[April 19, 2024, 11:23:24 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:09:03 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: STH Survey  (Read 7249 times)

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
STH Survey
« on: May 15, 2017, 05:07:14 PM »
MUAD sent out their annual survey today. What are your likes/dislikes? In game promos? Giveaways? Fan experience? Lots of ratings on the band from uniforms to volume to music selection which I found a little much as I think the band has been holding the student section together the past few years.

Honestly, MU does a great job with promotions and the in game show, especially intros. The in-game experience could be vastly improved, especially with replays. Giveaways were good this year but they were limited. I find the player sing alongs grating but generally like the other promos. The preseason scrimmage was good as was bringing in the hoops alums.

I see the head of fan experience only lasted one year, and I wonder if people have been pissing about this more than normal? I thought this was the best year in a while.

muguru

• All American
Re: STH Survey
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 05:42:46 PM »
MUAD sent out their annual survey today. What are your likes/dislikes? In game promos? Giveaways? Fan experience? Lots of ratings on the band from uniforms to volume to music selection which I found a little much as I think the band has been holding the student section together the past few years.

Honestly, MU does a great job with promotions and the in game show, especially intros. The in-game experience could be vastly improved, especially with replays. Giveaways were good this year but they were limited. I find the player sing alongs grating but generally like the other promos. The preseason scrimmage was good as was bringing in the hoops alums.

I see the head of fan experience only lasted one year, and I wonder if people have been pissing about this more than normal? I thought this was the best year in a while.

I wonder how many people will respond to the question of "What would make the fan experience better for you" or however it was worded with "Improve the non conference schedule"??
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 05:44:14 PM »
I wonder how many people will respond to the question of "What would make the fan experience better for you" or however it was worded with "Improve the non conference schedule"??

That's a good one.  I wrote "winning."

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 05:44:15 PM »
Where's the question to have the band play the Hey song

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2017, 07:18:57 PM »
That's a good one.  I wrote "winning."
Ha--so did I.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2017, 07:37:02 PM »
Yeah. Not one question about the OOC, the joys of winning, or crappy start times.

They did ask about the source of MU basketball info, but gave about 8 choices with none of the boards or blogs listed. I wrote in Jimmy John's on Wells.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2017, 08:53:29 PM »
Any nickname change surveys, hey?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2017, 09:53:30 PM »
Where's the question to have the band play the Hey song

Right after the question about the students chanting "you suck" during the Hey song.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2017, 10:36:07 PM »
Yeah. Not one question about the OOC, the joys of winning, or crappy start times.

They did ask about the source of MU basketball info, but gave about 8 choices with none of the boards or blogs listed. I wrote in Jimmy John's on Wells.

I wrote in Ners. 
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2017, 10:38:11 PM »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2017, 07:58:42 AM »
The survey was poorly written .. or well written with the intent to not get much feedback.

I'd be curious to know what percentage of STHs ever got a premium item, like the pint glasses.   We typically roll in with 10 minutes to game time, which is pretty reasonable .. never got one, but ok.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2017, 08:54:06 AM »
The survey was poorly written .. or well written with the intent to not get much feedback.

I'd be curious to know what percentage of STHs ever got a premium item, like the pint glasses.   We typically roll in with 10 minutes to game time, which is pretty reasonable .. never got one, but ok.

The pint glasses required a minimum of 30 minutes prior, more for marquee games. I liked the idea behind more giveaways this year, and thought for the most part the glasses and shirts were nice, but I'd rather see fewer giveaways that satisfy all in attendance than a giveaway every night that 80-90% of the people that showed up don't get anyway.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2017, 09:10:14 AM »
When they first announced they were giving away pint glasses..i figured all STH's would get them regardless..and then they'd give vouchers to those that showed up early enough. Kinda lame that STH's didn't get them.
As far as the Tshirts go..for one of them, the biggest they had was a large, and another the biggest they had was an XL. That's fine except shouldn't you have at least some XXL and XXXL's?
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2017, 11:04:15 AM »

As far as the Tshirts go..for one of them, the biggest they had was a large, and another the biggest they had was an XL. That's fine except shouldn't you have at least some XXL and XXXL's?

