[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by TSmith34, Inc.
[April 18, 2024, 09:22:20 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Worst First Date Ever?  (Read 10377 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Worst First Date Ever?
« on: May 17, 2017, 03:07:57 PM »
http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/17/us/texas-man-sues-over-movie-texting-trnd/index.html

This story has been circulating around my office all day. Amazingly, people are pretty split over who is in the right. What say you all?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Skitch

• All American
Re: Worst First Date Ever?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 03:46:26 PM »
Using your phone at the movies is awful and I don't blame him for what went on during the date but his behavior after makes him seem psychotic.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 05:22:17 PM »
Hoax.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 05:42:06 PM »
i saw this...seriously?  lawsuit??  come on man!! people have no shame.  i guess she was trying to tell him something, like i don't like you.  ya get what ya pay for, eyn'a?
don't...don't don't don't don't

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 06:00:48 PM »
I mean, if the guy's trying to get a payday I think he'd sue for a bit more than $17.  I'm thinking it's more to get a point across...
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Skitch

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 06:10:42 PM »
I mean, if the guy's trying to get a payday I think he'd sue for a bit more than $17.  I'm thinking it's more to get a point across...

If the point is "don't ever go on a date with me" then mission accomplished buddy.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2017, 06:12:43 PM »

well, then he probably should have taken her to the waffle or george webbs or something.  i woulda mentioned real chili, but 1st date?? ;D

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2017, 06:31:13 PM »
If the point is "don't ever go on a date with me" then mission accomplished buddy.

Sure.  I'd never go to a movie on a first date, but if I did I would expect the common courtesy of not pulling out your phone in the middle of a movie even if you were having a horrible time on the date, if for not for everyone else at the movie.  And I'd have to imagine the girl knew what the date was when she agreed to go on it, but maybe not.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

djvern414

• Walk-On
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2017, 06:54:05 PM »
Change this to a thread about scooper's worst date ever....

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2017, 07:26:12 PM »
Me thinks that Brandon will never have another first date--ever.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2017, 07:54:18 PM »
First date and he spends all of $17 to take her to "Guardians of the Galaxy"?

Maybe things have changed since my day, but you used to try to impress a girl on the first date.  Seems like he was trying to say "if we can survive this, we can survive anything."

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2017, 08:55:19 PM »
John Ernst Cafe 1978. Very much trying to impress my date.  Wine in a floor bucket wine stand.  She orders steak.  I order the weiner schnitzel.  Soup & salad course is finished. Out comes the main course.   She has one bite of her steak and I look at her and she turns white as a ghost, eyes roll back and she face plants into her plate like hitting the bullseye on a target.

I have no idea what the hell is happening.  I get up, put my napkin in the water glass to put on her neck and wipe off her face.  The waitress sees what is happening and rushes over.

Date now is conscious and covers her mouth with my napkin and rushes to the ladies room.  Waitress brings manager over to see if an ambulance should be called.  I still have no clue what is going on. I ask the waitress to check on her in the ladies room.  She reports back that she will be fine.  I continue to eat my meal. Date returns, tells me she has a seizure disorder, is over the top embarrassed, but explains that it's random, and always results in the need to upchuck.  She is now, believe it or not, extremely hungry.  The manager brings her a fresh steak, me another plate of veal, and comps the whole meal. Cheapest date ever.

In July it will be 36 years that Mrs. Sir Lawrence has tolerated my desire to rekindle that first date.

(Four other seizures in the 38 plus years we've been a couple and only the one on the plane to Frisco generated as much excitement).
Ludum habemus.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2017, 09:20:27 PM »
Never really had a bad first date, however, if you're looking for a fun, stress free, and cheap date take them to the zoo.

Just make sure that they like animals and don't mind animals in captivity.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2017, 09:45:06 PM »
Never really had a bad first date, however, if you're looking for a fun, stress free, and cheap date take them to the zoo.

Just make sure that they like animals and don't mind animals in captivity.

I went to a first date to the Milwaukee Zoo once and was treated to the sight of giraffes mating.  My date felt it was necessary to comment on the impressiveness of the male's boner.  It was awkward, to say the least.

Oh, and Sampson hurled a big piece of rubber hose directly at me. It slammed against the glass and scared the sh!t out of me.  He wound up dying a few days later.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 09:51:39 PM by warriorchick »
Have some patience, FFS.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2017, 09:53:11 PM »
Senior year in high school.  Took her to the bowling alley.  She ended up leaving with her first husband.

We laughed a lot about this (with our current spouses) at our 25th reunion.  My wife is much better looking too.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2017, 10:12:19 PM »
I went to a first date to the Milwaukee Zoo once and was treated to the sight of giraffes mating.  My date felt it was necessary to comment on the impressiveness of the male's boner.  It was awkward, to say the least.

