[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by TSmith34, Inc.
[April 18, 2024, 09:22:20 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Lavar Ball and Kristine Leahy exchange words  (Read 9539 times)

GoldenDieners32

• All American
Lavar Ball and Kristine Leahy exchange words
« on: May 17, 2017, 10:24:50 PM »
https://sports.yahoo.com/news/lavar-ball-tells-fs1-host-stay-lane-testy-interview-190733413.html

I would watch all 3 of the videos there are some great quotes in there like "stay in your own lane" from lavar ball.
All honesty Lonzo is going to be a great player, but when he steps on the court for the first game everyone is coming after him because of his dads' words

Galway Eagle

• All American
Re: Lavar Ball and Kristine Leahy exchange words
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 07:23:00 AM »
I think he'll be good but I don't think he'll be great and I'm pretty sure he'll end up in a derrick rose type situation with his hometown team. Crazy family member alienates the public and makes fans hate him.
Maigh Eo for Sam

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 07:48:11 AM »
Dis won't happen, butt da Lakers should pass on dis tyme bomb, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 08:19:51 AM »
I just hope that he doesn't totally screw his kids over.  Lonzo is going to be making some pretty serious money in the near future.  For some of these guys, the main thing that can derail them is failed business ventures.  When you read about some of what LaVar has in mind (the shoes, clothing, film production, a documentary, etc.), I hope he doesn't blow all of Lonzo's money along with his opportunities to make millions more.

Watching my kids play sports over the years, I've occasionally had to fight the urge to root against a kid just because his/her parent is a total pretty boy.  After all, it's not the kid's fault.  I find myself feeling the same way about Lonzo.

Edited:  Wasn't aware that 'Scoop filtered A-hole to "pretty boy."  That's funny.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 08:24:31 AM by StillAWarrior »
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 08:32:19 AM »
I haven't really followed this story.  Has Lonzo ever really had anything to say about his dads wilder comments?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2017, 08:32:37 AM »
https://sports.yahoo.com/news/lavar-ball-tells-fs1-host-stay-lane-testy-interview-190733413.html

I would watch all 3 of the videos there are some great quotes in there like "stay in your own lane" from lavar ball.
All honesty Lonzo is going to be a great player, but when he steps on the court for the first game everyone is coming after him because of his dads' words

Colin Cowheard comes out like an a$$hole in those interviews....should've ended the interview, can't let Ball talk to a coworker that way.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2017, 08:33:20 AM »
I haven't really followed this story.  Has Lonzo ever really had anything to say about his dads wilder comments?

Not that I've seen....I think it's hard to get a word in edgewise.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2017, 08:54:42 AM »

I would guess that Lonzo doesn't know any different. It's just his dad being his dad. Lonzo doesn't actually seem like a bad kid at all.

What will be interesting is if Lonzo ends up in LA and Lavar eventually calls out Magic Johnson. That's a debate that Lavar is NOT going to win in Lakerland.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2017, 09:05:52 AM »
Sixers or the Suns trade up to 2 to take Lonzo, and Lakers will take Fox or Jackson.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2017, 09:20:33 AM »
I'm I were the Lakers (or anyone else), I wouldn't touch him. Not a transcendent player and his dad is just too much of a distraction risk for a young team.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2017, 09:28:10 AM »
I'm I were the Lakers (or anyone else), I wouldn't touch him. Not a transcendent player and his dad is just too much of a distraction risk for a young team.

That's my thought.  He wouldn't be the first player to fall in the draft because of family drama
TAMU

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2017, 09:46:09 AM »
Colin Cowheard comes out like an a$$hole in those interviews....should've ended the interview, can't let Ball talk to a coworker that way.

Isn't being an pretty boy cowerd's thing?

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2017, 09:50:22 AM »

I'd definitely take Jackson or Tatum over Ball, probably Fox and Monk as well. Or even draft sleeper: Jonathan Isaac.

Lonzo would benefit from going to Philly or Boston or some place far away from his father. Not sure those teams would benefit as much though.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2017, 09:57:35 AM »
I think Lonzo is going to the Lakers and he'll be fine.
There's no hint that he's anything like his old man, or that his old man - try as he might - has been a particularly negative influence on him. In fact, as a player, he's quite selfless, almost to a fault.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2017, 10:05:55 AM »
At least the Leahy/Ball exchange wasn't premeditated.

(Of course it was.)

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2017, 10:08:44 AM »

eh, Lonzo has already said the younger brother is better, so once the younger one gets to college and/or the NBA he'll have his attention divided.

