[Today at 02:32:03 PM]

Marquette Football Update by TallTitan34
[Today at 09:41:46 AM]

NM by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Shareece Wright takes 8-hour Uber trip from Chicago for voluntary Bills practice  (Read 2245 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American

Shareece Wright takes 8-hour Uber trip from Chicago for voluntary Bills practice

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19565407/cb-shareece-wright-takes-550-mile-8-hour-uber-trip-chicago-voluntary-buffalo-bills-practice

Not wanting to miss a voluntary practice Monday, veteran Buffalo Bills cornerback Shareece Wright took about a 550-mile and over eight-hour Uber trip from Chicago's O'Hare Airport to the team's practice facility in Orchard Park, New York.

Wright later tweeted that the ride, which began Sunday night around 11 p.m., cost $632.08. One of Wright's representatives, Tamerat Berhe, tweeted that Wright also gave a $300 tip for a total cost of $932.08.

Galway Eagle

• All American
It's funny sure but then that driver is stuck there and has to spend loads of time and money getting back. Not to mention factoring in all missed opportunities during his trip back and subsequent recovery from driving 16hrs.
Maigh Eo for Sam

GGGG

• All American
It's funny sure but then that driver is stuck there and has to spend loads of time and money getting back. Not to mention factoring in all missed opportunities during his trip back and subsequent recovery from driving 16hrs.

He could have declined the trip.

swoopem

• All American

If the driver was worried about that he would have declined the trip.

Funny story, me and some MU friends were on spring break in LA in 2008 and while we were there MU got placed in Anaheim against Kentucky. After we won most of us went back to my friends sister's place in Santa Monica to celebrate, but one of my friends jumped in a cab and went to Vegas. If I recall it was about $400 for the trip. Dude was a wild man
Bring back FFP!!!

Galway Eagle

• All American

He could have declined the trip.

It doesn't tell you destination anymore and you get a finite number of declines and each one of them severely effect your driver rating.

I was driving for Uber after college for a few months you'd be surprised how much Uber screws over drivers for places they don't want to go.
Maigh Eo for Sam

jsglow

• All American
Agreed Bags. Our son drove Uber for about a month prior to his FEMA gig. Not sure how I would have felt. At least the player gave him a nice tip raising the all in to over $930.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
It doesn't tell you destination anymore and you get a finite number of declines and each one of them severely effect your driver rating.

I was driving for Uber after college for a few months you'd be surprised how much Uber screws over drivers for places they don't want to go.

I was told by Uber drivers the reason the destination is hidden until after the passenger is int he car is that is to prevent discrimination ... otherwise, drivers would decline rides into minority neighborhoods.

jsglow

• All American
Yeah, but House didn't give them a cut of the $150k offseason workout bonus they helped him achieve.

House offered to pay them. They refused. He then insisted on at least gas money. And I suspect much Packers bling/courtesies are on the way.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Yeah, but House didn't give them a cut of the $150k offseason workout bonus they helped him achieve.

As Glow pointed out, he tried to pay them. He also did sign a bunch of stuff for them.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Galway Eagle

• All American
I was told by Uber drivers the reason the destination is hidden until after the passenger is int he car is that is to prevent discrimination ... otherwise, drivers would decline rides into minority neighborhoods.

Probably true. I only know that you have to pick someone up to find out where they're going.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9

Shareece Wright takes 8-hour Uber trip from Chicago for voluntary Bills practice

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19565407/cb-shareece-wright-takes-550-mile-8-hour-uber-trip-chicago-voluntary-buffalo-bills-practice

Not wanting to miss a voluntary practice Monday, veteran Buffalo Bills cornerback Shareece Wright took about a 550-mile and over eight-hour Uber trip from Chicago's O'Hare Airport to the team's practice facility in Orchard Park, New York.

Wright later tweeted that the ride, which began Sunday night around 11 p.m., cost $632.08. One of Wright's representatives, Tamerat Berhe, tweeted that Wright also gave a $300 tip for a total cost of $932.08.
I took an Uber from Ohare to St Louis once, it was the guys first day working for Uber so he was pretty excited .
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

#UnleashSean

• All American

I see nothing wrong with that. If it was 3am and I got a destination in Englewood I am sure as crap declining it