Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Angel Delgado will NOT return to Seton Hall  (Read 9793 times)

GGGG

• All American
Re: Angel Delgado will NOT return to Seton Hall
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2017, 05:34:24 PM »
muguru's source?  MUFINY.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2017, 06:56:31 PM »
muguru's source?  MUFINY.

I gave the link..at the time, he was thought to be gone. Kid made a HORRIBLE decision coming back...he'll be 24 when he graduates and he better hope he doesn't get hurt.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2017, 06:59:14 PM »
I gave the link..at the time, he was thought to be gone. Kid made a HORRIBLE decision coming back...he'll be 24 when he graduates and he better hope he doesn't get hurt.

No. You made the title that was false. And he won't be 24 when he graduates. That's also a lie.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2017, 07:58:09 PM »
There's a difference between a false statement and a lie.

A lie is a false statement made with deliberate attempt to deceive. Angel Delgado will turn 23 this November. Without knowing muguru's intent, saying he'll be 24 when he graduates is simply a false statement.

It's also a huge assumption to say he made a horrible decision. By all accounts, Delgado fully considered his options, saying: "It's very important to my family and me that I finish what I started. This was a difficult decision that took time and patience. Coming back just feels right." That sounds like a mature, responsible approach. It's his decision. No one else's.

http://www.nj.com/setonhall/index.ssf/2017/05/seton_hall_star_big_man_angel_delgado_returning_fo.html

"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2017, 08:22:04 PM »

Nowhere in your posted article does he say anything definitive like your title implies. And upon reading the full article, you would never get the vibe of "he was thought to be gone."

tower912

• All American
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2017, 08:26:08 PM »
Splitting hairs mighty fine.  Big picture, a Marquette nemesis is returning.  Beating up muguru serves no purpose.  Just a sign of boredom.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 06:14:45 AM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2017, 08:32:27 PM »
Splitting hairs might fine.  Big picture, a Marquette nemesis is returning.  Beating up muguru serves no purpose.  Just a sign of boredom.

Just let me have my bored fun

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2017, 01:32:52 PM »
“I think Seton Hall’s coach is doing a really great job. And with me or without me, I think they will be really good.”

I like how this quote makes it look like he doesn't know who the coach is :)

Regarding his decision to return, Delgado said, "I also want to thank the Seton Hall coach for all his/her advice. I wouldn't be where I am today without him/her."

Relationes Incrementum Victoria

MU82

• All American
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2017, 03:02:28 PM »
When guru says "HORRIBLE decision" he mostly means for Marquette. Pretty sure he could not care less how it impacts Delgado personally, he just wants Marquette to be to the Big East what Gonzaga is to the WCC and anything that impedes that from happening is HORRIBLE.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2017, 03:17:12 PM »
Having great players and great teams in the Big East is a good thing for Marquette. Just a few reasons why:

1. High-profile players get talked about for conference and national awards (i.e. all-conference, conference player of the year, All-American), increasing exposure and ratings for the Big East.

2. When a player like Angel Delgado stays for his senior year, it makes his team better — boosting strength of schedule and RPI. Those are key factors that the NCAA tournament selection committee looks at.

3. Beating a great team with great players is ever-so satisfying. Need I remind posters of the euphoria that came with knocking off #1 Villanova?
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2017, 03:22:51 PM »
Having great players and great teams in the Big East is a good thing for Marquette. Just a few reasons why:

1. High-profile players get talked about for conference and national awards (i.e. all-conference, conference player of the year, All-American), increasing exposure and ratings for the Big East.

2. When a player like Angel Delgado stays for his senior year, it makes his team better — boosting strength of schedule and RPI. Those are key factors that the NCAA tournament selection committee looks at.

3. Beating a great team with great players is ever-so satisfying. Need I remind posters of the euphoria that came with knocking off #1 Villanova?
Suspect that most of us would agree.  MU just needs to its part.

Oldgym

• All American
  • It was their final, most essential command
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2017, 03:33:47 PM »
Suspect that most of us would agree.  MU just needs to its part.

A more succinct way of saying what I was about to say. All those nice things about the BE need, eventually, to translate into the occasional banner for MU.  Took a nice step last year, but there are schools for which high-profile BE successes have not been helpful.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2017, 03:45:56 PM »
I am hopeful for the day when we no longer cheer for our conference mates, in order to legitimize our conference.
I get that it has been necessary to some extent in the genesis of the 'new' conference. I hope we get to that place where we hate conference foes rather than applaud them. Seems now we are still trying to prove our collective worthiness. In the near future, I hope it's understood.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2017, 03:50:15 PM »
I am hopeful for the day when we no longer cheer for our conference mates, in order to legitimize our conference.
I get that it has been necessary to some extent in the genesis of the 'new' conference. I hope we get to that place where we hate conference foes rather than applaud them. Seems now we are still trying to prove our collective worthiness. In the near future, I hope it's understood.

If we keep getting the number of invites to the dance that we're getting The Big East will be fine.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2017, 05:12:05 PM »

I cheered for Big East schools in the old league during non-con, and did the same for C-USA teams before. For me, I don't see that ever changing, no matter how good (or bad) we are.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2017, 06:04:31 PM »
Delgado and SH are in our conf.

I too cheer for our conference mates in non con games.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2017, 06:39:54 PM »
Bluiett staying at Xavier withdraws from draft

https://twitter.com/goodmanespn/status/867158517576155136
Goal is National Championship

feedback