Other than Lonzo being an a$$ he hasn't said or done anything that would reflect on the son that would make a team cringe.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2017, 10:16:19 AM »
I'd definitely take Jackson or Tatum over Ball, probably Fox and Monk as well. Or even draft sleeper: Jonathan Isaac.

Lonzo would benefit from going to Philly or Boston or some place far away from his father. Not sure those teams would benefit as much though.

Not meant as a criticism of you, but what a world we live in if Lonzo Ball is downgraded because solely his old man is a clown, but Josh Jackson is OK, despite the fact he vandalized a fellow student's car and threatened to "beat her a**."
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 10:18:51 AM by Pakuni »

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2017, 10:18:15 AM »

(Of course it was.)

That was my first thought....but after watching I don't think it was. Leahy looks visibly distressed towards the end.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2017, 10:45:42 AM »
Not meant as a criticism of you, but what a world we live in if Lonzo Ball is downgraded because solely his old man is a clown, but Josh Jackson is OK, despite the fact he vandalized a fellow student's car and threatened to "beat her a**."

I personally wouldn't downgrade Lonzo because of his father. I'd upgrade those other players because I think they're better than him.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2017, 10:55:40 AM »
eh, Lonzo has already said the younger brother is better, so once the younger one gets to college and/or the NBA he'll have his attention divided.

Other than Lonzo being an a$$ he hasn't said or done anything that would reflect on the son that would make a team cringe.

Giannis also said Kostas was better than he is.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2017, 12:24:28 PM »
That was my first thought....but after watching I don't think it was. Leahy looks visibly distressed towards the end.

Figurin' she can find someone ta help releave her stress after da show, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2017, 12:37:29 PM »

Especially with his dad right there. He would act like the de facto coach of the team.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2017, 12:38:51 PM »
He will be fine, just like he was with Lonzo at UCLA.  Lavar is winning, and this thread is proof of it.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2017, 01:01:15 PM »
He will be fine, just like he was with Lonzo at UCLA.  Lavar is winning, and this thread is proof of it.

I don't know if he's winning. BBB is going to have to be pretty successful to beat what Lonzo could have made on his own with Nike or Adidas. If Lonzo busts or even is an average player, he missed out on a lot of security by not getting a shoe deal.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2017, 01:04:25 PM »
I don't know if he's winning. BBB is going to have to be pretty successful to beat what Lonzo could have made on his own with Nike or Adidas. If Lonzo busts or even is an average player, he missed out on a lot of security by not getting a shoe deal.

Has Fultz signed a big shoe deal?  Jackson?  Tatum?  Fox?  Monk?  Any of these guys?

Lavar's sole goal is to keep the spotlight on his son and his family, and that's all that has happened.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2017, 01:35:58 PM »

Unfortunately, we are a visual people. We only get uncomfortable if we can see it for ourselves. We have seen Lonzo's dad act a fool. He have only heard about Josh Jackson committing acts of violence. One is clearly more grievous than the other but we care about what we've seen with our own eyes.
TAMU

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2017, 01:39:03 PM »
Has Fultz signed a big shoe deal?  Jackson?  Tatum?  Fox?  Monk?  Any of these guys?

Lavar's sole goal is to keep the spotlight on his son and his family, and that's all that has happened.

I don't know if I agree that that is his sole goal.  He wants to make money -- and help his kids make money.  Sure, he wants to keep the spotlight, but he also wants to turn the attention into cash.  Clearly, he's enormously successful in getting the spotlight.  Time will tell if they can cash in.  I suspect that he'll do OK.  If Lonzo (or the brother(s)) tears it up, they could do really well.  If not, they may be walking away from a lot of money.  As I said above, I just hope he doesn't pre-spend all Lonzo's NBA money on business ventures that might not be profitable.

Also, the shoe is way too expensive.  It's stuff like that that worries me.  The price point was great for getting attention, but perhaps not so good for making money.  Again...time will tell.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2017, 02:05:24 PM »
eh, Lonzo has already said the younger youngest brother is better, so once the younger youngest one gets to college and/or the NBA he'll have his attention divided.

FIFY. Younger bro arriving this year at UCLA. Not as good. YoungEST is a couple years away.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2017, 12:31:13 PM »

(Of course it was.)

