[Today at 09:41:46 AM]

NM by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

2024-25 Outlook by WellsstreetWanderer
[April 25, 2024, 10:03:37 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Worst First Date Ever?  (Read 10387 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Worst First Date Ever?
« on: May 17, 2017, 03:07:57 PM »
http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/17/us/texas-man-sues-over-movie-texting-trnd/index.html

This story has been circulating around my office all day. Amazingly, people are pretty split over who is in the right. What say you all?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Skitch

• All American
Re: Worst First Date Ever?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 03:46:26 PM »
Using your phone at the movies is awful and I don't blame him for what went on during the date but his behavior after makes him seem psychotic.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 05:22:17 PM »
Hoax.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 05:42:06 PM »
i saw this...seriously?  lawsuit??  come on man!! people have no shame.  i guess she was trying to tell him something, like i don't like you.  ya get what ya pay for, eyn'a?
don't...don't don't don't don't

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 06:00:48 PM »
I mean, if the guy's trying to get a payday I think he'd sue for a bit more than $17.  I'm thinking it's more to get a point across...
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Skitch

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 06:10:42 PM »
I mean, if the guy's trying to get a payday I think he'd sue for a bit more than $17.  I'm thinking it's more to get a point across...

If the point is "don't ever go on a date with me" then mission accomplished buddy.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2017, 06:12:43 PM »

well, then he probably should have taken her to the waffle or george webbs or something.  i woulda mentioned real chili, but 1st date?? ;D
don't...don't don't don't don't

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2017, 06:31:13 PM »
If the point is "don't ever go on a date with me" then mission accomplished buddy.

Sure.  I'd never go to a movie on a first date, but if I did I would expect the common courtesy of not pulling out your phone in the middle of a movie even if you were having a horrible time on the date, if for not for everyone else at the movie.  And I'd have to imagine the girl knew what the date was when she agreed to go on it, but maybe not.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

djvern414

• Walk-On
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2017, 06:54:05 PM »
Change this to a thread about scooper's worst date ever....

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2017, 07:26:12 PM »
Me thinks that Brandon will never have another first date--ever.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2017, 07:54:18 PM »
First date and he spends all of $17 to take her to "Guardians of the Galaxy"?

Maybe things have changed since my day, but you used to try to impress a girl on the first date.  Seems like he was trying to say "if we can survive this, we can survive anything."

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2017, 08:55:19 PM »
John Ernst Cafe 1978. Very much trying to impress my date.  Wine in a floor bucket wine stand.  She orders steak.  I order the weiner schnitzel.  Soup & salad course is finished. Out comes the main course.   She has one bite of her steak and I look at her and she turns white as a ghost, eyes roll back and she face plants into her plate like hitting the bullseye on a target.

I have no idea what the hell is happening.  I get up, put my napkin in the water glass to put on her neck and wipe off her face.  The waitress sees what is happening and rushes over.

Date now is conscious and covers her mouth with my napkin and rushes to the ladies room.  Waitress brings manager over to see if an ambulance should be called.  I still have no clue what is going on. I ask the waitress to check on her in the ladies room.  She reports back that she will be fine.  I continue to eat my meal. Date returns, tells me she has a seizure disorder, is over the top embarrassed, but explains that it's random, and always results in the need to upchuck.  She is now, believe it or not, extremely hungry.  The manager brings her a fresh steak, me another plate of veal, and comps the whole meal. Cheapest date ever.

In July it will be 36 years that Mrs. Sir Lawrence has tolerated my desire to rekindle that first date.

(Four other seizures in the 38 plus years we've been a couple and only the one on the plane to Frisco generated as much excitement).
Ludum habemus.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2017, 09:20:27 PM »
Never really had a bad first date, however, if you're looking for a fun, stress free, and cheap date take them to the zoo.

Just make sure that they like animals and don't mind animals in captivity.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2017, 09:45:06 PM »
Never really had a bad first date, however, if you're looking for a fun, stress free, and cheap date take them to the zoo.

Just make sure that they like animals and don't mind animals in captivity.

I went to a first date to the Milwaukee Zoo once and was treated to the sight of giraffes mating.  My date felt it was necessary to comment on the impressiveness of the male's boner.  It was awkward, to say the least.

