[April 25, 2024, 09:43:05 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Uncle Rico
[April 25, 2024, 05:51:25 PM]

Campus camp-out with cool flags? by FreewaysBurnerAccount
[April 25, 2024, 04:52:25 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 25, 2024, 02:51:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Amazon Prime vs Costco  (Read 11129 times)

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
Re: Amazon Prime vs Costco
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2017, 11:07:42 PM »
BevMo. Buy at bottle of vino, get the second for 5 cents.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2017, 08:18:12 AM »
For those that have Prime and Costco, and find them both necessary...

Are you buying consistent products on Prime? Or is it more "as needed"/convenience use?

For myself, I'm trying to decide between food/pantry/dry goods staples. Adding a Costco membership would add in things like gas/travel/appliances and whatever other produce/frozen/fresh food they have. But I would lose the Prime music/video.

If you have a Costco membership, is it better for the gold, executive or Costco Visa membership?

Yes, I do realize everyone is going to have a slightly different preference/situation

Prime is adhoc purchasing, things like the raspberry pi I just bought to make a NAS, or some other thing I know I want and can get it cheapest/easiest on Amazon. Costco is for staples like snacks, milk, meat, fruits, and the like.

We do Costco exec, I've heard nothing but good things about the Costco Visa but we have our USAA CC which is a better deal for us especially when bundling with insurance, etc. so more than likely wouldn't switch.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2017, 07:12:35 PM »
Prime is adhoc purchasing, things like the raspberry pi I just bought to make a NAS, or some other thing I know I want and can get it cheapest/easiest on Amazon. Costco is for staples like snacks, milk, meat, fruits, and the like.

We do Costco exec, I've heard nothing but good things about the Costco Visa but we have our USAA CC which is a better deal for us especially when bundling with insurance, etc. so more than likely wouldn't switch.

Thanks for the response

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2017, 12:28:44 AM »
Costco has the biggest and best rotisserie chicken on the planet.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2017, 07:08:04 AM »
CostCo Staples
Chicken Breasts, ground turkey, coffee, Einstein bagels, granola bars, baby formula, roterssiere chicken, guacamole, ready-made pizzas or flatbreads, kid foods (mac n cheese, chicken nuggets), tires!, got a nice pair of sunglasses there once, Kirkland brand shirts, socks, T's..., don't have booze in our CostCo but a Total Value next door, frozen fruit, yogurt, milk, cheese...

Amazon Benefits
Diapers, wipes, Amazon streaming TV & music, 2 day shipping, just about anything you would buy from Target or Walmart, but you don't need ASAP

As for a credit card, I went with the Amazon Prime chase card (no annual fee), 5% back on all Amazon purchases, 2% on restaurants gas, and 1% back on everything else...we don't travel a lot, but Mrs. Reinko has a Southwest card since that is the only airline we fly

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2017, 07:20:12 AM »
Anyone do CostCo vision stuff?  My wife recently 'graduated' to bi-focal contacts and the quoted price was 3x her usual cost.   

The brand she sampled is sold at CostCo .. although it's still pricey and there are others to try.   Do they hand out contact samples like they do for cheese?

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2017, 08:04:42 AM »
Anyone do CostCo vision stuff?  My wife recently 'graduated' to bi-focal contacts and the quoted price was 3x her usual cost.   

The brand she sampled is sold at CostCo .. although it's still pricey and there are others to try.   Do they hand out contact samples like they do for cheese?

We do the Costco vision center, particularly for chick's readers and my son's contacts.  Sorry, no samples!

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2017, 08:35:29 AM »

Sams Club here in Jersey has a 6-7 pound rotisserie chicken for 4.99.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2017, 09:05:41 AM »

And cheap!  4 bucks for an entire rotisserie chicken! I have actually witnessed a family buy one, and then take it to the snackbar area to eat it  with their 50-cent unlimited refill sodas.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 01:04:33 PM by warriorchick »
Have some patience, FFS.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2017, 09:47:09 AM »
We do the Costco vision center, particularly for chick's readers and my son's contacts.  Sorry, no samples!

1. Assuming your store has an optodoc on-site, you should get a trial pair of whatever brand is prescribed if you have your screening w/contact fitting done at Costco.  If you had your screening/fitting done elsewhere, it doesn't hurt to ask... it all depends on the store and - more importantly - who's working behind the counter that day.

2. Don't forget that you can "sample" virtually everything at Costco... they call it their "satisfaction guarantee," i.e. if you don't like it, take it back for a refund.  While some things like electronics have exceptions, AFAIK, there is no exception for contact lenses.  So provided you're not obviously trying to abuse the policy (if you've only used one from the box), you should get a full refund; otherwise, worst case is you get a pro-rata refund for what you didn't use.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #60 on: June 04, 2017, 05:27:42 PM »

Contacts are cheaper than vision insurance . A good deal.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2017, 02:48:50 PM »
Re: Amazon's purchase of Whole Foods

The online retail boom has been devastating for brick-and-mortar sellers of electronics, clothes, books, and many other goods where price and convenience are priorities for consumers. While online grocery shopping has been around for a while, it was never considered a major threat to traditional grocers like Kroger and Safeway. That is, until now.

“The acquisition says as you look toward the future, you can’t just do brick and mortar groceries and you can’t just do online groceries,” according to Needham’s Kerry Rice. “A big piece of this is logistics, where the grocery stores haven’t been able to do well—Getting it to you quickly and building out a network.”

Barclays’ Karen Short called the deal “Darwinism at its best.”

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/amazon-buying-whole-foods-ramifications-retail-seismic-185901537.html