I knew Leahy in high school; thinking ahead was not her strong suit.
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2017, 12:38:19 PM »
Put the blame where it belongs. Lavar's just a sensational ass hole. Totally unnecessary to act like a prick to her, but that's his shtick. Hope da dude chokes on his own vomit. As for KL, she'll be just fine, hey?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 12:40:01 PM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

WarriorInNYC

• All American
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2017, 12:49:50 PM »
Unfortunately, we are a visual people. We only get uncomfortable if we can see it for ourselves. We have seen Lonzo's dad act a fool. He have only heard about Josh Jackson committing acts of violence. One is clearly more grievous than the other but we care about what we've seen with our own eyes.

Exactly, case in point is how the world/public views Ray Rice versus how the world/public views Terrell Suggs.  Video exists in one and not the other.

And to further elaborate your point, the Josh Jackson act of violence happened, and the team that takes him hopes it does not occur again.  With Lavar Ball, you know going in that this guy is not going away and he will always make himself be in the spotlight.  (Just to clarify, along with TAMU, that Jackson's action is obviously more grievous and despicable).

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2017, 01:04:45 PM »
Exactly, case in point is how the world/public views Ray Rice versus how the world/public views Terrell Suggs.  Video exists in one and not the other.

And to further elaborate your point, the Josh Jackson act of violence happened, and the team that takes him hopes it does not occur again.  With Lavar Ball, you know going in that this guy is not going away and he will always make himself be in the spotlight.  (Just to clarify, along with TAMU, that Jackson's action is obviously more grievous and despicable).

Interestingly enough while we were sitting around our gate at LAX waiting to fly back to Milwaukee after one of our volleyball tournaments a couple of the kids I coached came over and asked me, "Hey Pat, isn't that a football player over there?"  Over in the distance was what looked kind of like Terrell Suggs so I jokingly said it was him, not thinking it really was.  They got all excited and were like, "Yeah you're right!"  When him and 2 of his boys got into line at McDonald's I told them that I was pretty sure it wasn't him but they told me to go stand next to him and see if it was him.  I decided why not, figured I could look on his arms to see if I could see any distinguishable tattoos, and went and stood behind him in the McDonald's line.  Sure enough, he had a sleeve tattoo down one forearm and not down the other (not to mention how massive of a human being he was).  The extend of the conversation I stood next to him for was him telling his buddies, "I was going to kill that b****!"  Sounded like a guy who learned a thing or two from Ray Lewis.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2017, 01:16:21 PM »
Makes Tim Maymon looks like a puppy.  Parents acting like clowns is nothing new.  It isn't dictated by race or social strata.  Go to a little league tournament sometime.  The misogyny pisses me off.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2017, 01:20:40 PM »
Interestingly enough while we were sitting around our gate at LAX waiting to fly back to Milwaukee after one of our volleyball tournaments a couple of the kids I coached came over and asked me, "Hey Pat, isn't that a football player over there?"  Over in the distance was what looked kind of like Terrell Suggs so I jokingly said it was him, not thinking it really was.  They got all excited and were like, "Yeah you're right!"  When him and 2 of his boys got into line at McDonald's I told them that I was pretty sure it wasn't him but they told me to go stand next to him and see if it was him.  I decided why not, figured I could look on his arms to see if I could see any distinguishable tattoos, and went and stood behind him in the McDonald's line.  Sure enough, he had a sleeve tattoo down one forearm and not down the other (not to mention how massive of a human being he was).  The extend of the conversation I stood next to him for was him telling his buddies, "I was going to kill that b****!"  Sounded like a guy who learned a thing or two from Ray Lewis.

The dude flies dat cattle car, Southwest, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

reinko

• All American
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2017, 04:36:55 PM »

Najeh Davenport is certainly happy his, um, occurrence wasn't videotaped.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2017, 05:48:27 PM »
ya know, lavar would "kill" michael jordon one on one...back in his heyday of course.  lavar da laser averaged all of 2.2 points per game at washington state in his hey day

http://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/lonzo-balls-father-claims-he-would-have-killed-michael-jordan-one-on-one/

my opinion-he's gonna blow all his kids money because he feels it's his investment to date.  this story is not going to end well.  i know the nba has probably dealt with this kind of thing to some degree or another, but this guy is really really nuts. 

i apologize for the previous link posted-i corrected it above
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 06:12:12 PM by rocket surgeon »
don't...don't don't don't don't

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2017, 06:44:35 PM »
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 06:48:13 PM by bradley center bat »

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2017, 06:46:43 PM »
Kristen did well standing up for herself. Colin gave the reason why he didn't say anything.