Oh, and Sampson hurled a big piece of rubber hose directly at me. It slammed against the glass and scared the sh!t out of me.  He wound up dying a few days later.

So your date was named Sampson?

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2017, 10:17:25 PM »
Just to be clear. I wasn't the 'zoo date' guy.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2017, 10:22:38 PM »
Went on a date from a girl from bumble. I asked her what her worst tinder/bumble expierence had been... somehow she took this to mean give me a detailed and graphic story of all her sexual experiences. I'm not a jealous person or anything but I feel like that's maybe a conversation for at least a second date?
Maigh Eo for Sam

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2017, 11:18:09 PM »
Went on a date from a girl from bumble. I asked her what her worst tinder/bumble expierence had been... somehow she took this to mean give me a detailed and graphic story of all her sexual experiences. I'm not a jealous person or anything but I feel like that's maybe a conversation for at least a second date?

The future Mrs. TAMU and I decided to make a game of "let's talk about all the things you're not supposed to on a first date" on our first date. We hit politics, religion, sexual history, sports rivalries, family drama, everything. Ended up working out really well. But its definitely a "high risk, high reward" type situation.
TAMU

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2017, 11:23:40 PM »
Worst first date was definitely the girl I took to my sophomore homecoming dance. Huge crush on her, volleyball player. Couldn't believe she actually said yes. The whole night she seemed off, kind of distant. We were already friends so I wasn't sure what the issue was. Figured she wasn't interested in being more than friends and I, in typical high school fashion was panicking. I kept wanting to go dance but all she wanted to do was sit outside away from everybody. Eventually, she asked if we could leave the dance  over an hour early.

I was understandably bummed but took her home. Found out the following Monday that she had to be rushed to the hospital that night for an appendectomy. We ended up just staying friends afterward and joked later that I was such an awful date that I put her in the hospital. Good thing we didn't date though, she ended up becoming a domer.
TAMU

Skitch

• All American
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2017, 12:37:50 AM »
Worst first date was definitely the girl I took to my sophomore homecoming dance. Huge crush on her, volleyball player. Couldn't believe she actually said yes. The whole night she seemed off, kind of distant. We were already friends so I wasn't sure what the issue was. Figured she wasn't interested in being more than friends and I, in typical high school fashion was panicking. I kept wanting to go dance but all she wanted to do was sit outside away from everybody. Eventually, she asked if we could leave the dance  over an hour early.

I was understandably bummed but took her home. Found out the following Monday that she had to be rushed to the hospital that night for an appendectomy. We ended up just staying friends afterward and joked later that I was such an awful date that I put her in the hospital. Good thing we didn't date though, she ended up becoming a domer.

Could have been worse.  At least you didn't kill Samson.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2017, 12:52:22 AM »
The movie was completely sold out and packed so we had to sit in different rows. Ah middle school.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2017, 04:44:19 AM »
Could have been worse.  At least you didn't kill Samson.

I think Chick will get a visit from PETA today.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2017, 07:07:43 AM »
The future Mrs. TAMU and I decided to make a game of "let's talk about all the things you're not supposed to on a first date" on our first date. We hit politics, religion, sexual history, sports rivalries, family drama, everything. Ended up working out really well. But its definitely a "high risk, high reward" type situation.

Did you include the blow up doll our wing bought?
Maigh Eo for Sam

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2017, 08:12:26 AM »
On one of my first dates she fell a sleep at the movies. You guessed it; we have been married for 44 years now.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2017, 08:15:45 AM »

Gotta give her props for honesty.  Better than her saying, "I've only slept with my high school sweetheart and we were both virgins" and wind up with a raging case of herpes.
Have some patience, FFS.

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2017, 09:17:49 AM »
Went on a date from a girl from bumble. I asked her what her worst tinder/bumble expierence had been...

Jesus, I'm getting old.  I thought "girl from bumble" meant she grew up in the middle of nowhere.

I totaled a car on a first date.  No injuries, but airbag deployment really puts a damper on an evening.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2017, 10:19:52 AM »
As to the OP, dude said that the girl texting during a movie would unravel the fabric of a civil society.....he got issues, this girl should consider herself lucky this is the worst that happened.

And who takes someone to a movie, especially a comic book movie as a first date....lot of shame in that game
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2017, 10:28:21 AM »
Worst first date:
Met a girl who worked at Sprint, had to go a couple of times to get a phone issue resolved and ended up flirting with her every time while I waited so asked her out cause she seemed fun.

