'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Trevon Bluiett will NOT return to Xavier  (Read 15820 times)

The Thing

• Team Captain
Trevon Bluiett will NOT return to Xavier
« on: May 23, 2017, 07:16:51 PM »
Oh...wait a minute...

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
Re: Trevon Bluiett will NOT return to Xavier
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 07:26:48 PM »
Lol
Goal is National Championship

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 07:36:42 PM »
Funny.  Bigger picture, the Big  East isn't getting easier.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 08:44:16 PM »
Funny.  Bigger picture, the Big  East isn't getting easier.

Exactly...I will just never understand those that "root" for other BE teams to be good. I've said it a million times...that just makes things harder for MU. Let's say for example, Bluiett and Delgado both left...and let's assume that because of those decisions, MU then went 4-0 against both those teams..Now let's say(for argument's sake that because they are back, MU goes 0-4 against them..How in the world is a "stronger" BE better for MU?? Talk all you want about it helping the RPI etc, I say BS. Because the bottom line is..win enough games in the BE and you are IN every single year, and no matter what, teams losing really good players, gives MU a better chance of winning more games. That's pretty self explanatory I would have thought.

It's like being a Packers fan and wanting the Bears, Lions and Viqueens to be better because it's "good for the divison". Total nonsense.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 08:52:21 PM »
Exactly...I will just never understand those that "root" for other BE teams to be good. I've said it a million times...that just makes things harder for MU. Let's say for example, Bluiett and Delgado both left...and let's assume that because of those decisions, MU then went 4-0 against both those teams..Now let's say(for argument's sake that because they are back, MU goes 0-4 against them..How in the world is a "stronger" BE better for MU?? Talk all you want about it helping the RPI etc, I say BS. Because the bottom line is..win enough games in the BE and you are IN every single year, and no matter what, teams losing really good players, gives MU a better chance of winning more games. That's pretty self explanatory I would have thought.

It's like being a Packers fan and wanting the Bears, Lions and Viqueens to be better because it's "good for the divison". Total nonsense.

HORRIBLE comparison

muguru

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2017, 09:03:24 PM »
HORRIBLE comparison

It's the same thing...pro game or not...it's rooting for the competition.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2017, 09:04:53 PM »

Except when the competition being good directly influences your chances of being good then it is no longer the same thing
Maigh Eo for Sam

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2017, 09:16:15 PM »
I want all of the Big East Teams to be incredibly good...but at the same time, slightly worse than Marquette.

In a perfect world we would be ranked #1, and there would be a 9-way tie for second among the rest of the conference.
Have some patience, FFS.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2017, 09:27:52 PM »

Wrong again...
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2017, 09:33:16 PM »
Wrong again...

Bullsh*t...It is the SAME damn thing...It's rooting for your opponents to be good so it can "make you better". Not buying it..I played sports and I NEVER wanted the rest of the conference to be good. In fact, I hated every other conference member. Them winning did me(us) zero good. Explain to me how it's wrong mr arrogance.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2017, 09:37:01 PM »

Following that logic we should move to the MVC and run the table every year.  You bitch when we are not better than you think we should be and you bitch when our conference provides top notch competition. 

WOW

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2017, 09:38:29 PM »
We didn't go 0-4 against Seton Hall and Xavier this past season. We went 3-2. Our 10-8 record in the 3rd toughest conference in the country played a huge role in making the NCAA tournament.

Plus, if we played in a conference equivalent to the WCC, Marquette wouldn't get the national exposure it does. It would be harder to attract the same level of recruits. We wouldn't make the same money we get from the Big East's deal with Fox. And we wouldn't get the NCAA payouts from being in the Big East.

A strong conference is good for MU in every regard.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

Skitch

• All American
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2017, 09:44:41 PM »
I bet 27-6 Illinois State wished their conference was better when they were playing in the NIT

lurch91

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2017, 09:50:13 PM »

Sorry, but it's like you don't know how the NFL Playoff system works in comparison to the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament selection process......   :o

muguru

• All American
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2017, 09:51:07 PM »
Someone ask the Zags if their poor conference hurt them..or if it has hurt them for the past 17 years or so..

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2017, 09:52:48 PM »
Bullsh*t...It is the SAME damn thing...It's rooting for your opponents to be good so it can "make you better". Not buying it..I played sports and I NEVER wanted the rest of the conference to be good. In fact, I hated every other conference member. Them winning did me(us) zero good. Explain to me how it's wrong mr arrogance.

I'm sure that intramurals and that year of varsity of athletics is the same as high major D1 athletics
Maigh Eo for Sam

muguru

• All American
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2017, 09:55:44 PM »
Sorry, but it's like you don't know how the NFL Playoff system works in comparison to the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament selection process......   :o

I absolutely do..i also know in the NCAA's..conferences don't get bids..teams do. If the rest of the BE was down..and MU was going 13-5, 14-4 every year..i'll tell you what..i could care less what the rest of the BE teams RPI's were..records like that..MU would be lock city..every year.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2017, 10:00:58 PM »
We didn't go 0-4 against Seton Hall and Xavier this past season. We went 3-2. Our 10-8 record in the 3rd toughest conference in the country played a huge role in making the NCAA tournament.