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2017, 06:49:22 PM »
I knew Leahy in high school; thinking ahead was not her strong suit.
You wish you knew her. She did think ahead!  ;D

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2018, 08:36:22 PM »

If I were the Lakers, I would try to trade him for a 2nd round pick.  If you can't get that, I would cut him.

Huge mistake drafting him.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2018, 05:30:18 AM »
i'd find this hard to believe, but it's as if magic caved to lavar and bought in to his "snake oil".  i know he knows talent, but then what happened here?  ya saw what you were getting right out in you back yard.  magic should have challenged lavar to a game of one on one.  magic wins-he doesn't have to take 'zo

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2018, 09:59:20 AM »
Does Magic actually "know talent?"  What has he done as a GM to show that's the case?

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2018, 11:01:35 AM »
Does Magic actually "know talent?"  What has he done as a GM to show that's the case?

Based on his Twitter account, you can?t help but notice his qualifications for GM. Some pretty outside the box thinking on free agent pickups.

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/best-magic-johnson-tweets-twitter-nba-playoffs

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2018, 11:55:21 AM »
Adding in the fact that the guy taken right after Ball looks like a complete stud doesn't help matters either.

Kuzma can play so he's got that going for him.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2018, 12:05:10 PM »

If I were the Lakers, I would try to trade him for a 2nd round pick.  If you can't get that, I would cut him.

Try to package Lonzo and some future picks for Trae Young and Magic will have what he thought he was getting in Ball

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2018, 12:13:26 PM »

You can complain about Lavar and having Lonzo in LA with Lavar around may be a very valid issue, however, you can't bury the kid as a player.  And trading him for a 2nd round pick would be asinine and very short sighted and reactionary.

Lonzo is currently averaging 10-7-7 (P/R/A).  He's shooting poorly from 3, but his percentages from behind the arc, and as well overall, are up almost 10% over Dec/Jan than the start of the season in Oct/Nov.  His comparisons to Jason Kidd are almost eerie.  Kidd was at 11-5-8 as a rookie and actually shot a worse percentage from deep.  Their eFG% is almost identical at 43%. 

He's 20 years old, playing on a pretty bad team.  I don't think he's the next Magic Johnson, but he has incredible vision, creativity, and basketball IQ.  He can figure out scoring.  If he really needs to get out of LA, you wait and get value for him.  There is absolutely no reason to sell low on Lonzo the player, despite how obnoxious his Dad may be.

Tatum is a stud for sure, but he's also on a VERY good team with great running mates and one of the best 3-5 coaches in the league.  I think Walton is a good coach, but he's still figuring things out after inheriting a MESS.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2018, 12:15:43 PM »
Based on his Twitter account, you can?t help but notice his qualifications for GM. Some pretty outside the box thinking on free agent pickups.

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/best-magic-johnson-tweets-twitter-nba-playoffs

I suppose if you're going to sign every player in the NBA, Lonzo's going to be in there somewhere eventually.  So I'm sure drafting Lonzo made all the sense in the world to Magic.

Predicting Future Magic Tweets:

"Someone is posting about basketball with the account @OrlandoMagic.  That is not me.  Orlando is in Florida, I'm in L.A."

"That [winter olympian/team that won the gold medal] is really good.  We should go after them in the off-season."

"Even if the Lakers signed everyone from Golden State, the Warriors would still have a championship team."

"Those Ball brothers from Latvia are a pretty good duo.  The Lakers should sign them.  Their family would love LA."
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2018, 12:23:24 PM »
He's 20 years old, playing on a pretty bad team.  I don't think he's the next Magic Johnson, but he has incredible vision, creativity, and basketball IQ.  He can figure out scoring.  If he really needs to get out of LA, you wait and get value for him.  There is absolutely no reason to sell low on Lonzo the player, despite how obnoxious his Dad may be.

I agree that you don't just dump Lonzo.

That said, there's a difference between being a father who's an obnoxious self-promoter and being a person with connections inside an organization making derogatory comments about the head coach losing his players.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2018, 12:30:11 PM »
You can complain about Lavar and having Lonzo in LA with Lavar around may be a very valid issue, however, you can't bury the kid as a player.  And trading him for a 2nd round pick would be asinine and very short sighted and reactionary.

Lonzo is currently averaging 10-7-7 (P/R/A).  He's shooting poorly from 3, but his percentages from behind the arc, and as well overall, are up almost 10% over Dec/Jan than the start of the season in Oct/Nov.  His comparisons to Jason Kidd are almost eerie.  Kidd was at 11-5-8 as a rookie and actually shot a worse percentage from deep.  Their eFG% is almost identical at 43%. 

