Big East 2024 Offseason by WeAreMarquette96
[April 17, 2024, 11:14:56 PM]

Academic All Americans by AlumKCof93
[April 17, 2024, 10:44:57 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by withoutbias
[April 17, 2024, 10:44:37 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by WhiteTrash
[April 17, 2024, 07:24:33 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Plaque Lives Matter!
[April 17, 2024, 06:35:36 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by WhiteTrash
[April 17, 2024, 05:13:59 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Sauced Tiger  (Read 20434 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Sauced Tiger
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2017, 09:05:01 AM »
Regardless of whether it was alcohol or prescription meds, he should have known better.  Drugs like Vicodin and Xanax come with clear warnings not to drive or operate heavy machinery until you know how they affect you.  If he was just starting to take them - not knowing how he would respond - it was irresponsible to drive...and probably illegal.

So OK - now I buy that it was prescription pain meds.  But that still is no excuse.

Agreed. If he had killed somebody, that somebody would have been no less dead just because Tiger had taken Xanax instead of a 12-pack of Guinness.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2017, 09:55:12 AM »
Agreed. If he had killed somebody, that somebody would have been no less dead just because Tiger had taken Xanax instead of a 12-pack of Guinness.

But it's classier to be strung on prescription meds than beer or street drugs.
Have some patience, FFS.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2017, 10:51:46 AM »
He's checking into rehab so there goes that excuse that he just didn't know the drugs he took would affect him that way.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2017, 11:08:44 AM »
But it's classier to be strung on prescription meds than beer or street drugs.

Yep. That's why Rush believes a poor black guy caught with $50 of crack should do 20 years while a rich white guy guilty of fraud and opioid abuse should get a $50 million broadcasting contract.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2017, 12:17:49 PM »
Yep. That's why Rush believes a poor black guy caught with $50 of crack should do 20 years while a rich white guy guilty of fraud and opioid abuse should get a $50 million broadcasting contract.
You are just another failed journalistic hack that is jealous of  Rush's success.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2017, 12:35:02 PM »
You are just another failed journalistic hack that is jealous of  Rush's success.

Character>Financial Success

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2017, 12:38:15 PM »
Waitin' on da chit hittin' da sham now baby, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2017, 12:39:51 PM »

Hilarious.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2017, 02:40:36 PM »

TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #59 on: June 14, 2017, 07:44:25 PM »
Wonder if the Bernie Sanders guy who shot a bunch of people today was on pills, booze, or something else, ainnner?
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2017, 08:03:30 PM »
Nah, just had a severe case of da terminal crazies, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2017, 08:16:34 PM »
Stupid knows no political boundaries.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2017, 09:45:03 PM »
Wonder if the Bernie Sanders guy who shot a bunch of people today was on pills, booze, or something else, ainnner?

The problem was the guy was not on pills.  No doubt he suffered from mental illness, a disease that has so much stigma associated with it that people are afraid to admit they have problems.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2017, 05:02:24 AM »
The problem was the guy was not on pills.  No doubt he suffered from mental illness, a disease that has so much stigma associated with it that people are afraid to admit they have problems.

"no doubt" ??  i realize there are hippa laws and doctor-patient confidentiality issues, but i didn't know he was a patient of yours.  the big tip-off that he MAY have suffered from this mental illness you speak of however, one has to look no further than his own party affiliation ;)now there's the problem right there-heyheyheyn'er?
don't...don't don't don't don't

reinko

• All American
« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2017, 07:39:58 AM »
Huh, I thought it was only 82 that brought politics anymore.

But hey, thoughts and prayers are at an all-time high, that'll solve the problem.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2017, 09:02:07 AM »
Huh, I thought it was only 82 that brought politics anymore.

You gotta know the rules, reinko. As long as you end your post with "I'm really a badger fan" or "heyheyheyn'er," it serves as a cloaking device for previously expressed political thought.

Here's an example:

Lock him up, heyheyheyn'er!  ::)

And throw in an emoji, and it's like making believe politics was never discussed!

reinko

• All American
« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2017, 09:08:14 AM »
You gotta know the rules, reinko. As long as you end your post with "I'm really a badger fan" or "heyheyheyn'er," it serves as a cloaking device for previously expressed political thought.

Here's an example:

And throw in an emoji, and it's like making believe politics was never discussed!

Or...Diss eazy 2 spit politics here on diz Superbar board if type like diss.  See?

How bout dat Hillary broad n how she gonna ruin dis country, aiana, amiright?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2017, 09:45:49 AM »
Bigger problem:

I wrote "a-i-n-'a" (without the hyphens) and it was changed to "I'm really a Badger fan."

Is this new?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #68 on: June 15, 2017, 10:22:36 AM »
Bigger problem:

I wrote "a-i-n-'a" (without the hyphens) and it was changed to "I'm really a Badger fan."

Is this new?

Nope, been that way for a few years. One of scoops better features
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #69 on: June 15, 2017, 10:40:05 AM »
Nope, been that way for a few years. One of scoops better features

Not to brag, but it was my idea.   8-)

Have some patience, FFS.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #70 on: June 15, 2017, 10:50:05 AM »
Hoo wooda taught, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2017, 10:55:24 AM »
Not to brag, but it was my idea.   8-)

I like it, Khaleesi!

This was the first time I ever tried to use the "word" and, appropriately, it was to make fun of people who use it. So this won't affect me (or most of us) in the future.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2017, 12:32:00 PM »

Interesting diagnosis, Dr Forgetful, but unless you consider being unable to accept the results of the 2016 election a mental illness I haven't heard that this guy had any history in that regard.

Dismissing an attempted mass political assassination with a "the guy didn't take his pills" given the tone of the discourse in our country today is myopic and dangerous.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2017, 12:47:36 PM »

Here's an example:

Also, don't forget just a sprinkle of thinly veiled misogyny, that usually gets you off scot-free as well.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 12:50:06 PM by ChitownSpaceForRent »

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2017, 07:56:41 PM »
Interesting diagnosis, Dr Forgetful, but unless you consider being unable to accept the results of the 2016 election a mental illness I haven't heard that this guy had any history in that regard.

Dismissing an attempted mass political assassination with a "the guy didn't take his pills" given the tone of the discourse in our country today is myopic and dangerous.

You miss the point entirely.  The point is that mental illness in this country is viewed with immense stigma, to the point that most that suffer from mental illnesses refuse to get help, and even refuse to realize they have a problem. 

A person that leaves his wife and business and drives off the DC to live in his car with no plan, no aims, is not mentally stable.  A person who commits mass shootings is not mentally stable. 

A person who calls for violence against his opponents is not mentally stable.  We have problems in this nation, and one of the biggest ones is not recognizing and taking care of mental illnesses.

Oh yeah, and Forgetful is fine...I've never been big on using titles and let anyone call me by my first name...otherwise I might forget it.