[April 25, 2024, 09:43:05 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Uncle Rico
[April 25, 2024, 05:51:25 PM]

Campus camp-out with cool flags? by FreewaysBurnerAccount
[April 25, 2024, 04:52:25 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 25, 2024, 02:51:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Golf retail hurting  (Read 9027 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: Golf retail hurting
« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2017, 07:37:32 PM »
It is my experience that if you have an average clubhead speed the duo is so soft you will feel it compress and then really take off.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2017, 10:36:05 PM »
When I get invited to golf, I just offer to be the one to hold everyone else's beer while they are teeing off or putting or whatever.
Chick, your gif game is slipping.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2017, 06:23:17 AM »

If I have to wear those heels, I am definitely insisting on getting a cart.
Have some patience, FFS.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2017, 09:43:24 AM »

And now she's, if not one of, the highest paid actresses on TV today.  Let that be a lesson: schlepping beer opens many a door.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2017, 11:02:38 AM »
And now she's, if not one of, the highest paid actresses on TV today.  Let that be a lesson: schlepping beer opens many a door.

Who is it?  I don't recognize her.
Have some patience, FFS.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2017, 11:11:03 AM »
Who is it?  I don't recognize her.

That is a 26 year old Julie Bowen in Happy Gilmore.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2017, 11:27:17 AM »

That explains it.  I barely recognized her when I saw the movie, and I don't remember this scene.

She's, um, changed her appearance quite a bit over the years.
Have some patience, FFS.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2017, 11:41:59 AM »
That explains it.  I barely recognized her when I saw the movie, and I don't remember this scene.

She's, um, changed her appearance quite a bit over the years.

Don't feel bad. I didn't even know it was Julie Bowen until I searched for the GIF yesterday.  One of those, "Oh, really? That's who that is?" moments.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2017, 12:20:31 PM »
Ass looks memorable, doe, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2017, 02:13:27 PM »

modern family's claire dunphy-the mom.  i think she's nicer looking today then back in her "prime"
don't...don't don't don't don't

MU82

• All American
« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2017, 12:39:12 PM »
Free ones and found ones.  ;D.  Seriously, though, Wilson Duo's and Duo Spin's.  For me and my swing, consistently 7-10 yards longer off the driver.  One club less in to the green.  A well struck iron, one less than with a Pro V, stops well enough.

I'll have to check 'em out. Thanks.

Last year, Costco came out with a ball that testers and club pros were raving about - comparable or even better than Pro-Vs at a fraction of the price.

Costco was deluged with offers and ran out of them, and today they can be found only on eBay, with sellers fetching twice what they paid for them.

Crazy.

Not sure why Costco doesn't bring them back, make more of them and even hike up the price, say, 10%.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2017, 01:04:00 PM »

Last year, Costco came out with a ball that testers and club pros were raving about - comparable or even better than Pro-Vs at a fraction of the price.

Costco was deluged with offers and ran out of them, and today they can be found only on eBay, with sellers fetching twice what they paid for them.

Crazy.

Not sure why Costco doesn't bring them back, make more of them and even hike up the price, say, 10%.

I believe because the ball OEM decided to direct instead of through Costco after the original success
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2017, 02:53:16 PM »

Crazy.

Ball was the Kirkland Signature. It was actually the Nassau Quattro, which can be found in the European market. Nassau had a large overrun of the ball and sold the lot to Costco, where it was re-branded as the Kirkland Signature. That's the reason the ball disappeared once it sold out.

Now, Costco is bringing back the "Kirkland Signature", but it is based on a different design and not the same ball that came out last fall.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 03:00:19 PM by RJax55 »

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2017, 02:57:19 PM »
Ball was the Kirkland Signature. It was actually the Nassau Quattro, which can be found in the European market. Nassau had a large overrun of the ball and sold the lot to Costco, where it was re-branded as the the Kirkland Signature. That's the reason the ball disappeared once it sold out.

Now, Costco is bringing back the "Kirkland Signature", but it is based on a different design and not the same ball that came out last fall.

Someone should ask Chitown to stuff as many Quattros into his suitcase as he can when he repatriates himself.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2017, 12:20:42 AM »
Ball was the Kirkland Signature. It was actually the Nassau Quattro, which can be found in the European market. Nassau had a large overrun of the ball and sold the lot to Costco, where it was re-branded as the Kirkland Signature. That's the reason the ball disappeared once it sold out.

There you have it. I knew somebody would have the info.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

feedback