Plus, if we played in a conference equivalent to the WCC, Marquette wouldn't get the national exposure it does. It would be harder to attract the same level of recruits. We wouldn't make the same money we get from the Big East's deal with Fox. And we wouldn't get the NCAA payouts from being in the Big East.

A strong conference is good for MU in every regard.

Would MU have gotten in at 12-6 in a little worse BE? You know the answer to that. The idea is NOT to go 10-8, 9-9 and just sneak in every year..ideally you'd like MU to get to the level Nova is at..but that is seemingly quite a ways off yet..so for now, with where they are at..a bit of a lessor BE would help MU.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2017, 10:01:46 PM »
I absolutely do..i also know in the NCAA's..conferences don't get bids..teams do. If the rest of the BE was down..and MU was going 13-5, 14-4 every year..i'll tell you what..i could care less what the rest of the BE teams RPI's were..records like that..MU would be lock city..every year.

Someone else please explain the way shared NCAA tournament credits work to this fool. If the conference as a whole is better we get paid more allowing for better facilities, better recruiting budget, game experience and more.
Maigh Eo for Sam

muguru

• All American
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2017, 10:08:16 PM »
Someone else please explain the way shared NCAA tournament credits work to this fool. If the conference as a whole is better we get paid more allowing for better facilities, better recruiting budget, game experience and more.
Umm im well aware of how it works dipcrap..so it's about the money to everyone? Let's see...pretty sure MU has a top notch facility already in the AL..are moving into a state of the art arena next season..have one of the highest recruiting budgets in the nation already..so..if I'm following your logic..a better BE..even if it means MU loses too many games to get into the NCAAS themselves..is good for MU anyway..we can ride the coat tails of the other BE schools? Great..typical of your generations mentality..let's award everyone a ribbon!

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2017, 10:14:34 PM »

Absolutely not. It's not the same damn thing or even close. You win the most in your conference in the NBA and you're all good.

In the NCAA, you can be in a conference that sucks and win tons of games and still not be regarded as good, as be punished for it. There's no, "oh but you finished in X place" like the NBA.

That how you're dead wrong, dumbo.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2017, 10:31:50 PM »
Would MU have gotten in at 12-6 in a little worse BE? You know the answer to that. The idea is NOT to go 10-8, 9-9 and just sneak in every year..ideally you'd like MU to get to the level Nova is at..but that is seemingly quite a ways off yet..so for now, with where they are at..a bit of a lessor BE would help MU.

You're talking about a conference like the A10. Which Xavier and Butler left for the Big East. Or the MVC. Which Creighton left for the Big East. All for good reason.

The goal isn't to go 9-9 or 10-8 and just make the tournament. That's only a step on the way to making Marquette a perennial national program. Wojo's gotten us back to the NCAAs in just 3 seasons — matching Tom Crean and exceeding Kevin O'Neill. The future looks even brighter.

Villanova is a much better model for MU to follow. They've won two national titles — two more than Gonzaga. And as I mentioned before, lesser conferences like the A10 or the WCC don't come close to the Big East when it comes to national exposure and revenue.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2017, 10:38:02 PM »
Following that logic we should move to the MVC and run the table every year.  You bitch when we are not better than you think we should be and you bitch when our conference provides top notch competition. 

WOW

How can someone who thinks we could "move to the MVC and run the table every year" say WOW to anyone? Guess you've never heard of Wichita State.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2017, 10:41:10 PM »
Absolutely not. It's not the same damn thing or even close. You win the most in your conference in the NBA and you're all good.

In the NCAA, you can be in a conference that sucks and win tons of games and still not be regarded as good, as be punished for it. There's no, "oh but you finished in X place" like the NBA.

That how you're dead wrong, dumbo.

So..Gonzaga who plays in a sh*t conference every year..has been to what 18 straight NCAA's now? Has had a couple of #1 seeds, and played for a national championship all of that playing in a terrible conference..so do you think they would trade being in say..the ACC and finishing in the lower half most years and making the tourney periodically..or do you think they like being the superior team in the WCC every year? Ask Mark Few..yeah I know what he would say..

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2017, 10:42:11 PM »
Exactly...I will just never understand those that "root" for other BE teams to be good. I've said it a million times...that just makes things harder for MU. Let's say for example, Bluiett and Delgado both left...and let's assume that because of those decisions, MU then went 4-0 against both those teams..Now let's say(for argument's sake that because they are back, MU goes 0-4 against them..How in the world is a "stronger" BE better for MU??

I hate to use common sense on such a silly argument, but......

If MU goes 0-4 against these two teams with Bluett and Delgado, then we aren't very good and don't deserve to be in the Tournament.

Sounds like you'd be happy to play 30 cupcakes - going 30-0 - so you can brag about how good MU is.