players I coached is going to be attending this school next year ... but she will be fortunate to make the JV team. We had 13 players at today's workout and I'd say my best player each of the last two years might have been better than the second-worst player today.

Today's workout was amazing. So many talented girls (including a couple of 6-footers), and my boss (the head coach) is a great teacher. The difference between this place and my previous stop couldn't be bigger. The next year or two are going to be an incredible learning experience for me.

Thanks to all for the good wishes.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2017, 07:09:33 PM »
Very cool - congrats, '82!

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2017, 08:51:26 PM »
Ha!

One of the players I coached is going to be attending this school next year ... but she will be fortunate to make the JV team. We had 13 players at today's workout and I'd say my best player each of the last two years might have been better than the second-worst player today.

Today's workout was amazing. So many talented girls (including a couple of 6-footers), and my boss (the head coach) is a great teacher. The difference between this place and my previous stop couldn't be bigger. The next year or two are going to be an incredible learning experience for me.

Thanks to all for the good wishes.

The Charlotte to MU pipeline is officially up and running!

Seriously, Mike, its apparent from your many posts on the subject that you love coaching. Congrats on the big step up and best of luck!

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2017, 09:54:35 PM »
 one step closer to becoming coach k's successor, just in case wojo turns 'em down, eyn'er?
  ;) ;)
good on ya 82! 
don't...don't don't don't don't

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2017, 10:59:23 PM »
That's great news 82! Congratulations
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2017, 11:20:04 PM »

Great news, Mike. Very well deserved.

You gotta work on that retirement thing, though ;)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2017, 12:00:13 AM »

Nah, he's gotta pay back his sugar mama somehow!
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2017, 05:43:01 AM »

Yeah ... I am REALLY bad at being retired.

During basketball season, I work nearly as many hours as I used to work during basketball season when I watched basketball games for a living!

But at least I get paid about 1/20th as much ... so I have that going for me.

Now I gotta run and yell at my Sugar Mama for not working enough OT last week.