Went out for drinks where she proceeded to tell me her life story that included: being part of a traveling circus until very recently, being married to the magician at 18 and divorced by 20, that she supplemented her Sprint income by posing for elvish pin-up pictures on the internet(think WWII nose art but somehow related to elves like Lord of the Rings stuff), chain smoked cigarettes, didn't own any furniture other than a mattress because it was too much hassle, that her girlfriend(literal) would really like me, and that she firmly believed her father was the second shooter on the grassy knoll.....it got weirder on the second date so we only went out a couple of more times :)
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2017, 10:31:29 AM »
Worst first date:
Met a girl who worked at Sprint, had to go a couple of times to get a phone issue resolved and ended up flirting with her every time while I waited so asked her out cause she seemed fun.

Went out for drinks where she proceeded to tell me her life story that included: being part of a traveling circus until very recently, being married to the magician at 18 and divorced by 20, that she supplemented her Sprint income by posing for elvish pin-up pictures on the internet(think WWII nose art but somehow related to elves like Lord of the Rings stuff), chain smoked cigarettes, didn't own any furniture other than a mattress because it was too much hassle, that her girlfriend(literal) would really like me, and that she firmly believed her father was the second shooter on the grassy knoll.....it got weirder on the second date so we only went out a couple of more times :)

Never ceases to amaze me the amount of crazy a guy will put up with just to get laid. if there's even a remote possibility that they are going to get laid.

Edited to clarify my original statement.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 11:26:11 AM by warriorchick »
Have some patience, FFS.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2017, 10:36:31 AM »
Never ceases to amaze me the amount of crazy a guy will put up with just to get laid.

or is it the amount of crazy a girl will invent to see how much the guy will tolerate?

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2017, 10:41:54 AM »
Jesus, I'm getting old.  I thought "girl from bumble" meant she grew up in the middle of nowhere.

I totaled a car on a first date.  No injuries, but airbag deployment really puts a damper on an evening.

Heh... me too.  Though technically, I should say she totaled my car on the first date.  '85 Renault convertible... cherry red, pristine condition, ran smoothly, but couldn't survive an ass-over-face flip.  Incidentally, neither of us were wearing seat belts, but we both walked away from the car with just a few scratches and bruises between us. 

One might think that cheating death together on a first date might be the spark for a life-long relationship, but that was the last date we had.

And who takes someone to a movie, especially a comic book movie as a first date....lot of shame in that game

Out of all of the first movie dates I've had, not one was comic book; however, one of my first dates suggested an animated movie, and that pretty much sealed our fate right there.  We still watch that same movie with our kids today.

Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2017, 10:55:00 AM »
Never ceases to amaze me the amount of crazy a guy will put up with just to get laid.

He had to see if the mattress was nice.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2017, 11:23:53 AM »
or is it the amount of crazy a girl will invent to see how much the guy will tolerate?

And why would they do that?  Girls want guys to like them.  They aren't going to intentionally act weird. 

If we are going to take advantage of a guy, we'll just string them along so they'll spend money on us.   8-)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 11:26:51 AM by warriorchick »
Have some patience, FFS.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2017, 11:29:43 AM »

Which is why I'm so flabbergasted that women let some men treat them so poorly. Women have all the power.

I know it's a generality but I also think it's true....if I woman wants to get laid, no matter the night it'll happen, if a man wants to get laid it is a 50/50 proposition at best

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2017, 11:44:13 AM »
Which is why I'm so flabbergasted that women let some men treat them so poorly. Women have all the power.

I know it's a generality but I also think it's true....if I woman wants to get laid, no matter the night it'll happen, if a man wants to get laid it is a 50/50 proposition at best

Once you are married long enough, those are some pretty good looking odds.

Glow, you don't have to publicly agree with me.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2017, 11:49:20 AM »

Clearly you're doing it wrong  ;)

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2017, 01:15:53 PM »

That reminds me of a line from a Prairie Home Companion skit:

"Scientists have discovered a new food that lowers the female sex drive----wedding cake."
Ludum habemus.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2017, 02:38:55 PM »
That reminds me of a line from a Prairie Home Companion skit:

"Scientists have discovered a new food that lowers the female sex drive----wedding cake."

Actually, it's the opposite with today's crop of youngsters.

http://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/harvard-report-millennials-interested-casual-sex/story?id=47447346

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2017, 04:42:10 PM »

just renew your wedding vows...early and often :D

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2017, 06:55:25 PM »
Never ceases to amaze me the amount of crazy a guy will put up with just to get laid. if there's even a remote possibility that they are going to get laid.

Edited to clarify my original statement.

Biological drives are pretty strong....

Telling a young guy not to try to get laid is like telling someone to try never to blink again.  Give it a shot.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2017, 11:47:26 PM »
Most unique place you made love at while at Marquette?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2017, 05:51:01 AM »

Made love? Really?
Maigh Eo for Sam

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2017, 10:06:48 AM »
Fooked, then hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2017, 10:47:55 AM »
Made love? Really?

