[Today at 05:53:49 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Amazon Prime vs Costco  (Read 11009 times)

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
Re: Amazon Prime vs Costco
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2017, 10:07:35 PM »
I need more food suggestions of stuff you heat and eat.   

We like the frozen lasagna and chicken tortilla soup  .. and a friend turned us on to the Chicken Tikka Masala, but damnit, that seems to have disappeared from their shelves last month.   

MU82

• All American
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2017, 11:16:31 PM »

We like the frozen lasagna and chicken tortilla soup  .. and a friend turned us on to the Chicken Tikka Masala, but damnit, that seems to have disappeared from their shelves last month.

They have great frozen wild salmon filets. We love the bean burgers we buy there. Cheese-filled ravioli.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2017, 06:55:41 AM »
Sams v Costco.

We've been Sams member for years. Just now building a Costco in our community.

What's the difference?

Which is better?  That question would be simple if one of them carried Sonoran Salsa.

We have a Total Wine, so booze shopping is not relevant?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 06:58:23 AM by real chili 83 »

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2017, 07:03:14 AM »

their big packs of pre-cooked kielbasa, smoked sausage, brat-like sausages, not hot dogs so probably less chicken lip-pork innerd contents.  i've bought some nice pre-cooked andouille etc from costco
don't...don't don't don't don't

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2017, 07:52:48 AM »

Dude, just walk over ta Trader Joe's. It's a short hike for ya over by Bayshore, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2017, 07:55:07 AM »
Sams v Costco.

What's the difference?

Which is better?  That question would be simple if one of them carried Sonoran Salsa.

Think K-Mart vs Macy's, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2017, 09:02:19 AM »

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2017, 09:10:02 AM »

Dude, just walk over ta Trader Joe's. It's a short hike for ya over by Bayshore, hey?

Ya mean Aldi Joe's,  a'ina?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2017, 09:23:52 AM »
Watt daze duz yo water truck deliver der now, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2017, 12:08:02 PM »
Our Costco "staples":

Stacy's organic pita chips, Santa Barbara mango salsa, Kirkland Greek yogurt, frozen strawberries, giant 2-pack of Jif or Skippy, milk (always lasts at least a week past date on carton), Land O' Lakes half and half, 6-pack of romaine lettuce, Campari tomatoes, granola, Kirkland detergent, Crystal Light lemonade packets.

Most trips involve at least a half-dozen of those items.

Also treat ourselves to their wings occasionally (on Entourage, Drama said, "Vinny loves their wings!"), peruse the clothing quite regularly, sometimes buy stuff when it's on sale - Bounty, TP, granola bars, etc.
The Kirkland Greek Yogurt is a tremendous Value. The Non refrigatored Kirkland Vanilla Almond is also exceptional for smoothies .  The 72 count eggs and Whey Protein prices can't be beat.

Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2017, 02:17:21 PM »
Chick always picks up a bag.  I'll let you figure out why.

Ummm ... because she thinks it says "orgasmic" instead of "organic"?

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2017, 04:27:48 PM »
Just went to the Sams in Countryside. What a zoo and pig pen. 

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2017, 06:18:13 PM »
Funny, I don't remember running into you there!

You're just one of the many undesirables, bud.

PS - you and chick owe me a drink at Hoopla for this, meanies.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2017, 08:03:37 PM »
Sams v Costco.

What's the difference?

Better is subjective.  On brand name items, we have found that our stores typically don't stock identical items.  As an example, Sams used to stock Stacy's pita chips, but when Costco came to town and carried them, they disappeared from Sams.  Plenty of other examples, and it seems to be variable from place to place.  YMMV.

The place where Costco wins for me is the store-branded stuff.  Kirkland products frequently are as good as (sometimes better than) similar brand name products.  One example is their organic white corn tortilla chips.  Excellent.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2017, 08:12:38 AM »
I'm a huge Costco fan.

Cheapest gas anywhere. Cheap prices on stuff some don't think they're known for - a gallon of milk, a quart of half-and-half, etc. Great pharmacy. They also have the best prices I find on rental cars (through Costco Travel).

Was just going to say the same!

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2017, 08:46:02 AM »
Same as many here already.  Prime, Netflix and Costco. 

Costco 8 minutes away so makes sense for gas.  Amazon great for sending stuff to kids in college too.

Using Costco less frequently now (but we just have regular membership, so nbd).  Also support it b/c it gave my dad the 8 most lucrative years (up until retiring 2 years ago at 79) of his sales career - hit a home run with a granola mix and selling them pecans in bulk.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2017, 08:59:38 AM »
Add Hulu to that, and you're at my house.

Trying to decide between Costco and Amazon Prime is like trying to decide between a boat and a swimming pool.

Do you have cable? Why Hulu and Netflix? I find much more interesting content on Netflix than Hulu, plus I have Direct so I get my "live" content that way.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2017, 09:53:59 AM »
For those that have Prime and Costco, and find them both necessary...

Are you buying consistent products on Prime? Or is it more "as needed"/convenience use?

For myself, I'm trying to decide between food/pantry/dry goods staples. Adding a Costco membership would add in things like gas/travel/appliances and whatever other produce/frozen/fresh food they have. But I would lose the Prime music/video.

If you have a Costco membership, is it better for the gold, executive or Costco Visa membership?

Yes, I do realize everyone is going to have a slightly different preference/situation

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2017, 10:22:54 AM »
^^^ Cheapskate alert, ainner?
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2017, 10:29:53 AM »
^^^ Cheapskate alert, ainner?

And?

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2017, 12:06:49 PM »
Do you have cable? Why Hulu and Netflix? I find much more interesting content on Netflix than Hulu, plus I have Direct so I get my "live" content that way.

Cut the cord in 2009.  Hulu has two primary benefits for us:

1) "DVR-in-the-cloud" -- 80% of Hulu to us is watching network (and some cable) shows "in-season."  We do have a DVR on our HTPC that would do the same thing for us, but a DVR sitting in our family room doesn't do us any good if we're watching from the bedroom (via Apple TV) or from a device.   Also, there are a lot of shows we don't watch regularly watch, but from word-of-mouth, we will occasionally seek out certain episodes from time-to-time (e.g. SNL), and Hulu keeps us from having to pack our HTPC's HDD full of entire series when we only want one or two episodes.

2) South Park... Hulu has not just the entire catalog, but also the entire catalog of 'South Park en Espanol,' which is a whole new level of Matt and Trey.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2017, 12:17:02 PM »
Cut the cord in 2009.  Hulu has two primary benefits for us:

1) "DVR-in-the-cloud" -- 80% of Hulu to us is watching network (and some cable) shows "in-season."  We do have a DVR on our HTPC that would do the same thing for us, but a DVR sitting in our family room doesn't do us any good if we're watching from the bedroom (via Apple TV) or from a device.   Also, there are a lot of shows we don't watch regularly watch, but from word-of-mouth, we will occasionally seek out certain episodes from time-to-time (e.g. SNL), and Hulu keeps us from having to pack our HTPC's HDD full of entire series when we only want one or two episodes.

2) South Park... Hulu has not just the entire catalog, but also the entire catalog of 'South Park en Espanol,' which is a whole new level of Matt and Trey.

How do you consume sports? 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2017, 05:37:12 PM »

Rip Southparkstudios. Best Internet service.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2017, 09:40:15 PM »

With some fava beans and a nice chianti, of course!

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2017, 11:04:59 PM »

The old fashioned way: I either buy a ticket or go to a bar showing the game and order an old fashioned.

Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.