[Today at 07:53:14 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by PJDunn
[Today at 07:36:37 AM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[April 24, 2024, 09:57:20 PM]

Best case scenarios by We R Final Four
[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Kostas Update  (Read 13044 times)

martyconlonontherun

• All American
Kostas Update
« on: May 12, 2017, 04:24:29 PM »

I didnt want to pump an old thread on the main board so throwing it here for those interested. Kostas looks like he bulked up/grew some more and is close to Giannis's size. I will find it very interesting how he develops since he was basically a bird in the hand for Marquette if they wanted him.

I still think he will be a 4-year guy who will be just a terror on defense when he is a junior and senior.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Re: Kostas Update
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 02:18:08 PM »

I didnt want to pump an old thread on the main board so throwing it here for those interested. Kostas looks like he bulked up/grew some more and is close to Giannis's size. I will find it very interesting how he develops since he was basically a bird in the hand for Marquette if they wanted him.

I still think he will be a 4-year guy who will be just a terror on defense when he is a junior and senior.
I was in the Kostas camp from day one. The best we can do now is try to recruit Alexis.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Skitch

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 02:58:41 PM »
I was in the Kostas camp from day one.

Why didn't you tell anyone?

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2017, 03:41:05 PM »
This picture absolutely proves he will be a great player.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2017, 04:56:30 PM »

Why?

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2017, 06:11:21 PM »
Why?

Great hair.  Most important quality in a basketball player.  Second most important...a solid neck (to hold up the great hair).

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2017, 07:19:46 PM »

I don't think anyone thinks he is going to be an all American or anything but the picture shows he has grown and has been growing at a similar rate as his brother. If he fills out like Giannis at age 21 as a junior, he has the body to be an elite college defender. Will be a fun player to watch due to the local ties.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2017, 09:07:20 PM »
Why?

I'm gonna guess that his post was implied teal....

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2017, 09:49:09 PM »
Why?

I thought my sarcasm was more than obvious.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2017, 11:57:56 AM »
Had Wojo signed Kostas, I would have been all for it.

That Wojo went with other recruits ... I'm all for that, too.

Our coach and his assistants have given us little reason to question their instincts and abilities as recruiters.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2017, 02:31:28 PM »
I thought my sarcasm was more than obvious.

That was sarcasm?  I too thought you were referring to his neck and hair, both solid pieces of work in their own right.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2017, 02:37:04 PM »
I will find it very interesting how he develops since he was basically a bird in the hand for Marquette if they wanted him.

Exactly.  And Wojo chose the bush rather than his own hand.  I see no foul in that decision.

Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2017, 06:46:31 PM »
  i have a funny feeling kostas(and don't call me bob) is going to be a late bloomer.  proving your naysayers wrong can be a very powerful motivator.  just ask aaron rodgers.  not to mention, he's got an NBA all star to push him.  this is not criticism of wojo or anyone else who took a pass on him.   
don't...don't don't don't don't

tower912

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2017, 07:11:57 PM »
Freshman year, academically ineligible.  The coach who recruited him has left.  He has size, yes.   I will trust wojo when it comes to recruiting.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
            ---Al McGuire

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2017, 09:07:27 PM »
Kosta's Injury update

http://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/dayton-coach-grant-provides-injury-update-antetokounmpo/JEOUBi3Ft6xDTcqaOKAG0J/

PS - everything about this 'injury' makes little sense. yikes. He was a nonqualifier... hope there aren't still issues, hey? But at the same time 1.5 years ago I said he's a good 3-4 years away.. maybe good... prolly not for Dayton, hey?
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2017, 09:30:16 PM »
Man, whoever came up with the idea that we aspired to be SLU was selling us short.  We're now looking for update on Dayton's unqualified players.  Awesome.

The kid is bad at basketball.  I know MUFNY deals with the Bucks owners on the reg and has instant access to any and all of the Bucks players and their families as a result and has thus discussed Kostas with the Antetokounmpo parents and Giannis himself at length and that's how he knows the kid has an incredible work ethic that was instilled in him from a young age in Greece, when MUFNY first met young Kostas, but the kid was never an option for MU.  Time to move along.  Actually about 2 years too late.  Probably should've realized this when he couldn't even get playing time at the D4 level of the WIAA.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

UNC Eagle

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2017, 06:52:12 PM »
Man, whoever came up with the idea that we aspired to be SLU was selling us short.  We're now looking for update on Dayton's unqualified players.  Awesome.

The kid is bad at basketball.  I know MUFNY deals with the Bucks owners on the reg and has instant access to any and all of the Bucks players and their families as a result and has thus discussed Kostas with the Antetokounmpo parents and Giannis himself at length and that's how he knows the kid has an incredible work ethic that was instilled in him from a young age in Greece, when MUFNY first met young Kostas, but the kid was never an option for MU.  Time to move along.  Actually about 2 years too late.  Probably should've realized this when he couldn't even get playing time at the D4 level of the WIAA.
http://daytonflyers.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=4419&path=mbball
UNC Grad MU Fan

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2017, 08:16:42 AM »
Exactly.  And Wojo chose the bush rather than his own hand.  I see no foul in that decision.

ohhh missed opportunity to play "I see no fowl in that decision."

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2017, 07:27:32 PM »
Great neck

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2017, 09:01:02 PM »
Kostas - the reason MU supports dropping the one year wait for transfer to be eligible!!!

Where's the damn teal button anyway???
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2017, 10:07:04 AM »
http://daytonflyers.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=4419&path=mbball

Why I Chose UD: "I thought it was the best for me."

'Nuff said.  Moving on.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
            ---Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
            ---Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2017, 07:38:22 PM »
            ---Al McGuire

feedback