Roasting the broomstick for you Milennials, then.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2017, 05:04:06 PM »
always loved the term "slept with".   who the gosh darn "slept with" a no one's ugly at closing time conquest?  cheezus man!  i'm doin the tube steak boogie and hoping she passes out while i'm trying to collect all of my belongings in the dark...quickly.   where do ya think the term coyote ugly came from?  don't wanna realize whatcha(or who ya) just did. ein'a?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2017, 07:07:41 PM »
always loved the term "slept with".   who the gosh darn "slept with" a no one's ugly at closing time conquest?  cheezus man!  i'm doin the tube steak boogie and hoping she passes out while i'm trying to collect all of my belongings in the dark...quickly.   where do ya think the term coyote ugly came from?  don't wanna realize whatcha(or who ya) just did. ein'a?

I imagine some girl slept with you and thought it up
Maigh Eo for Sam

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2017, 08:11:35 PM »
I imagine some girl slept with you and thought it up

ya just couldn't help yourself??  keep imagining ?-(

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2017, 10:15:57 PM »
Checkin' da oil, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2017, 11:36:03 PM »
In a tent in front of Lalumiere (sp?) camped out for BB tickets
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Skitch

• All American
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2017, 01:05:55 AM »
the butt

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2017, 04:46:52 AM »
the butt

skipped the peck on the cheek and right down the dirt road on the first date? 

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2017, 01:01:33 PM »
the butt

The back of a Volkswagen

tower912

• All American
« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2017, 01:38:17 PM »
I never had a worst first date.   Even if the chemistry wasn't there, I always went out a second time in case it was an off night for one or both of us.    Nowhere that crazy for locations for sex at MU.   Dorms or apartments.     But the dozens of casual make out sessions had some highlights.    In the lawn next to Joan of Arc.   Back steps at Gesu until shooed away by someone we disturbed.  Offices of WMUR.   Dark room for photography at the Tribune.  Empty professor's office at Johnston Hall.    The south-facing entrance to Lalumiere.  Made out with roommates the same night.   One has to leave, made out with the other.   Convinced a girl that I gave a world class back rub, got her to go back to her apartment to prove it, started to rub her back, she fell asleep, I covered her up, went back to the bar and ended up making out with someone else.   
But it was my experience at MU that to have sex, you actually had to date the person for a while.     Never was able to pick up a stranger at a bar and have sex the same night.    Which is fine.  With age, wisdom, and perspective, probably better that way.    I enjoyed all of the girls I dated at MU.    I enjoyed all the girls I made out with at MU.   It is easy (and wrong) to take shots at MU women, but the MU guys weren't exactly Tom Cruise. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2017, 02:46:29 PM »
ZFB tagged a bird one night, the next day ran in to her coming out of Gesu after going to confession.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2017, 02:47:31 PM »
Funny
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2017, 04:14:47 PM »
         "the MU guys weren't exactly Tom Cruise"

that's a compliment to all the MU guys in my book.

back in my day, very similar experiences as tower. burned some incense followed by a little tonsil hockey on the st. joan of arc benches.  MU women/girls/ladies were not whambamthankyoumams.  there was no such thing as friends with benefits. 

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2017, 04:34:19 PM »
Basement of Johnston hall.
Maigh Eo for Sam

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2017, 07:04:04 PM »
It is easy (and wrong) to take shots at MU women, but the MU guys weren't exactly Tom Cruise.

Speak for yourself.

We were the finest men beer and pizza could ever produce!

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2017, 07:21:54 PM »
         "the MU guys weren't exactly Tom Cruise"

that's a compliment to all the MU guys in my book.

back in my day, very similar experiences as tower. burned some incense followed by a little tonsil hockey on the st. joan of arc benches.  MU women/girls/ladies were not whambamthankyoumams.  there was no such thing as friends with benefits.

No offense, but.....

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2017, 08:14:23 PM »
No offense, but.....

what?  you got a tom cruise poster in your latrine err something ;)

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #61 on: May 21, 2017, 08:02:11 AM »
So you never scored in college? Even a dental student from Burlington got lucky on 10S.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #62 on: May 21, 2017, 03:27:10 PM »
So you never scored in college? Even a dental student from Burlington got lucky on 10S.

1st dates?  nope.  met quite a few that i don't think many would call "dates" though ;)  for example, i was introduced to a hygiene student before was in dental school at the mug rack.  i had to get going s i had to work in a few hours(i managed the talk of the town)and she said that she lives not far from where i did so i walked her home and next thing ya know...i leave her place, go to work and right about closing time, guess who shows up for a drink?  yup.  and i walked her home again and, yup...i don't consider either of those "dates"

you can call me old fashioned, but 1st date rounding the bases told me all i needed to know long term and i didn't like sharing while i was "dating".  plus, ya always gotta leave 'em wanting more, ayyn'a?