collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Sauced Tiger  (Read 20005 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Re: Sauced Tiger
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2017, 01:07:19 PM »
next comes the public apology tour and...rehab
don't...don't don't don't don't

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2017, 01:22:00 PM »
Then he should have blown into the Breathalyzer.

Not buying it....

Prescription drugs including Vicodin to relieve back pain.

Buy it.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2017, 02:58:43 PM »
Prescription drugs including Vicodin to relieve back pain.

Buy it.

Sources say he got 'em from Rush "All Drug Users Should Go To Prison" Limbaugh.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2017, 10:07:50 PM »
I believe you just got political.
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2017, 10:43:27 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/05/30/tiger-woods-ex-mistress-on-dui-arrest-its-kind-sad.html

I don't want to give them the clicks; can you just plagiarize it Heisey style? This would be justified, though

B. McBannerson

• Team Captain
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2017, 09:22:46 AM »

Your weakness again? Please stop with the politics. Again.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2017, 09:31:06 AM »

Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2017, 10:51:32 AM »
Vicodin and Xanax.  That will do it.  I'm buying it.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2017, 10:59:11 AM »
Vicodin and Xanax.  That will do it.  I'm buying it.
[/quote

Don't do it, man. Ya gonna throw yo life away, hey?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 11:01:16 AM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2017, 11:19:28 AM »
Well played.  I have never been a fan of Tiger's,  but this story makes sense.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2017, 11:30:08 AM »
Yes, makes perfect sense. But, still shows him as a very flawed, pathetic character, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2017, 11:53:17 AM »
It shows him as just another soul who, after back surgery, took addictive pain killers.  Similar stories are the root of the current opioid problem.  It actually humanizes him.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2017, 02:18:49 PM »
It shows him as just another soul who, after back surgery, took addictive pain killers.  Similar stories are the root of the current opioid problem.  It actually humanizes him.

this and all the others...it all started with fill in the blank surgery and...i can understand it's caused a number of people to get addicted, but it has become most everyone's "excuse".  i'm sorry but, i think many of these people just got lazy and it started feeling pretty damn good and hey! i can walk around a little buzzed and not even smell like bad russian vodka.  when i had surgery requiring some pain meds, i wrote down exactly what time i took each dose so as not to abuse or run the risk of getting addicted if you will.  when i took 1 or 2 every 4-6 hours(the usual and customary dosages), it took the pain away, no buzz and after a few days, i didn't need them anymore.  ok, not all people were properly educated on how to take them and the docs and/or pharmacies were letting this go some, but far too many use the knee, back, wrist, shoulder, car accident...excuse.  most of it is weak people with addictive behaviors getting sloppy and figured they could do this and not get called out on it until they started robbing houses and injecting

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2017, 02:41:25 PM »
One more thing-xanax ain't a pain reliever

tower912

• All American
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2017, 04:41:01 PM »
Xanax is an anti depressant.  So, Favre was just another weakling?  FWIW, I agree with your notion of being careful and proactive.  For similar reasons, I have always refused the prescription painkillers offered to me post surgery, getting by on ibuprofen and baptized.   I truly believe that prescription painkillers are way over prescribed. But saying that you are tired of hearing about it doesn't make it less true. 

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2017, 08:16:36 PM »
Xanax is an anti depressant.  So, Favre was just another weakling?  FWIW, I agree with your notion of being careful and proactive.  For similar reasons, I have always refused the prescription painkillers offered to me post surgery, getting by on ibuprofen and baptized.   I truly believe that prescription painkillers are way over prescribed. But saying that you are tired of hearing about it doesn't make it less true.

Xanax isn't an antidepressant; it's an anti-anxiety drug.
Have some patience, FFS.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2017, 08:32:39 PM »

Sure is, very necessary drug for people as well. Mental illness is no joke.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2017, 08:41:15 PM »
You are correct and I know better.   My fingers and brain were not properly in sync.  Mea culpa.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2017, 08:43:16 PM »
You are correct and I know better.   My fingers and brain were not properly in sync.  Mea culpa.

Fahrenheit 451, ya maybe oughta take a field sobriety test and pleze don't text and drive, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2017, 10:00:57 PM »
  "So, Favre was just another weakling?"

"most of it is weak people with addictive behaviors getting sloppy"

note i said most.

brett favre got very sloppy.  whether or not he is/was weak?  maybe.  once addiction sets in, it's like boiling the frog-addicted person doesn't realize it until the consequences begin to outweigh the pleasure.  and  sometimes that doesn't matter either. 

the "pain clinics" were nasty.  they'd treat the pain with narcotics without addressing the root cause.  prescribing hundreds at a time.  if i prescribe 25-30 after a nasty extraction(s), that's it.  the addition of prescription drug monitoring programs have helped immensely

MU82

• All American
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2017, 06:07:48 AM »
The only person I ever got on for abusing painkillers: Rush Effen Limbaugh.

Not long after saying all drug abusers should do hard time, he gets caught abusing drugs. Plus, a guy who spends hours and hours screaming about Medicaid fraud and welfare fraud - "They should go to jail!" - committed fraud for years in acquiring his drugs. Funny how Rush didn't insist he do hard time ... and how his sheeple have totally given him a pass.

Tiger's situation sounds nothing like this (if we are getting all the info accurately). Favre's was closer, but not to Limbaugh's extreme.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2017, 06:23:06 PM »
The only person I ever got on for abusing painkillers: Rush Effen Limbaugh.

Not long after saying all drug abusers should do hard time, he gets caught abusing drugs. Plus, a guy who spends hours and hours screaming about Medicaid fraud and welfare fraud - "They should go to jail!" - committed fraud for years in acquiring his drugs. Funny how Rush didn't insist he do hard time ... and how his sheeple have totally given him a pass.

Tiger's situation sounds nothing like this (if we are getting all the info accurately). Favre's was closer, but not to Limbaugh's extreme.

sounds like you need a xanax, errr something

MU82

• All American
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2017, 08:32:07 PM »

sounds like you need a xanax, errr something

Nope. I just need Limbaugh to insist that he go to jail because he surely doesn't want to be a hypocrite.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2017, 08:29:49 AM »
Regardless of whether it was alcohol or prescription meds, he should have known better.  Drugs like Vicodin and Xanax come with clear warnings not to drive or operate heavy machinery until you know how they affect you.  If he was just starting to take them - not knowing how he would respond - it was irresponsible to drive...and probably illegal.

So OK - now I buy that it was prescription pain meds.  But that still is no excuse.