Tatum is a stud for sure, but he's also on a VERY good team with great running mates and one of the best 3-5 coaches in the league.  I think Walton is a good coach, but he's still figuring things out after inheriting a MESS.

I think you can absolutely bury the kid as a player if his father continues to use this odd platform he has developed  to undermine the coach and the team. 

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2018, 12:31:56 PM »
I suppose if you're going to sign every player in the NBA, Lonzo's going to be in there somewhere eventually.  So I'm sure drafting Lonzo made all the sense in the world to Magic.

Predicting Future Magic Tweets:

"Someone is posting about basketball with the account @OrlandoMagic.  That is not me.  Orlando is in Florida, I'm in L.A."

"That [winter olympian/team that won the gold medal] is really good.  We should go after them in the off-season."

"Even if the Lakers signed everyone from Golden State, the Warriors would still have a championship team."

"Those Ball brothers from Latvia are a pretty good duo.  The Lakers should sign them.  Their family would love LA."

"Alabama deserved to win the National Championship last night, they scored more points"

I agree that you don't just dump Lonzo.

That said, there's a difference between being a father who's an obnoxious self-promoter and being a person with connections inside an organization making derogatory comments about the head coach losing his players.

I don't disagree, and agree that he probably needs to get out of LA.  But I think people are using this as yet another reason to downgrade him as a player.  Which is why this is all so unfortunate.  He's supposedly a great kid, and now, the need to aggressively fade the negative influence and persona of Lavar is morphing into a contrarian view of a promising rookie with a solid first season.  Just cause his Dad thinks he's better than Steph Curry doesn't mean you have to be like "nah, he sucks, what a bust, he cant even shoot!"

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2018, 12:35:57 PM »

I think you can absolutely bury the kid as a player if his father continues to use this odd platform he has developed  to undermine the coach and the team.

Why? Other than not liking him because of who his family is.  He's not participating in it at all.  He's not out there chirping like his Dad.   Acknowledging that he might not be the best fit in LA give the drama doesn't mean that he's any less of a player.  He wasn't super high on draft boards because scouts were like "Lavar thinks he's great, lets bump him up".

I'm talking strictly as a player.  This isn't a Kaepernick issue about comparative talent not being worth distraction.  This was a consensus top 5 draft pick who has still been above average as a rookie.  This is more on ESPN than the Lakers.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2018, 12:57:02 PM »
Why? Other than not liking him because of who his family is.  He's not participating in it at all.  He's not out there chirping like his Dad.   Acknowledging that he might not be the best fit in LA give the drama doesn't mean that he's any less of a player.  He wasn't super high on draft boards because scouts were like "Lavar thinks he's great, lets bump him up".

I'm talking strictly as a player.  This isn't a Kaepernick issue about comparative talent not being worth distraction.  This was a consensus top 5 draft pick who has still been above average as a rookie.  This is more on ESPN than the Lakers.

Because I don't think he's good enough to be worth the distractions.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2018, 03:05:49 PM »
Conspiracy alert: I firmly believe the Lakers front office knew what they were getting into when they drafted Lonzo. Lavar is the ultimate distraction from: "hey we put a boring, crappy product on the floor please don't hate us." This is all to buy time until they sign LBJ this off season and everything else will be moot.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2018, 05:49:08 PM »
The highlights from the younger two Ball boys first game in Lithuania is wild.  Treating it like a Globetrotters game...except a lot more bricks.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2018, 06:35:12 PM »
If you're going to trade him for a second round pick you might as well just ban Lavar from all LAL property and if he takes his third kid over to Lithuania so be it.  Unlike the younger 2 (I know some talent evaluators think Lamelo is going to be something, but he's awful), Lonzo could be very good someday if he remakes his shot.  If they want to waste that, good luck to them.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2018, 07:18:17 PM »

Because I don't think he's good enough to be worth the distractions.

the kaepernick thread is in the NFC north/ NFL 2017-18 ;)

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2018, 09:51:20 AM »
(I know some talent evaluators think Lamelo is going to be something, but he's awful)

If he wasn't a Ball, I think he would be.  He has range, a nice shot, scoring ability, etc...  But he's been hyped unnecessarily since he was 14 and he appears to be the most cocky and arrogant of the 3 boys, so he doesn't have a prayer.

feedback