[Today at 12:53:48 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by MU82
[Today at 12:50:47 PM]

MU Gear by Hards Alumni
[Today at 12:18:52 PM]

Shaka 2024-2025 by wadesworld
[Today at 09:00:02 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: What will Sam's usage be next season?  (Read 15420 times)

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
Re: What will Sam's usage be next season?
« Reply #75 on: June 01, 2017, 05:17:54 PM »
Sam was used as a floor spacer. So considering he took about two 2-point shots per game, I'd say his usage rate was sky high.

Autoengineer

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #76 on: June 02, 2017, 07:34:42 PM »
His play time will decrease as I see an emphasis moving forward on defence.... Meaning more athletic players. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #77 on: June 02, 2017, 07:37:43 PM »
His play time will decrease as I see an emphasis moving forward on defence.... Meaning more athletic players.

Agree to disagree. Think he leads the team in minutes next year. Also think he's plenty athletic.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Autoengineer

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #78 on: June 02, 2017, 07:40:43 PM »
Agree to disagree. Think he leads the team in minutes next year. Also think he's plenty athletic.

I think you only need to look at the players coming in and who he's looking at in 2018 to see that Wojo knows what this team's weakness is and how he intends to address it. 

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #79 on: June 02, 2017, 07:49:09 PM »

Not sure what defence means, but disagree
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #80 on: June 02, 2017, 07:55:52 PM »
It is a fence in Delaware
Goal is National Championship

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #81 on: June 02, 2017, 07:59:27 PM »
I think you only need to look at the players coming in and who he's looking at in 2018 to see that Wojo knows what this team's weakness is and how he intends to address it.

Yeah he's adding some muscle and athleticism. That doesn't mean that one of his three best returning players is going to see less time because he brought in some 18 year old athletes. That'd be like saying Giannis's minutes are going to go down if the Bucks draft a shooter and add a shooter in free agency and then saying "We see what the Bucks are addresssing this offseason and it's not a skillset Giannis has."
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Autoengineer

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #82 on: June 03, 2017, 12:18:44 AM »

HA.  This site's own spellchecker changed my correct spelling to that!  That's pretty funny actually...  A MU basketball forum website doesn't recognize the word "defense"!

« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 02:26:56 AM by Autoengineer »

Autoengineer

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #83 on: June 03, 2017, 12:24:55 AM »
Yeah he's adding some muscle and athleticism. That doesn't mean that one of his three best returning players is going to see less time because he brought in some 18 year old athletes. That'd be like saying Giannis's minutes are going to go down if the Bucks draft a shooter and add a shooter in free agency and then saying "We see what the Bucks are addresssing this offseason and it's not a skillset Giannis has."

So you're comparing Sam to Giannis in terms of benefit to their respective teams?

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #84 on: June 03, 2017, 06:48:47 AM »
HA.  This site's own spellchecker changed my correct spelling to that!  That's pretty funny actually...  A MU basketball forum website doesn't recognize the word "defense"!

I just thought you were using the queen's English.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #85 on: June 03, 2017, 08:52:03 AM »

Sam is more than just a shooter.  He is a very smart and instinctive player.  I have no idea if those adjectives will apply to Cain at the college level, but if he can come in and steal significant minutes from Sam, I will be surprised - and happy because that means we are that much stronger.

HoopsterBC

• All American
« Reply #86 on: June 03, 2017, 09:18:07 AM »
Before anybody gets to excited about Cain, he looks like a skinnier JJJ.  Sam who is not the biggest guy physically will still play power forward next year, the
following year with Morrow on the team, then Sam will play the 3.  I see Cain getting minutes at the 2 and 3.  I can see starters as Rowsey, Howard, Cheatham,
Hauser and Heldt.  Cheatham may play his way in or out of the line-up.  In that case,  Cain or Anim will get a chance, Elliott or Cain at the 2.  I have no idea where
Froling plays.  He looked slow initially but after losing 30 to 40 pounds, he might be a different player.  He will for sure back up Held, hopefully he can play some 4
as well.  Eke is the wild card.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #87 on: June 03, 2017, 10:08:46 AM »
Before anybody gets to excited about Cain, he looks like a skinnier JJJ.  Sam who is not the biggest guy physically will still play power forward next year, the
following year with Morrow on the team, then Sam will play the 3.  I see Cain getting minutes at the 2 and 3.  I can see starters as Rowsey, Howard, Cheatham,
Hauser and Heldt.  Cheatham may play his way in or out of the line-up.  In that case,  Cain or Anim will get a chance, Elliott or Cain at the 2.  I have no idea where
Froling plays.  He looked slow initially but after losing 30 to 40 pounds, he might be a different player.  He will for sure back up Held, hopefully he can play some 4
as well.  Eke is the wild card.

It will be good to get Theo some early season minutes while Harry is still waiting out the transfer.