[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by TSmith34, Inc.
[April 18, 2024, 09:22:20 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Centennial Hoopla VS. Backyard BBQ  (Read 13212 times)

jsglow

• All American
Re: Centennial Hoopla VS. Backyard BBQ
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2017, 10:30:06 PM »
So I trust you guys saw that they booked Fitz and the Tantrums for HC.  I had heard that something big was in the works but I gotta give 'em props on this.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2017, 10:45:04 PM »
Just like the complaining about losing the free Backyard BBQ event turned out to be a waste of time, my guess is so too will the complaining about the change of homecoming weekend.  Before we complain, maybe we should wait it out to see if there's something worth complaining about.

Backyard BBQ was not free...

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2017, 11:33:20 PM »
So I trust you guys saw that they booked Fitz and the Tantrums for HC.  I had heard that something big was in the works but I gotta give 'em props on this.

We need YIPES! for next year.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2017, 12:00:44 AM »
Just like the complaining about losing the free Backyard BBQ event turned out to be a waste of time, my guess is so too will the complaining about the change of homecoming weekend.  Before we complain, maybe we should wait it out to see if there's something worth complaining about.

If you were a student, would you be looking forward to attending the Homecoming concert with your parents and some drunk rando alumni like JayBee? Can you say Casey and the Sunshine Band, ai-na?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2017, 12:26:06 AM »
Honestly, I love the Marquette is trying to start a homecoming event. Didn't know what I had missed until I went to grad schools and got to experience it. I was at a pretty unknown D2 school and even there it was a blast. With Marquette's resources, they should be able to make it a solid tradition. I question the timing of madness and the reunion parties, but details can be worked out.

Even though homecoming is technically about the alumni "coming home" it should really be about the current students. I think moving it from the summer to the fall makes a lot of sense.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2017, 06:24:47 AM »
If you were a student, would you be looking forward to attending the Homecoming concert with your parents and some drunk rando alumni like JayBee? Can you say Casey and the Sunshine Band, ai-na?

That's kind of the point of a homecoming event...
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2017, 09:24:41 AM »
That's kind of the point of a homecoming event...

So, your parents went with you to your high school homecoming dance?

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2017, 09:46:57 AM »
If you were a student, would you be looking forward to attending the Homecoming concert with your parents and some drunk rando alumni like JayBee?

Yes
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2017, 10:01:04 AM »
So, your parents went with you to your high school homecoming dance?

A high school homecoming dance is not what a college homecoming weekend is.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2017, 10:52:06 AM »

If you are a student, drunk alums are the best!  They tend to buy a lot of rounds, which is a big deal if you are a poor college student.

If glow jr. were still on campus, I would totally tell him to sidle up to Jay Bee at Caff's (but not his sister).
Have some patience, FFS.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2017, 10:57:17 AM »
If you are a student, drunk alums are the best!  They tend to buy a lot of rounds, which is a big deal if you are a poor college student.

If glow jr. were still on campus, I would totally tell him to sidle up to Jay Bee at Caff's (but not his sister).

Yup.  Parents weekend was certainly not something to dread.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2017, 11:00:33 AM »

Oh yeah.  The amount I dropped at my son's roommate's wedding was pretty darn impressive. 

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2017, 09:39:32 PM »

The BBQ was never free

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2017, 09:46:19 PM »

This is not your Caff's Alumni weekend.  Three fourths of the  students are underage. Throw in their helicopter parents, some very drunk alums, some in their 70s and that is an interesting concert dynamic.  Ought to be a great concert with Bobby Dukiet on the ivories.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #64 on: August 30, 2017, 09:47:57 PM »
A high school homecoming dance is not what a college homecoming weekend is.

So your mom was your high school homecoming date? 

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2017, 10:04:43 PM »
Just heard from a mutual friend that VanDerhoef has been gone from MU since June.  Anybody know the scoop.  Seems that Development leader at MU has a short shelf life.  Maybe its true for anyone who reaches that level of development hierarchy.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2017, 01:02:02 AM »
Just heard from a mutual friend that VanDerhoef has been gone from MU since June.  Anybody know the scoop.  Seems that Development leader at MU has a short shelf life.  Maybe its true for anyone who reaches that level of development hierarchy.

Last Pilarz holdover...hearing athletics fundraising will split back off again.  Scholl leading this search and has shown he can open checkbooks.