Definitely. ZFB likes to bring his Bears to bball games.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2017, 11:26:58 AM »
When they first announced they were giving away pint glasses..i figured all STH's would get them regardless..and then they'd give vouchers to those that showed up early enough. Kinda lame that STH's didn't get them.

What a whiner.

Show up early.

Lose some weight.

Problem solved.
Have some patience, FFS.

GloccaMorra

• Walk-On
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2017, 11:36:50 AM »
Love MU but the powers that be seriously need to shake some things up on the fan experience/atmosphere aspect.  The several games I went to this year seemed almost identical to games I went to as a student in the mid 2000's.  Let's all watch a video of MU highlights as we listen to "Where the Streets Have No Name", followed by the nauseating "Jump on It" at some point and then the shoplifted "Jump Around" routine.  It's all so generic.  I understand these are not the only 3 songs played during games and there are others giveaways, games, etc. but just seems stale to me.  You want to complain about the students not showing up?  Get somebody hired to run our in game entertainment who's closer to the students age and can relate to what they want to see/hear.  Hint: It's not U2.

Yes, alumni and older fans are the donors and majority of the crowd...but students provide the air in the building.  Cater to them.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2017, 11:50:33 AM »
Love MU but the powers that be seriously need to shake some things up on the fan experience/atmosphere aspect.  The several games I went to this year seemed almost identical to games I went to as a student in the mid 2000's.  Let's all watch a video of MU highlights as we listen to "Where the Streets Have No Name", followed by the nauseating "Jump on It" at some point and then the shoplifted "Jump Around" routine.  It's all so generic.  I understand these are not the only 3 songs played during games and there are others giveaways, games, etc. but just seems stale to me.  You want to complain about the students not showing up?  Get somebody hired to run our in game entertainment who's closer to the students age and can relate to what they want to see/hear.  Hint: It's not U2.

Yes, alumni and older fans are the donors and majority of the crowd...but students provide the air in the building.  Cater to them.

So the students don't show up because they weren't catered too? WTH is that? What catering needs to be done to students who are already getting to go to games at a STEEP discount on tickets.

I have zero problem with changing it up but if students aren't going to games because they don't hear Chainsmokers on the PA....we got bigger problems.

*edit: Also not sure it's a winning issue. The student turn out (on a Saturday) for the Providence game which followed MU's miraculous upset of Nova brought no greater student body than a "normal" game.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 11:52:14 AM by mu03eng »
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2017, 12:16:10 PM »
... and then the shoplifted "Jump Around" routine.

We played Jump Around when I was a student (1993-1997) and UW claims they started it in 1998. 

So who shoplifted who?!
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2017, 12:20:30 PM »
Did someone mention that the band should overhaul their repertoire?

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2017, 01:33:25 PM »

I literally used those exact words in my survey.

BTW, any of you who got the survey and prefer to sit around and bitch on this website instead of giving your feedback to the program deserve what you get.
Have some patience, FFS.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2017, 01:55:35 PM »
We played Jump Around when I was a student (1993-1997) and UW claims they started it in 1998. 

So who shoplifted who?!
Thank you, you saved me from saying the same thing.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2017, 02:26:53 PM »
I literally used those exact words in my survey.

BTW, any of you who got the survey and prefer to sit around and bitch on this website instead of giving your feedback to the program deserve what you get.

Then what, pray tell, is the point of this website?
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2017, 02:56:10 PM »

They add new songs every year.  Yes, some of it is old favorites that have gone stale, but when I was in the band we consistently had 5-10 new songs every year.

The problem with modern music is that it doesn't lend itself well to band arrangements.  When it does, someone has to write a decent arrangement (which doesn't always happen).  Then getting the licenses to play the music costs money.

If you have song suggestions, DM me and I'll pass them to people I still know in band.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2017, 02:58:44 PM »
Then what, pray tell, is the point of this website?

True enough.

Have some patience, FFS.

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2017, 03:02:58 PM »
They add new songs every year.  Yes, some of it is old favorites that have gone stale, but when I was in the band we consistently had 5-10 new songs every year.

The problem with modern music is that it doesn't lend itself well to band arrangements.  When it does, someone has to write a decent arrangement (which doesn't always happen).  Then getting the licenses to play the music costs money.

If you have song suggestions, DM me and I'll pass them to people I still know in band.

Do they still do the pinky thing after free throws?  We should get the whole lower bowl in on that action.

feedback