Oh, and Sampson hurled a big piece of rubber hose directly at me. It slammed against the glass and scared the sh!t out of me.  He wound up dying a few days later.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 09:51:39 PM by warriorchick »
Have some patience, FFS.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2017, 09:53:11 PM »
Senior year in high school.  Took her to the bowling alley.  She ended up leaving with her first husband.

We laughed a lot about this (with our current spouses) at our 25th reunion.  My wife is much better looking too.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2017, 10:12:19 PM »
I went to a first date to the Milwaukee Zoo once and was treated to the sight of giraffes mating.  My date felt it was necessary to comment on the impressiveness of the male's boner.  It was awkward, to say the least.

Oh, and Sampson hurled a big piece of rubber hose directly at me. It slammed against the glass and scared the sh!t out of me.  He wound up dying a few days later.

So your date was named Sampson?

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2017, 10:17:25 PM »
Just to be clear. I wasn't the 'zoo date' guy.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2017, 10:22:38 PM »
Went on a date from a girl from bumble. I asked her what her worst tinder/bumble expierence had been... somehow she took this to mean give me a detailed and graphic story of all her sexual experiences. I'm not a jealous person or anything but I feel like that's maybe a conversation for at least a second date?
Maigh Eo for Sam

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2017, 11:18:09 PM »
Went on a date from a girl from bumble. I asked her what her worst tinder/bumble expierence had been... somehow she took this to mean give me a detailed and graphic story of all her sexual experiences. I'm not a jealous person or anything but I feel like that's maybe a conversation for at least a second date?

The future Mrs. TAMU and I decided to make a game of "let's talk about all the things you're not supposed to on a first date" on our first date. We hit politics, religion, sexual history, sports rivalries, family drama, everything. Ended up working out really well. But its definitely a "high risk, high reward" type situation.
TAMU

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2017, 11:23:40 PM »
Worst first date was definitely the girl I took to my sophomore homecoming dance. Huge crush on her, volleyball player. Couldn't believe she actually said yes. The whole night she seemed off, kind of distant. We were already friends so I wasn't sure what the issue was. Figured she wasn't interested in being more than friends and I, in typical high school fashion was panicking. I kept wanting to go dance but all she wanted to do was sit outside away from everybody. Eventually, she asked if we could leave the dance  over an hour early.

I was understandably bummed but took her home. Found out the following Monday that she had to be rushed to the hospital that night for an appendectomy. We ended up just staying friends afterward and joked later that I was such an awful date that I put her in the hospital. Good thing we didn't date though, she ended up becoming a domer.
TAMU

Skitch

• All American
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2017, 12:37:50 AM »
Worst first date was definitely the girl I took to my sophomore homecoming dance. Huge crush on her, volleyball player. Couldn't believe she actually said yes. The whole night she seemed off, kind of distant. We were already friends so I wasn't sure what the issue was. Figured she wasn't interested in being more than friends and I, in typical high school fashion was panicking. I kept wanting to go dance but all she wanted to do was sit outside away from everybody. Eventually, she asked if we could leave the dance  over an hour early.

I was understandably bummed but took her home. Found out the following Monday that she had to be rushed to the hospital that night for an appendectomy. We ended up just staying friends afterward and joked later that I was such an awful date that I put her in the hospital. Good thing we didn't date though, she ended up becoming a domer.

Could have been worse.  At least you didn't kill Samson.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2017, 12:52:22 AM »
The movie was completely sold out and packed so we had to sit in different rows. Ah middle school.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2017, 04:44:19 AM »
Could have been worse.  At least you didn't kill Samson.

I think Chick will get a visit from PETA today.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2017, 07:07:43 AM »
The future Mrs. TAMU and I decided to make a game of "let's talk about all the things you're not supposed to on a first date" on our first date. We hit politics, religion, sexual history, sports rivalries, family drama, everything. Ended up working out really well. But its definitely a "high risk, high reward" type situation.

Did you include the blow up doll our wing bought?
Maigh Eo for Sam

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2017, 08:12:26 AM »
On one of my first dates she fell a sleep at the movies. You guessed it; we have been married for 44 years now.

feedback